Pepsi admits Aquafina comes from tap water

Old August 15th 07, 04:50 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Myrl

Default Pepsi admits Aquafina comes from tap water

On Aug 14, 10:08 am, Coleah wrote:
On Aug 13, 9:44 pm, Mark Probert wrote:

Coleah wrote:
Plastic bottles aren't a particular scare for me.

Plastic bottles are a real environmental issue. They
add a lot of chemical to the waste stream. They also
are found way out to sea. Two weeks ago I was 60 miles off the south
shore of LI and there was an area of garbage floating by...with seven or
eight bottled water bottles in the mix.

I agree. Some people are just pigs!
I sure understand the disposal issue, but don't have a real fear of
drinking something packaged in a plastic bottle.

I drink a lot of Diet 7-Up in 1 liter bottles and save them for
recycling projects. New uses are being created all the time. Some
states charge a $.05 deposit on plastic bottles which has really
assisted in getting them out of trash an into the recycling
industry.

I sawed the bottom off of a 1 liter bottle (leaving the cap on), and
use it as a scoop to clean out my rain gutters.

I also recycle plastic bottles.

I must admit however, I tossed a bottle into the ocean a few years
back. I had placed a message into it. It was off Point Reyes. . .If
anyone finds it, please contact me, my phone number is on the
message;-)

Old August 15th 07, 04:53 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Myrl

Coleah wrote:
Plastic bottles aren't a particular scare for me.
Plastic bottles are a real environmental issue. They
add a lot of chemical to the waste stream. They also
are found way out to sea. Two weeks ago I was 60 miles off the south
shore of LI and there was an area of garbage floating by...with seven or
eight bottled water bottles in the mix.

I agree. Some people are just pigs!

With the trash I see out to sea, it is not just some. I have seen some
unbelievable conglomerations of trash just go floating by. A few years
ago we went to the Macys fireworks display in NYC and I watched the CG
intercepting floating trash since they thought it was dangerous.

I sure understand the disposal issue, but don't have a real fear of
drinking something packaged in a plastic bottle.

Nor do I. I re-use the bottles for several days, and then toss them in
the trash.

I drink a lot of Diet 7-Up in 1 liter bottles and save them for
recycling projects. New uses are being created all the time. Some
states charge a $.05 deposit on plastic bottles which has really
assisted in getting them out of trash an into the recycling
industry.

We`do not drink much soda. The preference is tea, usually green.

I'm a tea drinker too, Mark. . .My favorite lately is Bigelow's Red
Raspberry. I like to use it to make Sun Tea, and then throw in mint
leaves, and lemon slices.

Old August 15th 07, 12:51 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

Coleah wrote:
[...]

I'll mix citrus with green tea. I also like Lady Earl Grey black tea
brewed for at least 10 minutes.
Old August 15th 07, 02:29 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Coleah

Coleah wrote:
[...]

brewed for at least 10 minutes.- Hide quoted text -

You and Myrl have tatooed 'tea' in my brain. Being Diabetic, I drink
a LOT of Diet 7-Up (no calories, no sugar.....but Sodium). Couldn't
replace 7-Up with tea, but it would be a change......then try some of
Myrl's filtering ideas with lemon and ice. Thanks for sharing!!

Old August 15th 07, 11:16 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Robert[_4_]

On Aug 13, 2:07 am, "Jan Drew" wrote:
"Robert" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Aug 12, 8:17 am, wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 04:51:19 GMT, "Jan Drew"

wrote:
http://www.newstarget.com/z021962.html
NewsTarget.com printable article
Originally published August 2 2007
Pepsi admits Aquafina comes from tap water
by Mike Adams

It's a great marketing gimmick: A bottle of water with a clean, blue
label
showing images of snow-capped mountains and the claim, "Pure water,
perfect
taste." That's the image created by Pepsico's Aquafina brand of water,
and
many consumers leap to the incorrect conclusion that Aquafina is sourced
from mountain spring water.

In reality, Aquafina comes from tap water. Yes, the same water you get
when
you turn on your kitchen faucet. Of course, Aquafina is filtered,
purified

Hopefully removing chlorine and flouride, pesticides and
fertilizers...

and perhaps even enhanced with trace amounts of added minerals, but it's
certainly not mountain spring water.

[...]clip============

No worse than selling bottles of pills that promise weight loss or a
cure for your cold.

Robert

DUH.Wissssssssssssssssssshhh right over your head.- Hide quoted text -

Another idiot with no name

Old August 16th 07, 04:02 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

Coleah wrote:
[...]

Smacks head...

I could have had a V-8!

Old August 16th 07, 05:17 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
David Wright

In article .com,
Myrl wrote:
On Aug 13, 9:01 pm, Mark Probert wrote:

Do not eat yellow snow.-

Mark - Wasn't you, who said that urine was more pure than saliva;-)

He's worried about the purity of the snow.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"[Republicans] talk about Reagan the way gay guys talk about
Barbra Streisand." -- Bill Maher

Doan admits to lying 0:-] Spanking 0 March 2nd 07 10:37 PM
water cooler, water coolers, water dispenser, water dispensers,bottleless water cooler,bottleless water coolers,bottleless water dispenser,bottleless water dispensers [email protected] Pregnancy 0 January 5th 06 09:14 AM
DCF admits ethics lapses wexwimpy Foster Parents 1 August 15th 04 06:13 PM
DCF admits ethics lapses wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 August 13th 04 10:26 PM
DCF Admits It Broke Policy wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 February 8th 04 07:22 PM