Nursing pads - how many?

Old August 30th 03, 09:57 AM
Elly

Default Nursing pads - how many?

I'm packing my hospital bag, and although it's big, I don't think all the
things I need for a 4-day-hospital stay will fit in there. We do need to
bring a lot of things ourselves to the hospital over here.

The biggest item to go in my hospital bag so far is the box of nursing pads;
the box contains 60 nursing pads, and I don't really think I will need that
many for 4 days.
On the other hand, I don't like the idea of calling DH and telling him to
pack and bring me this and that, I'd like to prepare everything so that in
case I need something extra, I can just tell him (or better yet, leave that
*extra stuff bag* in the car so that it is handy for him) to pick up that
bag and bring it to me.

So what I'd like to do is pack in my hospital bag the number of nursing pads
I might need so that I can have them handy, and put the remaining pads in
the *extra stuff bag* just in case I need more.

I know it's very individual, and so far I haven't been *leaking* any
colostrum (I'm in my 35th week now).

So, how many nursing pads do you think I might need for a 4-day-hospital
stay?

Elly
34 weeks + 5 days
EDD October 6th

Old August 30th 03, 10:50 AM
Kereru

"Elly" wrote in message
[...]

I would say five a day would be on the high side so twenty would be heaps. I
don't even think I used nearly that many. I expect others used more though.
But yeah twenty would have been plenty for me. They take up heaps less room
if you take them out of the box.

Judy

Old August 30th 03, 05:07 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Kereru wrote:

"Elly" wrote in message

So, how many nursing pads do you think I might need for a 4-day-hospital
stay?

I would say five a day would be on the high side so twenty would be heaps. I
don't even think I used nearly that many. I expect others used more though.
But yeah twenty would have been plenty for me. They take up heaps less room
if you take them out of the box.

Not only that, but I never really needed nursing pads
until my milk came in anyway. YMMV, though ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old August 30th 03, 05:19 PM
Brandy Kurtz

"Kereru" wrote in message ...
"Elly" wrote in message
[...]

I agree with Judy, 20 would be tons extra! Escpecially in the first 4 days.

Brandy
Old August 30th 03, 06:02 PM
Andrea

It's really weird I don't need them at all.

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 12 weeks old weighing 16
pounds.

Old August 30th 03, 08:52 PM
Anne Rogers

I haven't used 60 in 3 months! I did use 2 or 3 pairs in the first 4 days
though. I would think you are very unlikely to need them til your milk
comes in (roughly on the third day).

-----------
Anne Rogers

Old August 30th 03, 09:01 PM
Irish Marie

"Elly" wrote in message
snip

So, how many nursing pads do you think I might need for a 4-day-hospital
stay?

I didn't need any until my milk came in on the 3rd day. And then, YMMV, but
I only change pads 3 times a day.

--
Marie
Mum of 3

Old August 30th 03, 10:32 PM
Daye

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:57:59 +0200, "Elly"
wrote:

So, how many nursing pads do you think I might need for a 4-day-hospital
stay?

It will depend on how much you leak. I still have an unopen box of
nursing pads from the first pregnancy. I never, ever, ever leaked.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old August 31st 03, 02:51 AM
little one

Default OT: abbrevation is driving me nuts!! was: Nursing pads - howmany?

was does YMMV mean?? i thought i would be able to figure it out..but
everyone keeps using it and i can't for the life of me figure it
out...thanks.

melanie

Old August 31st 03, 03:39 AM
Taniwha grrrl

You probably won't need any until your milk comes in which
is usually around 3-4 days, so just pack about 6 in a small
bag.
I don't use many anyway as I don't leak (unless I'm
seriously engorged) so I just use washable ones. I have
about 1/2 doxen and so far I've only used 2 (washed and
reused) since having Lydia nearly 6 weeks ago.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.