Just a few Toddler + Baby questions

Old May 16th 04, 08:20 PM
toto

Default Just a few Toddler + Baby questions

On Sun, 16 May 2004 13:44:35 -0500, "Nikki" wrote:

I never read him any books because I didn't find one
that didn't have the premise of big brother hating the
new baby.

For anyone who does need a good book about being
the big brother or sister, try Joanna Cole's books
She has one called "I'm a Big Sister" and another
called "I'm a Big Brother." Neither of them has any
premise about the big's feelings.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old May 16th 04, 08:30 PM
toto

On Sun, 16 May 2004 13:54:15 -0500, "Tori M."
wrote:

I would never give my child drugs to stop her from doing a
normal toddler behavior.

Ignore Fair For All. He's a troll from the soc.men's group.

I think the next step is to not let her get in my lap if she
knocks the cat out of it. The hand spank isn't working.

Several things you can do for your dd and the cat he

First, when she tries to touch the cat in your lap, take her
hand and say *we use gentle hands with people and animals*
and show her how to use gentle hands to pet.

Second, when she does knock the cat out of your lap,
refuse to allow her to get up on your lap. Say *It's
kitty's turn to sit on my lap right now.*

For most children under three, the fact that the cat is alive
and a stuffed animal isn't is simply not something they
understand.

Have her help with putting out the cat's food and water.
You can premeasure the dry food and let her put it in
the bowl. You can give her a plastic water bottle to pour
the water from.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old May 16th 04, 08:52 PM
Tori M.

Thank you! I was confused by Fair for all since I could not think of why a
mother would want to put a 2 year old on medication for hyperactivity. I
have been trying to show her how to pat nice. and I think it may be paying
off a little. My mom said it will not be as much of an issue with #2 and
the cat since it will have always been there so I am hoping!

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

Old May 16th 04, 09:33 PM
Sophie

"toto" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 May 2004 13:44:35 -0500, "Nikki" wrote:

I never read him any books because I didn't find one
that didn't have the premise of big brother hating the
new baby.

For anyone who does need a good book about being
the big brother or sister, try Joanna Cole's books
She has one called "I'm a Big Sister" and another
called "I'm a Big Brother." Neither of them has any
premise about the big's feelings.

--
Dorothy

I liked those books but I gather people here don't cos they show a crib and
a bottle. shrug

Old May 16th 04, 09:34 PM
Sophie

"Tori M." wrote in message
Right now I can not
even hold the cat while she is awake because she will pull the cat off

me
and climb onto my lap instead.

Well I would never have let her do that. That's not nice.

We are working on this since I HATE it when people are rough with

animals.

Tori

It's not the being rough with animals part I don't like (although I don't)
it's the fact that she has to wait while you pet the cat. When *you* are
done, you put the cat down, *then* pick your daughter up. Patience.

Old May 16th 04, 09:54 PM
P. Tierney

On Sun, 16 May 2004 16:33:26 -0400, "Sophie"
wrote:

"toto" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 16 May 2004 13:44:35 -0500, "Nikki" wrote:

I never read him any books because I didn't find one
that didn't have the premise of big brother hating the
new baby.

For anyone who does need a good book about being
the big brother or sister, try Joanna Cole's books
She has one called "I'm a Big Sister" and another
called "I'm a Big Brother." Neither of them has any
premise about the big's feelings.

--
Dorothy

I liked those books but I gather people here don't cos they show a crib and
a bottle. shrug

I like them too, despite not using a crib or a bottle for
my child. People here, generally, aren't as closed-minded as you
seem to think.

P. Tierney

Old May 16th 04, 10:13 PM
Sophie

I liked those books but I gather people here don't cos they show a crib
and
a bottle. shrug

I like them too, despite not using a crib or a bottle for
my child. People here, generally, aren't as closed-minded as you
seem to think.

P. Tierney

When I've suggested that book here and at MKP I basically get told they're
evil. Lol.

Whatever, I still think you're weird about dirt

Old May 16th 04, 10:28 PM
P. Tierney

On Sun, 16 May 2004 17:13:11 -0400, "Sophie"
wrote:

I liked those books but I gather people here don't cos they show a crib

and
a bottle. shrug

I like them too, despite not using a crib or a bottle for
my child. People here, generally, aren't as closed-minded as you
seem to think.

When I've suggested that book here and at MKP I basically get told they're
evil. Lol.

I missed those threads. Either way, loads of books have
pictures of cribs and bottles. This or that person might get worked
up about a picture of a crib, but if, say, even three have, and stated
so specifically on this newsgroup, I'd be surprised. Believe it when
I read it, IOW.

Whatever, I still think you're weird about dirt

I have no problem with dirt, which I why I still think that
you never comprehended what I wrote in that thread.

P. Tierney
Old May 17th 04, 04:28 AM
Nikki

toto wrote:
On Sun, 16 May 2004 13:44:35 -0500, "Nikki" wrote:

I never read him any books because I didn't find one
that didn't have the premise of big brother hating the
new baby.

For anyone who does need a good book about being
the big brother or sister, try Joanna Cole's books
She has one called "I'm a Big Sister" and another
called "I'm a Big Brother." Neither of them has any
premise about the big's feelings.

So they do exist!! Well shoot, three years to late, lol.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (5) and Luke (3)

Old May 18th 04, 03:48 AM
toto

On Sun, 16 May 2004 16:33:26 -0400, "Sophie"
wrote:

"toto" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 16 May 2004 13:44:35 -0500, "Nikki" wrote:

I never read him any books because I didn't find one
that didn't have the premise of big brother hating the
new baby.

For anyone who does need a good book about being
the big brother or sister, try Joanna Cole's books
She has one called "I'm a Big Sister" and another
called "I'm a Big Brother." Neither of them has any
premise about the big's feelings.

--
Dorothy

I liked those books but I gather people here don't cos they show a crib and
a bottle. shrug

It's pretty hard to find books that show breastfeeding. I can
understand not wanting to show a bottle, but they are good
for the *big sister and big brother* idea. Maybe you can read
them and edit them.. g

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits