The low/weird hCG levels..

Old September 14th 06, 06:31 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
blue

Default The low/weird hCG levels..

I had the low hCG of 2, it just turned out more than likely to be a lab
error, as I am not surprisingly not pregnant. I had sore, swollen boobs, and
some vomiting and my period was 2 weeks late so I don't know what the heck
happened....I was starting to be SURE I was pregnant, physically, although I
told DH I didn't "feel" it mentally.

We weren't really trying...we plan to actively TTC in early 07 so a few more
months...I have endometriosis that's getting worse (worse pain, longer
durations of pain etc, I am sure it has spread) so I am actually a little
worried that TTC will be harder next time.

But when I found out for sure it was negative, I found that I got
surprisingly depressed, and had a good cry. It turns out my heart was into
it and I was excited thinking about a #2. But we'll TTC soon..... has this
happened to anyone else? You weren't trying, you had a situation where you
thought you might have a surprise, then you felt such a loss at what you
weren't even trying for yet anyway because you started to long for it? :-/

Old September 14th 06, 09:36 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

blue wrote:
[...]

If your period was 2 weeks late it's entirely possible that you in fact were
pregnant but that it failed very early, and by the time you had the beta
test done, the hcg levels were back down to negative at only 2. I've had
lots of very early pregnancies fail. Either which way, I'm sorry that this
wasn't your month. I hope the next one sticks around!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old September 14th 06, 11:51 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Have you been checked out for PCOS? That apparently can cause false
pregnancy symptoms.

Cheers

Anne

Old September 15th 06, 05:45 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
blue

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
Have you been checked out for PCOS? That apparently can cause false
pregnancy symptoms.

Cheers

Anne

Not specifically, but I am wondering wouldn't they know if I have PCOS by
the tests they have done for other things? How is PCOS diagnosed? I have had
laparascopic surgery to diagnose endometriosis (I have it), and have had
various vaginal u/s and CTscans of the pelvic area....I assume one of those
would have picked up PCOS, right? Or are there other factors? I know they
saw one cyst on one of my ovaries during the CTscan. But that's normal for
me, in all the scans, I usually have a cyst on one or the other, an u/s tech
told me it's probably the ovary I just ovulated from, it's common. I have
never had a cyst large enough to make the doctors want to do anything to
remove it...

Old September 15th 06, 05:52 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Not specifically, but I am wondering wouldn't they know if I have PCOS by
the tests they have done for other things? How is PCOS diagnosed? I have
had laparascopic surgery to diagnose endometriosis (I have it), and have
had various vaginal u/s and CTscans of the pelvic area....I assume one of
those would have picked up PCOS, right? Or are there other factors? I know
they saw one cyst on one of my ovaries during the CTscan. But that's
normal for me, in all the scans, I usually have a cyst on one or the
other, an u/s tech told me it's probably the ovary I just ovulated from,
it's common. I have never had a cyst large enough to make the doctors want
to do anything to remove it...

I really don't know very much about it, though if you just have one cyst
each time, it seems unlikely. I was talking to a friend the other day and
she has had multiple tests and they picked up that her ovaries were
polycystic, but only recently has someone actually asked the questions to
see if this actually causes her a problem, which it does, and declared that
rather than just having ovaries that happen to be polycystic, that she does
have PCOS. With PCOS you wouldn't get cysts that were too large, more
multiple small cysts. If you're going into to see anyone it's worth asking,
but I wouldn't make a trip specially.

Cheers

Anne