what's the line on early pg symptoms?

Old May 10th 04, 09:24 PM
kim in cville

Default what's the line on early pg symptoms?

Greetings, all--

I'm 7dpo, CD21, in the 2ww with a biphasic chart and other signs that O was
CD14.
BD'ed on days 12, 13 and 14.

I know the only sure test of conception is the baby, and good confidence
short of that comes from a blood test and/or pg test long enough after O,
but is there anything to some of the less clear symptoms that I've read
about that might be suggestive during the 2ww?

For example, I have had sore nipples for days. I never get that. My
breasts seem somewhat fuller as well, though that could be wishful thinking,
or it could be from the general bloat that has been coming and going these
same last few days. I've also had some passing mild nausea over the same
last few days, almost ignorable until today. I had to get up 3 times last
night to pee, and have had some very vivid dreams--I woke my husband up by
crying out for help in my sleep (also not normal for me).

Might I have any real grounds for wishful thinking?

--Kim in cville
TTC #1

Old May 10th 04, 09:44 PM
Shannon

On 2004-05-10 16:24:14 -0400, "kim in cville" said:

Greetings, all--

[...]

Hi again Kim. Since I'm in the same place as you right now I'm afraid
I can't answer your questions...however I was wondering if you might be
able to tell me what dpo, CD and BD stand for...
Hopefully you will know more next week Don't you hate waiting? My
husband says that if I plan to have a child for the rest of my life,
the least I can do is wait a couple of weeks to find out if I'm
pregnant. Two weeks feels like two years to me right now! I can
completely understand why you want to figure this out early.
--
Shannon

Please remove -NO SPAM from email address to email me personally.

Old May 10th 04, 10:13 PM
kim in cville

Hi Shannon--
CD is cycle day--CD1 is the first day of your period. DPO is days past
ovulation--I think I ovulated on CD14. BD is baby dance --sex for
babymaking purposes--usually planned by timing and sometimes with some other
tricks of arguable value (propping up hips afterward, etc). We BD'ed on
CD12, 13 and 14, timed based on signs of impending ovulation (CM--cervical
mucous, CP--cervical position, and calendar, I also got O pain on CD14 that
helped confirm the timing).
Yes, I do hate the wait, but I'm trying to keep myself distracted from it (I
have a bunch of work to do anyway...). It's hard to keep it out of my mind,
though, when I'm getting some of these other body issues that aren't normal
for me! I hope they're a good sign... Are you getting anything wacky
during the 2ww (two week wait)?
Oh, and did you get my answer to your first post (not your intro)?
--Kim in cville
TTC #1

Old May 10th 04, 10:56 PM
Donna Metler

On 2004-05-10 16:24:14 -0400, "kim in cville"

said:

[...]

Depending on how friendly your insurance company and OB are on lab work,
they might be able to do a blood test earlier. I had a slight positive HPT a
few days before my period was due, and the pregnancy was formally diagnosed
(after two increasing blood tests) almost exactly at 4 weeks.
Please remove -NO SPAM from email address to email me personally.

Old May 11th 04, 12:29 AM
Shannon

Hi Shannon--

"Shannon" wrote in message

Hi again Kim. Since I'm in the same place as you right now I'm afraid
I can't answer your questions...however I was wondering if you might be
able to tell me what dpo, CD and BD stand for...
Hopefully you will know more next week Don't you hate waiting? My
husband says that if I plan to have a child for the rest of my life,
the least I can do is wait a couple of weeks to find out if I'm
pregnant. Two weeks feels like two years to me right now! I can
completely understand why you want to figure this out early.

Kim,

Yes I did get the answer to my first post, thank you very much! I am
not monitoring body temperature. My husband and I actually decided
when I first went off the pill that we would wait at least a month so
my body would get used to being off the pill. But I decided that I
didn't want to wait because I really want a late winter or early spring
baby next year and I'm not sure how long it is going to take.

After deciding to try right away we agreed that we wouldn't focus too
much on the timing unless a few months went by and nothing happened.
We would just carry on as usual and see where it lead us. That is why
I haven't gotten too much into the charting. As time goes by though
I've become too excited and curious to not pay attention to what is
going on with my body.

Having said that, there isn't much going on Nothing is quite as it
is discribed in the books and so far I don't have any wacky feelings
since ovulating. Right now I'm just in stand-by mode!

Old May 11th 04, 06:34 AM
Cathy

kim in cville wrote:
Greetings, all--

I'm 7dpo, CD21, in the 2ww with a biphasic chart and other signs that
O was CD14.
BD'ed on days 12, 13 and 14.

With my first pregnancy, I had really heavy feeling breasts, and tender
nipples as early as 5 days after conception/Bd'ing. And at the same time I
got a rash, which I was later told was a hormone rash. I was pretty darn
sure I was pg, and was right. good luck - I hope your symptoms give a
positive result soon.

Cathy
DD 8 Jan 03
EDD 8 Dec 04

Old May 11th 04, 08:29 PM
kim in cville

Thanks, Cathy--
No rash for me, but still having passing waves of nausea, and though the
nipple tenderness has decreased, it's been replaced yesterday and today (7
and 8dpo) with cramping (generally way too early for me to feel AF coming
on...). More vivid dreams last night too...
It suppose it could all be coming-off-the-pill weirdness, but crossing my
fingers anyway...
--kim in cville

Old May 11th 04, 08:34 PM
kim in cville

Hmmm...it's a thought...but I wonder if those kinds of measures would feed
this obsession I'm trying to keep reasonably at bay...
I really want to know, but OTOH I do think the wait is probably good for me.
Patience is not (yet) one of my strong suits (but working on it)...

--Kim in cville
TTC #1
8dpo and obsessing...

t...

Old May 12th 04, 12:50 AM
Sophie

[...]

I have all those symptoms pretty quickly except dreams and nausea when I'm
pregnant.

Might I have any real grounds for wishful thinking?

--Kim in cville
TTC #1

Just an FYI - I got a + on a test at 10 dpo (First Response)

Old May 12th 04, 03:50 AM
kim in cville

Yay --First Response Early is what I picked up tonight and I'm going to
test for the first time tomorrow morning (eep!). It will only be 9dpo, but
my symptoms make me suspect I may have implanted 6 or 7dpo. I've read that
the super-sensitive tests can show + as soon as the first hCG doubling. If
it's neg, I'll try again every 2 or 3 days...
Trying not to get my hopes up too much, as this *is* my first cycle off the
pill, but I was regular before I went on and my charting shows O and other
good stuff...
Wheee!
--Kim in cville
TTC #1