Edzard Ernst, MD suffering a NON-SPINAL condition...

Old September 27th 03, 09:16 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Edzard Ernst, MD suffering a NON-SPINAL condition...

EDZARD ERNST, MD....

THE POOR FELLOW IS SUFFERING A **NON-SPINAL** CONDITION - pathologic
selective criticism: Edzard criticizes chiropractic spinal manipulators but
ignores medical (MD-obstetrician) spinal manipulators!

It may be that the only way to correct Edzard's non-spinal condition is via
continual non-spinal chiropractic adjusting (education)...See the quote from
the Founder of chiropractic below.

Edzard writes:

"Chiropractic manipulation is...used...in an increasing number of
cases...for NON-SPINAL conditions...[like]...fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel
syndrome, infantile colic, otitis media, dysmenorrhoea and chronic pelvic
pain...Only very few randomised clinical trials of chiropractic manipulation
as a treatment of non-spinal conditions exist. The claim that this approach
is effective for such conditions is not based on data from rigorous clinical
trials."
--Edzard Ernst, MD [N Z Med J. 2003 Aug 8;116(1179):U539. PubMed abstract,
emphasis added.]

OPEN LETTER (archived for global access***)

Edzard Ernst MD PhD FRCP (Edin.)
Complementary Medicine
Peninsula Medical School
Universities of Exeter and Plymouth
25 Victoria Park Road
Exeter EX2 4NT, United Kingdom

Edzard,

You are to be commended for studying the work of minority spinal
manipulators (chiropractic physicians).

But you are still ignoring the *most prolific* spinal manipulators -
GRUESOME spinal manipulators - MD-obstetricians...

Dr. DD Palmer, Founder of chiropractic said: "[T]here are some persons who
are so mentally put up that they will need continual adjusting." (DD, p.
801

Edzard, you are obviously so mentally put up that you will need continual
adjusting...

As I've previously noted for you, MD and MB-obstetricians are senselessly
closing birth canals up to 30%, killing an estimated six babies per day with
vacuum-assisted spinal manipulation alone...

See again: MDs/MBs: If you must pull on baby's head - and sometimes you
must...

I may have forgotten to mention that the American College of Obstetricians
and Gynecologists/ACOG *admits* (in its
shoulder dystocia video) that OBs are routinely closing birth canals (the
video purports to show OBs how to open the birth canal when shoulders get
stuck).

Bizzarely, the ACOG method for opening the birth canal - PROPER McRoberts
maneuver - actually keeps the birth canal closed.

See IMPROPER McRoberts can save tiny lives and tiny limbs...

Edzard, in addition to the mass SPINAL child abuse (closing birth
canals/gruesomely manipulating babies' spines)...

MDs and MBs are committing mass IMMUNOLOGIC child abuse...

See CDC puppet (Wexler's IAC) promotes Exclusion Day
vaccination fraud...

Rest assured, Edzard...

I'll offer my non-spinal adjustments whenever I think your own non-spinal
chiropractic adjustments (your articles) need adjusting.

I hope you'll eventually reciprocate and adjust any subluxations you find in
my non-spinal chiropractic adjustments.

Of course, if you never got my previous emails - or just never read them -
then I must sincerely apologize for suggesting otherwise.

But I suspect I am right - you are suffering from the non-spinal condition
called pathologic selective criticism - mothers and babies be damned.

Please stop suffering - please stop mothers and babies from suffering.

Thanks for reading,

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS Edzard, you mentioned there is no evidence for spinal manipulation for
otitis media...

Miriam V. Mills, MD et al. [2003] recently conducted a study of
"osteopathic" manipulation of children with otitis media...

Mills et al.^^^concluded:

"[O]steopathic manipulative treatment...in children with
recurrent Acute Otitis Media...may prevent or decrease surgical intervention
or
antibiotic overuse."

^^^Miriam V. Mills, MD; Charles E. Henley, DO, MPH; Laura L. B. Barnes, PhD;
Jane E. Carreiro, DO; Brian F. Degenhardt, DO [Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med.
2003;157:861-866.]
http://archpedi.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/157/9/861

Many chiropractic physicians treat children with otitis media with
spinal/cranial techniques similar (if not identical to) techniques employed
by osteopathic physicians.

See Awesome breasts! OBs causing otitis media? (also: 'Osteopathic'
v. 'Chiropractic' manipulation)...

Edzard, regardless whether you find the article by Mills et al. worthy,
hopefully you will help stop MDs and MBs (and DOs) from closing birth
canals.

One last note: As always, I am in favor of pardons in advance for MDs and
MBs (and DOs). They are just academic prime cuts forced through this
culture's most powerful mental meatgrinder - medical school. (Osteopathic
school is now almost identical to medical school - but BRAVO to the
osteopaths for picking up the manipulation ball and running with it - and
testing it!)

Again, thanks for reading,

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

Copied to Mills et al. via Miriam V. Mills, MD

Copied to: ACA Chairman James Edwards, DC at

Copied also to: ACA Member Brian Zaleski, DC at
.

Brian, please copy this to the censored version of chirolist
) and to the ACA and CCA listservs

***This Open Letter will be instantly archived for global access on the
UNcensored version of chirolist...

***This Open Letter will be instantly archived for global access at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-list/message/2182

Within 24 hours it
will be in the google archive. Search
http://groups.google.com for "Edzard Ernst, MD suffering a NON-SPINAL