Boy Scout Week Salute -- Scouts teaches young people leadership andwisdom

Old February 8th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa, misc.kids, alt.parenting.solutions,misc.education
Fred Goodwin, CMA

Default Boy Scout Week Salute -- Scouts teaches young people leadership andwisdom

Boy Scout Week Salute: Scouts teaches young people leadership and
wisdom

http://westlibertyindex.com/article.php?viewID=1396

by Tom Norris · February 06, 2008

With Boy Scout Week upon us, I thought I'd do away with the usual
facts-n-figures and talk straight about the organization.

Some will read this and think, "That's nice, but who cares?" One youth
club is as good as the next; it doesn't really matter. But at what
point do the things we do start to matter? I suspect this is
determined by the degree to which it influences our life.

After 14 years in the service, most of that as a light infantry
officer, I feel qualified to offer a professional opinion on
leadership, something I believe laymen see as an arbitrary skill: You
either get it or you don't, but if you don't, oh well; it's not
necessary to be happy - an assumption that couldn't be more wrong.

Often left as a tangential effect, few youth organizations have
leadership at their core. The Civil Air Patrol and Junior ROTC do, but
that goes to reason. However, like baseball and soccer, they're
limited in what they offer, unlike the Boy Scouts. Think of it like a
computer or driver's license: What can you do with it? I dunno. What
do you want to do with it? In football, you're limited to playing a
game and perhaps learning something of teamwork (a result of
leadership, but how often do they study that at practice?). In
scouting, the possibilities are designed to be limitless.

Some parents tell me it doesn't matter if their son is in scouting.
And I agree - it's no guarantee of success. (Statistics hint
otherwise.) But then they extend this to say, if it doesn't matter,
why bother? You don't need a driver's license, either, but life is
simpler with one. And you don't need good grades to have a happy life
and satisfying career. On the other hand, these help in a large way.
Leadership is no exception.

--
Tom Norris, Scoutmaster

[excerpted]
Old February 11th 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa, misc.kids, alt.parenting.solutions,misc.education
Pubkeybreaker[_2_]

On Feb 8, 1:44*pm, "Fred Goodwin, CMA" wrote:
Boy Scout Week Salute: Scouts teaches young people leadership and
wisdom

I would say, to the contrary, that it teaches them bigotry,
intolerance, and
hatred towards gays.

Old February 11th 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa, misc.kids, alt.parenting.solutions,misc.education
Beliavsky

On Feb 11, 8:00*am, Pubkeybreaker wrote:
On Feb 8, 1:44*pm, "Fred Goodwin, CMA" wrote:

Boy Scout Week Salute: Scouts teaches young people leadership and
wisdom

I would say, to the contrary, that it teaches them bigotry,
intolerance, and
*hatred towards gays.

The "lifestyle" of many male homosexuals is a form of slow-motion
suicide, and I am glad that there are still some organizations that
stand against it.

New H.I.V. Cases Drop but Rise in Young Gay Men
New York Times, January 2, 2008
by Sarah Kershaw
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/02/nyregion/02hiv.html
Old February 23rd 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,misc.education
[email protected]

On Feb 11, 7:00*am, Pubkeybreaker wrote:
On Feb 8, 1:44*pm, "Fred Goodwin, CMA" wrote:

Boy Scout Week Salute: Scouts teaches young people leadership and
wisdom

I would say, to the contrary, that it teaches them bigotry,
intolerance, and
*hatred towards gays.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Not once have I
ever heard
anyone in my troop or at the local level make any sort of derogatory
remarks
about gays. In fact, the young men in MY troop are quite liberal, in
these
terms, as are the adults who volunteer with it.

You'd be rather surprised at just how open-minded and liberal many of
the
scouts and adults are in this organization.

In MY troop, I don't care if a kid is gay. None of my business. I'm
only
concerned with preparing them for what lie ahead in their life. And
that, I'm sorry to say, includes ensuring they don't turn out like you
-
to wit, stupid.

Isn't it interesting how YOU epitomize bigotry, yet decry it in the
same
breath. Kettle, meet Pot.

Idiot.
Old February 24th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.scouting.usa,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,misc.education
[email protected]

On Feb 23, 1:04*pm, "R. Steve Walz" wrote:
The BSA officially says it doesn't want gay kids as members!! What
kind of two-by-four do we have to hit you with to make you pay ****ing
attention???!!
Steve- Hide quoted text -

Oh look, yet another yammering moron who doesn't know what he's
talking about.

The official policy is NOT TO ASK.

And on that note, how can a sane, rational person look a child in the
eye and say no, simply because they took someone to prom you don't
approve of? Why stop there? Let's just say no Jews, Mexicans, cripples
or the mentally ill, and toss in the Mormons for good measure.

How utterly immoral do you have to be to tell a child, who just wants
to have fun and play and enjoy life while they can; how can you
possibly look them in the face and say no, we don't like your kind?

Yes, that's perfectly inline with Jesus saying, "Suffer not the little
children to come unto me."

Dumbass.

And, you'll note, he didn't say, "Except for the queer kids. Keep them
behind the fence."

God almighty, you're a horse's ass. You and that other dip****
Pubkeybreaker. It's selfish, immoral pricks like you two that make
life difficult for these kids. I mean, these are just children. Can't
you even wait until they're at least 18 to **** with them then?
Old February 24th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.scouting.issues,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,misc.education
Stan

Redirecting to rec.scouting.issues, where this belongs-

----------------------------
The BSA officially says it doesn't want gay kids as members!! What
kind of two-by-four do we have to hit you with to make you pay *******
attention???!!
Steve

As I understand the BSA's Code of Conduct, eligibility for membership
is based on what a person DOES and not what a person "is". CHOOSING
to seek a same-sex partner, and not the inner "desire", is what makes
a person ineligible.

The reason this is an "issue" is that homosexuals claim that their
desire is as "normal" as the facial characteristics that indicate
one's continent of ancestry, while others, including me, feel that
it's as natural, and just as perverse, as a desire to for a close
relative, multiple partners, or children (i.e., "natural" does not
equal "normal"); in other words, desires that people should just use
their God-given brains to surpress.

Old February 27th 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.scouting.issues,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,misc.education
R. Steve Walz

Default Boy Scout Week Salute -- Scouts teaches young people hatred and homophobia

wrote:

The BSA officially says it doesn't want gay kids as members!! What
kind of two-by-four do we have to hit you with to make you pay *******
attention???!!
Steve

As I understand the BSA's Code of Conduct, eligibility for membership
is based on what a person DOES and not what a person "is". CHOOSING
to seek a same-sex partner, and not the inner "desire", is what makes
a person ineligible.

------------------------------
Garbage. That means the same thing. If you seek to deny people their
sexual attraction, you have become inhumane and abusive, no question.
And this makes you a criminal homophobe.

The reason this is an "issue" is that homosexuals claim that their
desire is as "normal" as the facial characteristics that indicate
one's continent of ancestry,

--------------------------------
They can no more change that feature of themselves than you can make
yourself gay. Consider that. It is no more of a "choice" than your
heterosexuality. You'd like to think you control yourself, but you
couldn't change your sexuality if you want to, you're a victim of it.

while others, including me, feel that
it's as natural, and just as perverse, as a desire to for a close
relative, multiple partners, or children

------------------------------
Nor can anyone change those attractions.

(i.e., "natural" does not
equal "normal"); in other words, desires that people should just use
their God-given brains to surpress.

--------------------------------
Natural *IS* normal. All you're promoting is cultural fascism.

And that's because your entire sexual brainwashing is immature and
backward.

There's nothing whatsoever wrong with any of those attractions.
They have all represented mainstream human culture at one time or
another. Your oppressive kind need to be forcibly deprogrammed.
Steve
Old February 28th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.scouting.issues,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,misc.education
R. Steve Walz

Brandon D Cartwright wrote:

wrote:

[...]

There is a lot wrong with incestors and child molesters..

------------------------
Incestors? No, not consensual ones. And as for molesters, you're right
if you mean non-consensual sexual approach of children, and wrong if
you mean that consensual approach is wrong.

If your criminal insanity were ever successfully treated
you would realize it..

--------------------------
You're psychologically deformed and have no business promoting your
opinion as fact, trying to use your flawed concepts of psychology
to promote your distorted superstitious notions.

They have all represented mainstream human culture at one time or
another. Your oppressive kind need to be forcibly deprogrammed.
Steve

All decent folk are to be murdered and there children handed over to
pedophiles..

---------------------------
No, only distorted **** like you!

Haven't you got any new material?
--
Nonsense, nine year olds love sex and have a great time.
Sex is just the kind of thing nine year-olds love

Misquoting me by leaving out the rest of the sentence again, eh??
Coward!
Steve
Old March 18th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.scouting.issues,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,misc.education
[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

their God-given brains to surpress.- Hide quoted text -

My Morkie should be in scouting. He's just wonderful with young boys!