Free Parenting Software - Save time for single parents

Old December 22nd 03, 07:13 PM
Leland

Default Free Parenting Software - Save time for single parents

Please come and try this new software that could improve your family life.
Eliminates arguing and punishment. With EasyChild you setup a structured
system for managing children's behavior with earned privileges. Works on
paper, just check it off, and enter once per week.

www.easychild.com

Old December 22nd 03, 10:03 PM
Eric Williams

Leland wrote:
Please come and try this new software that could improve your family life.
Eliminates arguing and punishment. With EasyChild you setup a structured
system for managing children's behavior with earned privileges. Works on
paper, just check it off, and enter once per week.

www.easychild.com

This website looks absolutely horrid, you should revise it to at least
look a little more professional, or at the very least more readable.

Google for "free website templates"...they are out there, and easy to
adapt to whatever need you may have.

....just a suggestion.

EW

Old December 22nd 03, 11:31 PM
caroline godfrey

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:13:54 -0800, "Leland"
Please come and try this new software that could improve your family

life.
Eliminates arguing and punishment. With EasyChild you setup a structured
system for managing children's behavior with earned privileges. Works on
paper, just check it off, and enter once per week.

www.easychild.com

As a psych major soon to enter grad school, I was interested in looking
at your product, however, I found the following claims unattributed (i e
not based on scientific studies of children's behavior or plagiarized
theories without giving credit).

A few that I spotted:

it is human nature for the best kids to be selfish and lazy

On a sub-conscious level, the child has learned that arguing has gotten
them what they wanted in the past and they perceive there is nothing to
lose.
(not to mention poor grammar - a child needs a singular pronoun)

Sometimes children use arguing with their parents or siblings as a form
of attention seeking behavior. When children are not receiving enough
positive attention, they will use negative attention to fill their need
for love.

Stress and Anxiety become ever present feelings that can lead to further
negative behaviors like name calling, fighting, cursing, and poor school
performance.

Additionally, the sections labeled "Awards, Testimonials, Endorsements,
etc..." do not link to anything like the labels.

What are your qualifications?

'Kate

Kate I totally agree with you. I am going into my second year of Bachelor
of Education Early Childhood and have two kids of my own and I can even see
that this website is not on the nose about things. I wonder if they
actually have children, or even been around children on a regular basis

Caroline

Old December 22nd 03, 11:59 PM
caroline godfrey

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:31:14 +1000, "caroline godfrey"

Kate I totally agree with you. I am going into my second year of

Bachelor
of Education Early Childhood and have two kids of my own and I can even

see
that this website is not on the nose about things. I wonder if they
actually have children, or even been around children on a regular basis

Caroline

Oh good! Another stressed out student/parent/mother etc...
It is loney tunes time here around the end of the term, finals, papers
due.... :-)

I wish I could endorse the program. I think it's awfully nice that it's
free. It may very well be based on valid information. The thing is, we
have no way of knowing that without seeing credits of some sort. He is
making use of someone else's work without giving due credit. It's
intellectual theft.

'Kate

You poor thing having to deal with papers and finals now, so close to
Christmas. We finished up for the year at the end of October and had exams
in the first 2 weeks of November. Don't have to go back now until March
1st. Yay for me!!!!! In the past year we have been doing a lot in regards
to Psychology and Children and I can't see any credit at all in what this
site has to say. If any of this has come from valid research I would
question the research. Every child is different and should be treated as
such. What works with one will not necessarily work with another, isn't
that just common sense. What this site is saying may actually be true for
some children, but for the majority of children out there it's not. I think
they need to go and read Developmental Psychology by Shaffer, then they may
have a better idea

Caroline

Old December 23rd 03, 03:46 AM
Leland

Dear Parents,

The software was used with my own child who was declared SED and bi-polar,
but was merely ADHD. The system was used to help me manage his behavior at
home when I took him as a single dad. It is based on principals used at the
residential treatment center were he was sent by 'Qualified' doctors and his
mother. The system is being reviewed at UCLA and UCSD to be used in clinical
settings. It is simply a structured approach to everyday parenting that
every child now using is performing better.

The system is only as good as the parents. The behaviors are completely
customizable to your own situation and special child needs.

I don't understand why anyone would go out of there way to put down
something that they do not understand. I created this software to help
others, soon it will have all the credentials you need. If you want to rip
apart something over some marketing copy, I hope you treat your children
with more respect.

Leland Ancier

Old December 23rd 03, 03:59 AM
Eric Williams

Leland Ancier wrote:

The site is in beta. Why would you be so rude?

I was not being rude, I was making an honest observation. The site looks
like it was designed by a 10 year old. No screen shots, the links are
way off, and the fonts are horrible.

This is an observation intended to help, if you can't handle a little
criticism, then your product/advertising will never get any better.

The software was used with my own child who was declared SED and
bi-polar, but was merely ADHD.

ADHD is a myth, but I'm not going to get into that now.

snipped

The system is only as good as the parents. The behaviors are
completely customizable to your own situation and special child needs.

I was making an observation on your site, not your software.

I don't understand why anyone would go out of there way to put down
something that they do not understand.

I was trying to help, take it as such.

I hope you treat your children with more respect.

How I treat my children is my business, not some psycho-babble nut job
from the internet who has difficulty handling a little criticism of his
(yes, I'll say it again) horrid web site.

I don't care about your SW, but you COULD do a much better job of
marketing it...and I would also suggest you grow some thicker skin,
especially if you post in USENET.

Regards,

Eric W.

Old December 24th 03, 08:40 PM
Kelly

Looks like this person just got started and only registered the site
for 1 year.

Domain Name: EASYCHILD.COM
Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
Referral URL: http://www.melbourneit.com
Name Server: NS19A.NAMESERVERS.NET
Name Server: NS19B.NAMESERVERS.NET
Updated Date: 17-nov-2003
Creation Date: 17-nov-2003
Expiration Date: 17-nov-2004

Old February 16th 05, 11:01 PM
jamey jamey is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leland
Please come and try this new software that could improve your family life.
Eliminates arguing and punishment. With EasyChild you setup a structured
system for managing children's behavior with earned privileges. Works on
paper, just check it off, and enter once per week.

www.easychild.com
I looked at the website and liked the ideas it contained, but I did not find the needed software available "free"-It cost a whopping 50-100 bucks depending on what version you needed.
I would really like to try this but with 3 girls by myself that kind of money for "another try" is way out of my league....Jamey.
Old February 18th 05, 01:35 AM
BryStew

Sorry i haven't had much free time as i'm sue is common for all. I
need some of you to try out a software package i created. It is now and
will always be free. The thing is, i really need more eayes and ears
than just mine. You all mightpick up on something i don't. I want to
make sure it works properly, is helpful and could use your input and
suggestions. you may reply with your questions and observations via
this board, however i will be able to get them easier if you send them
to my school address. .

Thanks for your help guys

Bryan

Old March 6th 05, 08:41 PM
TeachingSuccess TeachingSuccess is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamey
I looked at the website and liked the ideas it contained, but I did not find the needed software available "free"-It cost a whopping 50-100 bucks depending on what version you needed.
I would really like to try this but with 3 girls by myself that kind of money for "another try" is way out of my league....Jamey.
After searching the web for information, reading all of the comments on this message board, and thoroughly viewing the web site; I have just ordered the EasyChild Deluxe software. I found the web site easy to maneuver and very informative. I recognize that this software isn’t going to “fix” my child’s behavior, however I am a believer in structure and appreciate anything that helps keep my responses consistent. I am someone that uses the computer to manage all of my responsibilities in my home. Homeschool Easy Records has been a wonderful tool for recording and validating our academics, just as Quicken tracks our finances. I am hopeful that EasyChild will provide the same opportunity for setting behavior guidelines and monitoring the outcome. I will follow up with my personal experience with EasyChild after using it for a time.