Update...

Old February 11th 09, 11:23 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

Default Update...

Ok, it's 3:06am here by my clock... I went to bed tonight maybe 12:30am or
so...
I was sitting on the computer a little too long talking with a friend before
I got around to finishing the dishes up and going to bed, but I was feeling
that slight cramping most of the later evening. Nothing spectacular,
however.
When I went to bed, it was still there.
I think I tossed and turned most of the time while in bed...
Now here I am, at 3-something in the morning. I got up out of bed when I
realized I was not going to sleep. I feel it's gotten a fair bit worse, and
it reminds me very much of when I went into labor with DDs...
I remember with the girls, I had actual contractions that were very
strange... About 3 in a row, within about 10-15 mins total time from the
first one to the 3d one. Then for about 10-15 minutes, nothing. Then
repeat.
I've been sitting here where I can actually see a clock and kind of keep
track and it's a similar pattern. I've noticed there was one that started
at 3:04am, lasted to the count of about 40, then done, second one at 3:08am,
lasted about 35 seconds then done. And that brings me up to current time
right now.

I was not able to sleep
And now 3:13am lasting about 40 seconds again.

I'm wondering if something is maybe happening at this point. I'm kinda
hoping so, but also kind of thinking that this is a VERY inconvenient time
of the morning LOL

I'm thinking I should maybe call my mom... She does have to travel from
across the city, which takes maybe 10-15mins or so (it takes me about 20
mins to get to their house on any given afternoon with normal daily traffic)
3:16 and about 40 again
But... I'd hate to call my mom at an hour like this for it to be a false
alarm... ESPECIALLY at an hour like this... LOL She might not be a very
happy camper if I called her at 3-whatever in the AM, she gets up and comes
all the way here to stay with the kids and it turns out to be I'm losing my
mind and she goes home at whatever hour and needs to work in the morning if
it's a false alarm LOL
I think I'm going to try and hold out for as long as possible... If this
continues, I can't imagine sleeping. I'm thinking that a hot shower might
be nice, though... or so it sounds right about now. If I can hold off until
a "normal" morning hour - even around 6am would be fine as I know my mom is
normally getting up and about shortly after 6 anyways, then that would be a
lot more convenient.
I'm still able to check the time and count through anything, and I am
counting kind of out loud to myself.
320 and 40 again...

I'm wondering if I shouldn't call and go in... Especially now that since
I've been typing and randomly throwing in times, I can actually keep track
and see. It now seems to be more often.

I dunno... Maybe sending labor vibes has worked LOL If it has, I thank you
all very much, but did it have to be such a rotten time at 3am?? Maybe the
time zone issue kind of messed me up, but still LOL
I'll have to wait it out and see.

Old February 11th 09, 12:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Kat" wrote in message
[...]

Labour vibes... labour vibes... labour vibes...
Good luck!
Debbie

Old February 11th 09, 01:32 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Kat wrote:
snip
I dunno... Maybe sending labor vibes has worked LOL If it has, I thank you
all very much, but did it have to be such a rotten time at 3am?? Maybe the
time zone issue kind of messed me up, but still LOL
I'll have to wait it out and see.

Well, 3 am is a great time for labor in my mind! Both my births started
around 3 am. You get to have a baby and then breakfast in bed :-P

*labor vibes* *lots of labor vibes*

Also, call your doula, see what she thinks!

cu
nicole
Old February 11th 09, 03:09 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"NL" wrote in message
Kat wrote:
snip
I dunno... Maybe sending labor vibes has worked LOL If it has, I thank
you
all very much, but did it have to be such a rotten time at 3am?? Maybe
the
time zone issue kind of messed me up, but still LOL
I'll have to wait it out and see.

Well, 3 am is a great time for labor in my mind! Both my births started
around 3 am. You get to have a baby and then breakfast in bed :-P

Well with #1 I started at 1am on Thursday... and I suppose she came out in
time to have breakfast in bed-7am on Friday.
Debbie

Old February 11th 09, 04:45 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Welches wrote:
"NL" wrote in message
Well, 3 am is a great time for labor in my mind! Both my births started
around 3 am. You get to have a baby and then breakfast in bed :-P

Well with #1 I started at 1am on Thursday... and I suppose she came out in
time to have breakfast in bed-7am on Friday.

Hehe I never think of labours lasting longer than a few hours.. Sorry.
Once my kids decide they're ready there's no stopping them, not just at
birth :-P

cu
nicole
Old February 11th 09, 06:25 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

sounds like there is a good chance this is the real thing, fingers
crossed your next post will be announcing her birth.

Anne