and where are you from?..

Old March 16th 04, 12:03 AM
Gina M

Default and where are you from?..

"S Jordan" wrote in message ...
"Gina M" wrote

I'm currently in Nevada, US.. and for the 8+ years I've been posting on

the
misc.kids groups, I don't think I've seen anyone else say they live in

NV.
I'm from Washington State originally.

Stephanie
mom to 7

Hey Stephanie! I am in Las Vegas, NV, but I am mostly a lurker )

Gina
edd 5/18
Girl! Emilia Jean

Finally another Nevadan Congratulations on your upcoming baby, I like the
name you've chosen. I've been to your part of NV before - 5 times. Too many
people there! Our whole county population is less than 10k so you can
imagine the culture shock we have when we aim towards Vegas or Reno! We're
up north of you by about 5 hours or so. Way colder in winter but that means
we're cooler in the summer toog

My youngest is a May baby - the 16th. He'll be 1 this year.

Stephanie
mom to 7
17, 15, 12, 8, 5 (6 on the 21st), 3 and ~10 months

Thanks! I actually went to high school in Alamo, NV, where my
grandmother was born and raised, so I know small town Nevada and loved
it! My graduating class at Paranaghat Valley HS was 28! compared to
about 400 here in LV.

Our family still has property up there and I dream about one day
moving back that way with my children. It is a whole different
experience! I loved the cooler summers up there and the snow in the
winter was a blast!

Gina
Old March 16th 04, 12:07 AM
Buzzy Bee

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 17:14:14 +1300, Maggie
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
Leanne spake thusly
The post about european posters got me thinking.

Where are you all from??

Wellington, New Zealand

Born Wellington, raised Auckland, lived in Europe (mostly England,
where I am now, but two spells in Denmark) since teens.

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7 May 2003, 17 hours: sunrise to sunset (homebirth)

To e-mail use: megan at farr-montgomery dot com
Old March 16th 04, 12:09 AM
Buzzy Bee

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 20:12:12 +0000 (UTC), "melizabeth"
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
"Tatjana Farkin" wrote in message
Germany, with plans to relocate to England in 2005.

--
Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for close to 3 years

Are you with the military? I was in Germany and moved to the UK last July.

Er, I think you will find she's actually *German* pretty far out
reason to live there I know ;-)

(ignore me, just being cheeky here!)

Megan

Old March 16th 04, 12:14 AM
Buzzy Bee

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:44:34 +1300, "Kereru"
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

No, I'm in Tawa so we can't see quite that far :-)

My cousins used to live in Tawa. Greyfriars Avenue or something like
that!

Megan

Old March 16th 04, 01:16 AM
Cheryl

Default Request for US members

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 08:43:32 +1100, Daye wrote:

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:28:39 +1100, Cheryl
wrote:

If FNQ was its own state then the rest of Qld could have daylight
saving.....

But why would you want it?

Mainly to annoy my MIL Also because when we visit I wake up at
4.30am when the sun rises and that's just way too early to start the
day. I find it hard to believe anyone actually likes that. In FNQ
I've been told that the days are usually 12 hours long so daylight
saving wouldn't work there but it would in Brisbane.

--
Cheryl
Mum to Shrimp (11 Mar 99), Thud (4 Oct 00)
Old March 16th 04, 01:18 AM
Cheryl

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 08:05:18 +1000, "A&G&K"
wrote:

My tip for living in Cairns - don't! Live in Kuranda and just take the
20-odd minute drive up and down the 'hill' everyday ... its much prettier
and much cooler than Cairns.

Thanks for the hint! However it will really depend on where the
Defence Housing Authority has houses available when we go there. I'd
rather live in Cairns than Darwin but DH wants Darwin instead of
Cairns. His aunt and uncle live just out of Cairns so I think he'd
rather keep away from them.

Old March 16th 04, 03:14 AM
hierophant

Jennifer from Colorado wrote:

Glad to hear. We made a deliberate choice to schlep all the way up
there, as my HMO (Kaiser) only gives me a choice between Boulder and
St. Joe's. Too many people I know who have gone to St. Joe's (through
Kaiser) have ended up with interventions they hadn't wanted and a
frightening percentage have had c-sections.

Gee, hard decision... I wish more people with Kaiser would schlep
for better care! I've been to St. Joe's for births and every birth
has been stressful. My picks are Boulder and University in Denver
(the midwives are phenomenal and waterbirths are optional!).

Kris
Old March 16th 04, 03:49 AM
Sandi

"Angela Schepers" wrote in message

Originally from Brookfield, between Chillicothe and Macon on Highway 36.

I went to college at NMSU (now Truman State) in Kirksville. Are you

from
around there anywhere?

I used to drive through there every time I went back and forth from home.
Even got a speeding ticket there once...

--
Sandi
Mommy to Abby, 3

Old March 16th 04, 05:12 AM
S Jordan

"Gina M" wrote

Thanks! I actually went to high school in Alamo, NV, where my
grandmother was born and raised, so I know small town Nevada and loved
it! My graduating class at Paranaghat Valley HS was 28! compared to
about 400 here in LV.

Our family still has property up there and I dream about one day
moving back that way with my children. It is a whole different
experience! I loved the cooler summers up there and the snow in the
winter was a blast!

Gina

We've been through Alamo a couple times, I think it's pretty. Of course I
think almost any smaller town is nice I like Caliente too, and Ash Springs
is where we stop every time we head south. We're about 2 hours away from
Elko here, a tad closer to Wendover. We don't do Walmart or malls, that's
for sure! Our only big store - JC Penney - is closing in the summer
unfortunately.

I'm not sure how many kids are in our high school here, mine are
homeschooled. I know it's much smaller than my high school in Washington was
but even there we only had 100 or so seniors in '85.

If you know anyone interested in owning an old church in our area, I know
one that will be for sale within a year or 3 Over an acre and the house is
over 6000 square feet. With the mines re-opening soon and the new power
plant that's going to be built within the next 6 years, property values are
sure to go up. Population and job opportunities too! We hope to move before
it gets too ridiculous.. now that my husband is driving a big rig we have a
lot more freedom as to where we want to live. We have a dream location
picked, just have to find a town and state that fit the dreamg

Nice to see you here, I hope you continue posting!

Stephanie
mom to 7

Old March 16th 04, 05:41 AM
Maggie

Cam & Shane spake thusly
Luckily no - but we did have a lot of people stay at our house the night of
the big one last year. And the last storm we ended up with onions on our
front lawn :-))))

LOL!
--
Maggie