"Child Support" money?

Old November 13th 03, 06:22 AM
Fighting For Kids

Default "Child Support" money?

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:56:39 -0800, "Chris" wrote:

That ought to be left up to the parent to decide; dontcha think?

If a utopia exsisted, yes. It doesn't. Some parents are able to come
to reasonable agreements that work for them. Some parents are not
able to reach a reasonable agreement and must have a third party
intervene. Whether it be a mediator or judge.
Old November 13th 03, 06:23 AM
Fighting For Kids

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:58:41 -0800, "Chris" wrote:

$2.50 here, $2.50 there. Nickels and dimes add up to dollars.

Yep they sure do. They just keep adding and adding on to the overall
expense to raising a child dont they?
Old November 13th 03, 06:24 AM
Fighting For Kids

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:54:44 -0800, "Chris" wrote:

I COULD be wrong, but I believe that you are legally entitled to a receipt.

lol, you may be legally entitled but that doesnt mean you are going to
get one.
Old November 13th 03, 06:26 AM
Fighting For Kids

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:42:57 -0800, "Chris" wrote:

If you can afford the lottery ticket, then why do you need "child support"
money?

WOW!!! It only costs a dollar to raise a child?
Old November 13th 03, 08:00 AM
Chris

"Fighting For Kids" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:52:56 -0800, "Chris" wrote:

====
Well, how much does the state require intact families to spend on their

kids?

Last I checked.... NOTHING.

Maybe we should start there.
====
====

Actually in a round about way the govt does. If you dont spend money
on your children by giving them clothing, food, ect they take your
child away or throw your ass in jail for neglect.

Untrue. You can provide food, clothing, etc. and not spend one thin dime.
However, that does NOT address the question. I understand the question to be
inquiring about the mandatory number of dollars intact families must spend.
So, the answer is?

Old November 13th 03, 08:02 AM
Chris

"Fighting For Kids" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:56:39 -0800, "Chris" wrote:

That ought to be left up to the parent to decide; dontcha think?

If a utopia exsisted, yes. It doesn't. Some parents are able to come
to reasonable agreements that work for them. Some parents are not
able to reach a reasonable agreement and must have a third party
intervene. Whether it be a mediator or judge.

And WHO'S the judge as to whether or not they need a judge? "Reasonable" is
a matter of opinion subject to the individual.

Old November 13th 03, 08:07 AM
Chris

"Fighting For Kids" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:54:44 -0800, "Chris" wrote:

I COULD be wrong, but I believe that you are legally entitled to a

receipt.

lol, you may be legally entitled but that doesnt mean you are going to
get one.

You are legally entitled to wake up tomorrow morning, but that doesn't mean
someone won't put a bullet in your head tonight. What's your point?

Old November 13th 03, 08:10 AM
Chris

"Fighting For Kids" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:42:57 -0800, "Chris" wrote:

If you can afford the lottery ticket, then why do you need "child

support"
money?

WOW!!! It only costs a dollar to raise a child?

That's one dollar LESS than the ordered "child support". Again, WHY do you
need it?

Old November 13th 03, 11:25 AM
Moon Shyne

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Moon Shyne wrote in message

"Gini52" wrote in message
In article , Moon Shyne

says...

"Dave" dave@freedoms-door wrote in message

"Jon" wrote in message
So if you receive support you can never buy a lottery ticket or

take a
drink?

Child support should not be used for anything other than for

supporting the
child.

So I use the child support to support the children, and buy my lottery

ticket
with my own money.

Now........... how can you tell which dollar was which? They all look

the
same.
=====
The dollar spent on the child will come with a receipt.

So I can't buy anything for my children at a street fair, or some other

place
where they don't issue receipts? Can't buy ice cream from the ice cream

truck
because they don't issue receipts?

=====
=====

You think those things are necessities that your x should be paying for?

I think those are the sort of things that many, if not most, parents
occasionally purchase for their kids, whether the marriage is intact or not.

There are any number of things that I purchase for my children that I don't get
a receipt for - lunch tickets for school, for example (at 1.55 (elementary
school) and 1.85 (junior high), a nutritious bargain at that price) - I was
questioning the requirement that you can only buy things for which you get a
receipt.