what are the dangers of this?

Old January 14th 04, 08:37 PM
Joel M. Eichen D.D.S.

Default what are the dangers of this?

Jiffy Car Wash,,,,,,,, where they use proper protocol ..... AND
,,,,,,,,,,, they use alt.auto.washers.

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:43:15 GMT, "Dr Steve" wrote:

I don't know. The Mom brings groceries to the car. Touches the painted
surfaces while getting her keys out. Maybe even leans against the car with
permeable clothing on. Puts groceries in the arsenic painted trunk, And
closes the trunk while touching the paint. Goes home, does not wash her
hands, but unloads the groceries and touches the paint some more. Don't
forget the groceries were enclosed in an arsenic painted trunk all the way
home. All that arsenic tainted air was stagnated and concentrated on all
that food. She does not wash her hands yet, and grabs a banana and eats it.
I am amazed she does not drop dead right in the kitchen. The groceries then
fill the refrigerator and cupboards with arsenic air from the car trunk.

--
Joel M. Eichen, .
Philadelphia PA

DISCLAIMER FOLLOWS:

*********

Dental health-related material
is provided for information purposes
only and does not necessarily
represent endorsement by or an official
position of the SciMedDentistry gang
or any other official agency either
actual or fictitious or Steve Mancuso.

Advice on the treatment or care
of an individual patient should
be obtained through consultation
with a dentist who has examined
that patient or is familiar with
that patient's dental history.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER
Old January 14th 04, 08:40 PM
Dawn Lawson

Dr Steve wrote:

I don't know. The Mom brings groceries to the car. Touches the painted
surfaces while getting her keys out. Maybe even leans against the car with
permeable clothing on.

You don't know a lot about cured car paint, I see.

Puts groceries in the arsenic painted trunk, And
closes the trunk while touching the paint. Goes home, does not wash her
hands, but unloads the groceries and touches the paint some more. Don't
forget the groceries were enclosed in an arsenic painted trunk all the way
home. All that arsenic tainted air was stagnated and concentrated on all
that food. She does not wash her hands yet, and grabs a banana and eats it.

skin and all?

I am amazed she does not drop dead right in the kitchen.

Ookay. You think the contamination from cured car paint on unwashed
hands will rival the boogers from the shopping carts or the travels of
said banana for morbidity/mortality risk? You're comparing this to
mercury amalgams installed permanently on chewing surfaces? We know now
to discount your posts. Maybe you could snip mkb from responses (and I
will snip smd in future)

The groceries then
fill the refrigerator and cupboards with arsenic air from the car trunk.

Wait....the groceries in dioxin filled packages, enclosed in soft
plastic bags, tucked into painted cupboards??? The groceries laden
with numbered ingredients and propylene glycol and its ilk? And you are
worried about the cured car paint? Don't cook on your carburetor and
stay out of your trunk.

(hmmm, actually, I think checking your kitchen cupboards for old lead
based paint might be a smart move, if you have an older house.)

Dawn, looking elsewhere for information.

(BTW, PubMed cites at least one study that shows that mercury in human
breastmilk correlates with number of amalgam fillings and number of
meals (iirc, it's released by chewing/friction on the fillings so that
makes sense), as well as with amount of "suspect" fish consumed, and
that it peaks in the first two months of lactation. Nothing was said
wrt the changeable nature of breastmilk, nor about the lactational
status of the women, nor about the time of day teh samples were taken,
but I didn't dig too far this go-round)

Old January 14th 04, 09:01 PM
Dawn Lawson

Joel M. Eichen D.D.S. wrote:

Good one!

Do you happen to know of a way to have amalgam fillings done without
being exposed during application, or holding them in one's mouth?

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:49:01 GMT, Dawn Lawson
wrote:

Dr Steve wrote:

Everyone knows that automotive paint contains cyanide,,,, right?? Pregnant
and lactating mothers should not be allowed near automobiles either.

Well, certainly not while it's being applied, and they shouldn't hold
paint chips in their mouths.

hmm...

Dawn

Old January 14th 04, 11:10 PM
Joel M. Eichen D.D.S.

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:01:59 GMT, Dawn Lawson
wrote:

Joel M. Eichen D.D.S. wrote:

Good one!

Do you happen to know of a way to have amalgam fillings done without
being exposed during application, or holding them in one's mouth?

Can someone go to the dentist for you?

Joel

Old January 14th 04, 11:12 PM
Joel M. Eichen D.D.S.

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:40:51 GMT, Dawn Lawson
wrote:

Dr Steve wrote:

I don't know. The Mom brings groceries to the car. Touches the painted
surfaces while getting her keys out. Maybe even leans against the car with
permeable clothing on.

You don't know a lot about cured car paint, I see.

Puts groceries in the arsenic painted trunk, And
closes the trunk while touching the paint. Goes home, does not wash her
hands, but unloads the groceries and touches the paint some more. Don't
forget the groceries were enclosed in an arsenic painted trunk all the way
home. All that arsenic tainted air was stagnated and concentrated on all
that food. She does not wash her hands yet, and grabs a banana and eats it.

skin and all?

I am amazed she does not drop dead right in the kitchen.

Ookay. You think the contamination from cured car paint on unwashed
hands will rival the boogers from the shopping carts

When I see one I take the next cart ........

Old January 15th 04, 02:11 AM
Dr. Steve

You don't know a lot about cured car paint, I see.

And what do you know about cured dental fillings?

Ookay. You think the contamination from cured car paint on unwashed
hands will rival the boogers from the shopping carts or the travels of
said banana for morbidity/mortality risk? You're comparing this to
mercury amalgams installed permanently on chewing surfaces? We know now
to discount your posts. Maybe you could snip mkb from responses (and I
will snip smd in future)

You know both arguments are relative to exposure limits and dosage, right?

(BTW, PubMed cites at least one study that shows that mercury in human
breastmilk correlates with number of amalgam fillings and number of
meals (iirc, it's released by chewing/friction on the fillings so that
makes sense), as well as with amount of "suspect" fish consumed, and
that it peaks in the first two months of lactation. Nothing was said
wrt the changeable nature of breastmilk, nor about the lactational
status of the women, nor about the time of day teh samples were taken,
but I didn't dig too far this go-round)

I would be happy to purchase the entire article and discuss it in detail
with you. Let me know when you are ready to get a copy and I will get one
too.

Old January 15th 04, 03:13 PM
Io

Tony Bad wrote:

"Io" wrote in message ...
Nancy wrote:

amalgam extraction? for prego ladies or breast feeding types.
IF this is bad, ohw long should the lady stop BF the child a few days?
also amalgam installation in preparation for a crown, is this bad?
Once the crown covers the amalgam, is all well again?

Thanks

It's like this. Almost any dentist will tell you that amalgam (and
mercury) is completely harmless. Any toxicologist will tell you it is
extremely dangerous in the same league as uranium. I think it'd be best to
avoid having dentistry involving amalgam while pregnant or breastfeeding,
and to avoid inhaling any air that has circulated around the mouth.

Ask the toxicologist if the word dosage rings any bells. If not, find another
toxicologist.

Enough drops of water will defeat any stone.

Old January 15th 04, 10:54 PM
Larry McMahan

In misc.kids.breastfeeding Dr. Steve wrote:
: So you have already made up your mind?

No. but apparently you have.

Larry
Old January 15th 04, 11:01 PM
Larry McMahan

In misc.kids.breastfeeding Dr Steve wrote:
: Everyone knows that automotive paint contains cyanide,,,, right?? Pregnant
: and lactating mothers should not be allowed near automobiles either.

Well, at leat they shouldn't be putting automotive paint in thier mouths.

Larry