Child monitors are better than harnesses

Old May 18th 04, 09:05 PM
biffou

Default Child monitors are better than harnesses

There are several products to keep a tab on your child so they don't get
lost. Some are GPS or cell tower based but I would hardly rely on anything
that is cell tower based to find my kid. How often have we had a dropped
call or a "faded signal"? That is not what you want when you want to find
a child. GPS is OK but what happens when you are inside a building? GPS
is for finding the building but there is no way it can tell you if your
child is on the 23rd or 43rd floor. And how will the satellite signals
get through the roof of a shopping mall?

I have seen some radio frequency products that seem to work real well. The
best known one is from a company called Bluespan. They are located in
Texas and have a product called ionKids. The web site is www.ion-kids.com.
Unlike some of the GPS and Cell Tower products, their product doesn't
have any monthly or annual fees and literally works anywhere in the world.
On top of that, it can monitor 4 kids at one time. I spoke with a
company exec a week or so ago and he said the product is simply great for
children with Autism or Down Syndrome as well as "normal" children. So if
you want some way to keep tabs on your child without a harness and monthly
fees, you may want to check out their product.

Old May 19th 04, 03:07 AM
user

Default Child monitors are better than harnesses, but won't make stupid salesmen any smarter.

On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:05:46 -0400, biffou wrote:

( Astoundingly poorly disguised attempt at a "testimonial" deleted. )

Robert, let me offer a word of advice: If you're so ASTOUNDINGLY stupid
that you post a fake testimonial from bwb-ranch.com, trying to
get people to buy a product from another site, and they
both have EXACTLY the same WHOIS record, registered to you,
showing just how much of a liar you are, well, you deserve all of
the ridicule that the net can dish out.

-----
bwb-ranch.com

Registrant:
Bluespan (BWB-RANCH-DOM)
PO BOX 666
SPICEWOOD, TX 78669-0666
US

Domain Name: BWB-RANCH.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Frank, Robert (HBQNROWQRI)
P.O. Box 666
Spicewood, TX 78669-0666
US
(830) 693-0906 fax: 999 999 9999
----------

Old May 19th 04, 03:32 PM
Welches

user wrote in message
On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:05:46 -0400, biffou wrote:

( Astoundingly poorly disguised attempt at a "testimonial" deleted. )

Robert, let me offer a word of advice: If you're so ASTOUNDINGLY stupid
that you post a fake testimonial from bwb-ranch.com, trying to
get people to buy a product from another site, and they
both have EXACTLY the same WHOIS record, registered to you,
showing just how much of a liar you are, well, you deserve all of
the ridicule that the net can dish out.

-----

Depends anyway. A monitor won't stop your 18 month running into the road.
Debbie

Old May 19th 04, 11:33 PM
H Schinske

Depends anyway. A monitor won't stop your 18 month running into the road.
Debbie

Yeah, but you'll sure be able to find which car s/he's under. Such a benefit.

--Helen