My sister

Old January 13th 07, 09:56 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
April

Default My sister

Hi

Well my sister had her baby. He wasnt due until March but there were issues,
she went in for a scan on Thursday and the doctor said there was something
not right with the baby and he was going to keep her in and give her them
injections to help babies lungs or whatever and deliver Saturday. She has a
fetal heart monitoring done Friday morning and baby was in distress so she
had an emergency section and little Cory was born. He only weighed in at 2lb
9oz so he's currently in special care baby unit and he's on a feeding drip
and something to help him breath but apprantly he's doing good. I texted my
sister today and she also seems in good spirits.

April

Old January 13th 07, 10:42 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lucy-lu

"April" wrote in message
Hi

Well my sister had her baby. He wasnt due until March but there were
issues,
she went in for a scan on Thursday and the doctor said there was something
not right with the baby and he was going to keep her in and give her them
injections to help babies lungs or whatever and deliver Saturday. She has
fetal heart monitoring done Friday morning and baby was in distress so she
had an emergency section and little Cory was born. He only weighed in at
2lb
9oz so he's currently in special care baby unit and he's on a feeding drip
and something to help him breath but apprantly he's doing good. I texted
my
sister today and she also seems in good spirits.

April

Congratulations to your sister, April! I hope Corey does well! 2lb 9oz is
tiny, but a good weight for so early.

Lucy x

Old January 14th 07, 05:48 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Liz

"April" wrote in message
Hi

Well my sister had her baby. He wasnt due until March but there were
issues,
she went in for a scan on Thursday and the doctor said there was something
not right with the baby and he was going to keep her in and give her them
injections to help babies lungs or whatever and deliver Saturday. She has
fetal heart monitoring done Friday morning and baby was in distress so she
had an emergency section and little Cory was born. He only weighed in at
2lb
9oz so he's currently in special care baby unit and he's on a feeding drip
and something to help him breath but apprantly he's doing good. I texted
my
sister today and she also seems in good spirits.

April

All the best to your sister and little Cory, April. I hope he continues to
do well. Hope things are going well with you and Joanna too.

Liz

Old January 14th 07, 10:57 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
April

"Liz" wrote in message
"April" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Liz

Thank you, Joanna is doing great and i'm settling into full time motherhood
pretty well. It can be tough sometimes but thats only due to my husband
having a bad back, he injured it last year and is waiting an MRI scan but he
is in pain every day and this makes him pretty unhappy and moany most days
which is a stress for us both, him because he's in so much pain and me
because I feel useless I can't do anything for him and fed up with the moans
and groans. I just wish and hope that MRI scan hurries up and we can find
out whats wrong and what they can do for him if anything. I spoke to my
sister brifly yesterday via a text message and she seems in good spirits and
my dad made a visit to her and little Cory yesterday and both are apparantly
doing well but i'll keep everyone posted.

April

Old January 14th 07, 10:52 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"April" wrote in message

"Liz" wrote in message
"April" wrote in message
Hi

Well my sister had her baby. He wasnt due until March but there were
issues,
she went in for a scan on Thursday and the doctor said there was

something
not right with the baby and he was going to keep her in and give her

them
injections to help babies lungs or whatever and deliver Saturday. She

has

snip

Congratualtions to her! Hope all goes well for her and the baby.

[...]

If you can get there, then see if you can use the scanner at the University
of Leeds. My mum recently had to have a scan on her back and it was like 6
months+ at the local hospital or if she was prepared to go to Leeds it was
certainly within a month. It still was NHS paid, so it wasn't private. It's
within reasonable access to one of the Liverpool rail stations too. Ask his
consultant if it's a possibility.
Debbie

Old January 14th 07, 11:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

If you can get there, then see if you can use the scanner at the
University of Leeds. My mum recently had to have a scan on her back and it
was like 6 months+ at the local hospital or if she was prepared to go to
Leeds it was certainly within a month. It still was NHS paid, so it wasn't
private. It's within reasonable access to one of the Liverpool rail
stations too. Ask his consultant if it's a possibility.

Even if you do get a scan faster, I would hold out all that much hope, I
don't want to sound cynical, but the reality is with back problems that only
a tiny number will actually show something useful on MRI scans or other
tests and those that do show problems will have often had prior clues from
blood results. Then, even if you do fall into the category where something
shows on the MRI scan, few of the problems have miracle cures :-(.

Anne

Old January 15th 07, 12:44 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
If you can get there, then see if you can use the scanner at the
University of Leeds. My mum recently had to have a scan on her back and
it was like 6 months+ at the local hospital or if she was prepared to go
to Leeds it was certainly within a month. It still was NHS paid, so it
wasn't private. It's within reasonable access to one of the Liverpool
rail stations too. Ask his consultant if it's a possibility.

Even if you do get a scan faster, I would hold out all that much hope, I
don't want to sound cynical, but the reality is with back problems that
only a tiny number will actually show something useful on MRI scans or
other tests and those that do show problems will have often had prior
clues from blood results. Then, even if you do fall into the category
where something shows on the MRI scan, few of the problems have miracle
cures :-(.

Mum was told she has a vertebrae half out of position and it's touch or go
whether she needs surgery :-(
which is sort of nice knowing what it is, but as the pain was going, she was
hoping that they'd say "not much, will get better in time".
Debbie

Old January 17th 07, 11:07 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Designer

Hi April;

Congratulation to you, your sister and of course baby Cory. Feb 2006, I
gave birth at 29 weeks to a 2lb 14oz baby boy, who is spent 80 days in
NICU. I am here to tell you he is doing fantastic, he is catching up.
He at 50 percentile of his corrected age (8mths) and doing great! You
and your sis hang in there, stay positive and Cory will do just great.
Premies are fighters! If at any time you or your sis need any support,
please don't hesitate to contact me

rae