OT Joanna

Old September 17th 06, 02:02 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
april & joanna

Default OT Joanna

Hi Peeps

Well last Wednesday it was confirmed by our parenting assessor that Joanna
would start coming home next month, it was another happy day for me in this
misrable year of mine but it also means that the weeks are going slower
again because I can't wait until next month. We have the assessor coming out
tommorow afternoon to do a house inspection which i'm not too worried about
as we are pretty prepared, we have stair gates fitted although we need at
least one more but I would like to get 2 more. I have a question that I
would like to put towards other parents to help me out a little bit, we have
been asked to come up with some stressful situations as a parent, I have
come up with the following:

Joanna having restlest nights.

Joanna not eating very well.

Sickness this could be Joanna not well or Mummy not well as obviously if i'm
not 100% then this could cause stress for me.

Shopping trips, Joanna may play up causing stress.

I am basically just trying to come up with some because the assessor said
that he would have more concern if we didnt come up with anything so can you
think of any others being parents with your children home then it may be a
little easier. I think I have come up with the obvious but are there any
otheres????

April

Old September 17th 06, 03:04 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Andrea Phillips

april & joanna wrote:
Hi Peeps

I have a question that I
would like to put towards other parents to help me out a little bit, we have
been asked to come up with some stressful situations as a parent, I have
come up with the following:

Baby dumping a liter of soda on your computer... heh.

Baby not listening to you when you say 'no,' and then you've got to
figure out what your next step is.

Baby upset for unknown reasons and you can't stop the crying.

Really, though, most of the stressful situations parents encounter are
very specific and related to more than one thing going on at once. It's
easy to take the baby banging a rattle on the table, but it's another
thing entirely when the baby is banging a rattle on the table and you
have a headache and just had a horrible argument with your husband and
your best friend is in the hospital and you haven't had a chance to sit
down since you woke up that morning.

Best of luck.

Old September 17th 06, 04:30 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"april & joanna" wrote in message
Hi Peeps

Well last Wednesday it was confirmed by our parenting assessor that Joanna
would start coming home next month, it was another happy day for me in
this misrable year of mine but it also means that the weeks are going
slower again because I can't wait until next month. We have the assessor
coming out tommorow afternoon to do a house inspection which i'm not too
worried about as we are pretty prepared, we have stair gates fitted
although we need at least one more but I would like to get 2 more. I have
a question that I would like to put towards other parents to help me out a
little bit, we have been asked to come up with some stressful situations
as a parent, I have come up with the following:

Joanna having restlest nights.

I might put waking at night rather than restless

Joanna not eating very well.

and throwing food

Sickness this could be Joanna not well or Mummy not well as obviously if
i'm not 100% then this could cause stress for me.

and Joanna bumping herself falling over

Shopping trips, Joanna may play up causing stress.

Plus not wanting to go in car seat/buggy/shopping trolley

I am basically just trying to come up with some because the assessor said
that he would have more concern if we didnt come up with anything so can
you
think of any others being parents with your children home then it may be a
little easier. I think I have come up with the obvious but are there any
otheres????

1 Ripping up the paper/post before you've read it (favourite one of #2)

2 Trying to crawl away during nappy changes-and crying when you don't let
her.

3 Pulling books/cds/dvds out of shelves

4 Not wanting teeth brushed

5 Wanting to be held when you've things you need to do (like make her lunch)

I'd also have thoughts on answers you can give, because he may say "what
could you do then".
Debbie

Old September 17th 06, 06:45 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

you'd know far better what to do if you'd actually had her at home with you!

I don't know how to look after a 4 year old, I don't have one, but before I
do, I'll have gone through a year of having a 3 year old, so that should
give me a good starting point and it won't just be any old 3 year old, it
will be the same 3 year old as the 4 year old will be! How can you know what
to do if you don't know the child? For one child not eating very well might
be another child having a huge meal.

In the end you'll just have to produce textbook answers, so for tantrums
when shopping it's ignore them and calmly pick up the child and take them
out of the store. If in doubt say "I'd ask the Health Visitor for advice".
In the end no parent is going to say, I'd spank them until their bottom is
red and they are screaming in remorse, but some parents still do it, all in
all, this asking of questions and answering is a very false situation that
is not really going to get much of a true impression. There is also a hugh
gap between the perfect model parent and the point at which you'd be
concerned about leaving the child in the care of a parent.

Just keep your head screwed on and use your common sense and you'll be fine.

Cheers

Anne

Old September 17th 06, 06:57 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jennifer Massey-Howe

I'm happy that you will be getting your daughter back.

My biggest 2 stresses with my DD is that she will not clean up her messes
when asked and going to bed.

With the cleaning up stuff I have started turning that into a game with her
and my son both

as for going to bed well still haven't figured this one out no matter how
much routine it is.

jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03
Alex 6/4/05

Old September 17th 06, 07:10 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

april & joanna wrote:
Hi Peeps

Well last Wednesday it was confirmed by our parenting assessor that Joanna
would start coming home next month, it was another happy day for me in this
misrable year of mine but it also means that the weeks are going slower
again because I can't wait until next month.

Brilliant news! A month may seem long now but when she's safely home
with you you'll forget it in an instant.

You've had lots of good answers, but I couldn't resist so here's a few
we've had recently:

Going out for a family meal where one member isn't very tolerant of a
14mnth old banging their cup on the table for two seconds before being
told not to. The disapproval is made plain throughout the meal by the
instant whipping up of head at the slightest noice.

The baby not wanting to 'sit quietly' after he has finished his lunch
at said meal - well, because he's an active 14mnth old for goodness
sake. Parents are forced to admit defeat and take baby for a crawl on
the paved and grassed pub garden.

An IL telling me off for teaching ds to stick his toungue out, even
though I didn't, and for Christ's sake he's one, it's amusing, he's too
young to know what it means! When he does I will expain, but for now
he's just exploring noises and his tongue.

Ds not eating the sarnies he's happily eaten for weeks, but will eat
mummy's toast 20 mins later.

Ds learning what 'bed' means and crawling at top speed as far away as
possible and crying when you pick him up to take him to bed. Actually,
the crawling away is quite amusing and he does stop crying once he has
Vampire Cow in hand, but if you'd had a really bad day it could be the
last straw.

It would be nice if they were to ask you for some positive things about
having your baby home - I'm sure you'd need no help with a list there.

Good luck!

Jeni

Old September 17th 06, 08:12 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
april & joanna

Hi Anne

I totally agree and I think I'm just going to go with the common sense
answers that he wants but every parent and every child is complety unique
and different. It's so dumb ass, it really is but at least we nearly home
dry now.

April

Old September 17th 06, 08:15 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
april & joanna

Thanks Jeni, I might just use one or two of those examples and yes I wish
they would ask me the positive things about having her home but then they
would need a fare few hours spare to sit and listen to me rabbit on and on
and on and on and on and on and on, you get the drift.

April

wrote in message
ps.com...