first Dr. visit tomorrow

Old November 12th 03, 08:58 PM
Christine

Default first Dr. visit tomorrow

Hi everyone, this is a great group!

Tomorrow is my first visit to the Dr.
I'm kinda nervous, i'm not sure why...

What will she do on the first visit...?
is it true that the Dr. can make a good guess on the sex of the baby by
the heart beat?
I'm 10-11 weeks...

Thanks in advance....

Christine......from Pa.

Old November 12th 03, 09:48 PM
Rob and Laura

Hi Richard good to see you around here again! Hows the little lady?

--
Laura, TTC #2 and
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

:
: Tomorrow is my first visit to the Dr.
: I'm kinda nervous, i'm not sure why...
:
: What will she do on the first visit...?

Mostly talk, maybe schedule some blood work, maybe date using ultrasound.

: is it true that the Dr. can make a good guess on the sex of the baby by
: the heart beat?

No. See http://www.obgyn.net/english/pubs/fe...se/ehr-age.htm

Gender can be determined with a reasonably high probability at about 17
or 18 weeks LMP gestation.

: I'm 10-11 weeks...

You should be able to detect a heartbeat, and, if you have an u/s, see
your baby's body, arms, legs, and head, and see him/her moving. At our
12 week 1 day u/s, we could see our baby's jaw open and close, arch her
back, and kick. (We could determine her gender then -- she's 13 mos now.)

Relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

Richard
Micaela's dad

Old November 12th 03, 10:23 PM
jojo

Hi Richard! How are you??
How is Micaela???
Josh is doing great!! 14 months old last Sunday!
I'm here at MKP because we are going to have another baby!!!!
We are due July 17th...and I'm going to carry this one!

I would love to hear how you are doing and see a pic of Micaela!
hugs,
jojo

Old November 12th 03, 10:39 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Christine wrote:

What will she do on the first visit...?

Different caregivers will do different things. Most
likely she'll order blood tests for various things. She may
do an internal exam (not really necessary in most cases) and
may do a Pap smear (if you haven't had one in a while). She'll
probably weigh you and take your blood pressure. She'll probably
have you give a urine sample. She should sit down with you
and discuss the practice and what to expect from them and
answer any of your questions. Unless you do not know the
date of your last menstrual period, she probably won't do
an ultrasound (it's unnecessary), and she may not be able
to hear the heartbeat with the doppler (too early in most
cases).

is it true that the Dr. can make a good guess on the sex of the baby by
the heart beat?

Nope, sorry.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old November 12th 03, 11:08 PM
JennP

"jojo" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Richard! How are you??
How is Micaela???
Josh is doing great!! 14 months old last Sunday!
I'm here at MKP because we are going to have another baby!!!!
We are due July 17th...and I'm going to carry this one!

I would love to hear how you are doing and see a pic of Micaela!
hugs,
jojo

Oh, wow Jojo!! That's wonderful news. And how nice that you get to carry
this baby! Very exciting.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old November 13th 03, 02:10 PM
Kat

"Christine" wrote in message
Hi everyone, this is a great group!

Tomorrow is my first visit to the Dr.
I'm kinda nervous, i'm not sure why...

What will she do on the first visit...?
is it true that the Dr. can make a good guess on the sex of the baby by
the heart beat?
I'm 10-11 weeks...

Thanks in advance....

Christine......from Pa.

Good luck and Congrats! Hope you get good vibes from your doctor! My baby
(who is a boy) has a heartbeat rate that would be typically female, so I
wouldn't put any weight on sex based by heartrate. Drs usually do a
papsmear either the first or second visit, and internal exam as well.
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old November 13th 03, 06:37 PM
Rob and Laura

Oh let me guess?? Is it what I think Richard?

--
Laura, TTC # 2

"Richard" wrote in message
jojo wrote:
: Hi Richard! How are you??
: How is Micaela???
: Josh is doing great!! 14 months old last Sunday!
: I'm here at MKP because we are going to have another baby!!!!
: We are due July 17th...and I'm going to carry this one!
:
: I would love to hear how you are doing and see a pic of Micaela!
: hugs,
: jojo

WOOO HOOO!! Wow!! THANK YOU for the HUGE smile you just planted
on my face!! THIS IS SUPER!!

I'm sorry I'm shouting so much. Jojo this is fantastic!!

Micaela's great, almost 13 months. I'll get some recent pictures up
as soon as I recover from this TERRIFIC NEWS!

Richard
still thrilled to be Micaela's dad

OT - Filmgoers Pirate "Day After Tomorrow" user General 0 June 4th 04 05:48 PM
Review: The Day After Tomorrow (* 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 0 May 27th 04 04:31 PM
2 week post-op visit JNJ Pregnancy 5 November 2nd 03 08:41 PM
First ultrasound and second visit Joanna Kimball Pregnancy 11 September 25th 03 05:25 PM
First midwife/postnatal care nurse visit Elly Pregnancy 4 September 23rd 03 06:06 PM