I did it!!!!

Old January 15th 04, 03:26 PM
Lori

Default I did it!!!!

I know im not a regular poster here but I do lurk everyday. I just wanted
to share that I finally NIP yesterday! I was sitting on a bench outside of
Carl's JR waiting on my husband and my daughter to come out with lunch and
Elizabeth was really really fussy and I knew she was hungry. I had a bottle
of EBM in the car back at DH work so I tried for a few minutes to hold her
off but she was getting more and more hungry. So I nursed her right there
It was so liberating because it really is a pain to carry around EBM every
place I go.

I just love nursing. I was looking at her during are 1am feeding and I
realized that I actually enjoy getting up with her in the middle of the
night to nurse. I don't think I would trade this for sleep. I just feel
really guilty for not nursing my other daughter. I guess what's done is
done :0(

Thanks for letting me share. Back to lurkdom I go.

Lori
Gabrielle 12-20-98
Elizabeth 12-14-03

Old January 15th 04, 03:32 PM
Jodie

Congratulations! It is a very good feeling, isn't it. I, like you,
carried around bottles of EBM, "just in case". It got to the point
where I thought, what am I doing? It takes as much effort to get out as
if I was bottle feeding. So, I ditched the EBM and enjoyed the
portability of breastfeeding. To heck what others thought, iykwim.

I bf my first for 5 weeks, didn't nurse my second at all, and have
nursed my third for (almost) an entire year (the 28th). I completely
understand the guilt you feel, but we can't undo the past. Just take it
from today and be proud that you are giving your dd the best possible
start. We can only do the best we can with the information we have at
the time.

So, pat yourself on the back, sit back and enjoy your precious babies.

Jodie

Old January 15th 04, 03:45 PM
Nina

"Lori" wrote in message
[...]

Congrats. I dont mind getting up with my baby either. I say, if I dont hate
sharing a bed with a husband who on occasion wakes me for sex, why would I
mind sharing it with a baby who on occasion wakes me for food?

Old January 16th 04, 02:10 AM
larissa

Lori wrote:
[...]

Well done! Once you get used to it you don't think twice about feeding
in public. I always like to see someone breastfeeding, doesn't happen
that often. On the weekend at the beach I saw a mum and baby
breastfeeding at a picnic table in the shade. It certainly brought a
smile to my face.

Larissa
DD feb 99
DS mar 01