cadle crap

Old July 24th 03, 03:01 PM
Astromum

Default cadle crap

lovey wrote:
so... i'm just wondering if any of you know of a gentle, yet effective
treatment to get rid of his crusty bits once and for all... of if the almond
oil and patience is all that's required?

It's harmless, so I have never been in favour of the more
'chemical' treatments. I've heard people recommend to use
a toothbrush instead of a fine comb though. That might help.

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

Old July 24th 03, 03:09 PM
Karen Askey

so... i'm just wondering if any of you know of a gentle, yet effective
treatment to get rid of his crusty bits once and for all... of if the almond
oil and patience is all that's required?

We use baby shampoo and the very soft baby brush that we got in the hospital
(you can find them anywhere, though). Wet the hair, apply the shampoo, and
gently scrub the cradle cap away. Works great. If you've been using almond
oil, it will probably come off with one or two shampoos.

koa
Still nursing James, 02/06/01
EP'ing for Joey 04/02/03 (BCP)

Old July 24th 03, 11:06 PM
Daye

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:04:47 +1000, "lovey"
wrote:

so... i'm just wondering if any of you know of a gentle, yet effective
treatment to get rid of his crusty bits once and for all... of if the almond
oil and patience is all that's required?

I don't know of a way to rid it once and for all until they outgrow
it. My method is safe and gentle... just be careful about getting it
in their eyes when you rinse the hair.

I use conditioner -- just whatever you use in your own hair. I
massage it into the scalp, and I leave it to set for at least a
minute. Then I take a comb or brush, and I brush the hair -- making
sure that I am getting the scalp. Then rinse. It will get the
biggest majority of the crust out off scalp. I do it about 2 times in
a row, and it gets rid of it for a while. I have to do it every so
often.

I tried using olive oil, but I had a really hard time getting it out
of my DD's hair afterward. The conditioner worked just as well, and
it was easy to rinse out of her hair. The plus was her hair was much
softer after the treatment.

--
==Daye==
Momma to Jayan
#2 EDD 11 Jan 2004
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au
Old July 25th 03, 09:27 PM
iphigenia

lovey wrote:
my little bubba has some, which i've been massaging with sweet
almond oil... it seems to make a little difference (it softens the
crust), but hasn't eliminated it by any stretch of the imagination.

Have you followed up the oil massages with brushing the scalp with a comb or
toothbrush?

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net