pregnancy testing questions?

Old September 18th 06, 12:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Bruce and Renae

Default pregnancy testing questions?

Hi everyone I have a few questions about pregnancy testing and i was hoping
someone could shed some light for me.

Will a blood test detect pregnancy at 10DPO?

I had a faint line using First responce (the sensitive one), has anyone had
that and gone onto have a positve result?

cheers

Old September 18th 06, 01:29 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka Kammerer

Bruce and Renae wrote:
Hi everyone I have a few questions about pregnancy testing and i was hoping
someone could shed some light for me.

Will a blood test detect pregnancy at 10DPO?

I had a faint line using First responce (the sensitive one), has anyone had
that and gone onto have a positve result?

No need to get a blood test. If you got a line,
faint or not, you're pregnant. If a blood test were to
come up negative, then it would be a false negative or
you would have had a very early miscarriage between the
home test and the blood test. False positives are very
rare. Why get poked and pay for a blood test that won't
add any information? If you're really feeling uncertain,
do another home test. The odds of two false positives
are overwhelmingly small. I've never even had a blood
test for pregnancy--all three of my babes showed up just
fine after positive HPTs ;-)

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old September 18th 06, 03:34 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Clair Crooks

Hi
I would say the same as Ericka, any line no matter how faint is a positive
and you are pregnant. If you are uncertain, wait a few days and retest, the
line should appear stronger.
Congratulations
Clair

Old September 18th 06, 08:15 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
V.

"Bruce and Renae" wrote in message
Hi everyone I have a few questions about pregnancy testing and i was
hoping
someone could shed some light for me.

Will a blood test detect pregnancy at 10DPO?

I had a faint line using First responce (the sensitive one), has anyone
had
that and gone onto have a positve result?

cheers

Seconded what Ericka and Clair said. A blood test at 10dpo would be
positive if there is enough HCG to make a urine test positive. What a blood
test will tell you is the quantity of HCG in your blood, which can have
implications on the viability of the pregnancy, dating etc, if performed
over a period of time. A urine test just looks for if there is HCG over a
certain level. If it's positive, you have HCG, and it's almost certainly
caused by pregnancy. Remember that at 10dpo, the risk of early miscarriage
could be as high as 50% (although having enough HCG to trigger a urine test
probably improves those odds). Only time will tell, but if you are among
the "need-to-know-NOW" crowd like I am you could request a blood HCG now and
again in a few days to determine if the HCG is rising as it should.

Good luck!
Amy

Old September 18th 06, 10:26 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Bruce and Renae

Hi thanks heaps for that. I had a blood test yesterday, I had to have one
anyways to check my thyroid so the Dr checked for HCG as well. So I should
find out by wednesday I think..

thanks again.
Renae

Old September 18th 06, 10:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

I had a faint line a few years ago...I was SOOO excited!!! I went to a
clinic the following day just to be sure because the line was faint,
and they confirmed it was a false positive, I wasnt pregnant Im sure
the chances of a false positive are slim to none, but the chance is
there. Im now 37 weeks pregnant tho