Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced

Old January 19th 07, 05:30 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Jan Drew

Default Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
jill999999 wrote:
Peter Bowditch wrote:
"jill999999" wrote:

Jan Drew wrote:
http://www.talkinternational.com

Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced
A bill for banning amalgam dental fillings has been (re)introduced to
the
house by Congresswoman Diane Watson. The bill is HR 4011.
Congresswoman Watson's staff has encouraged us to get behind the bill
and
has asked the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology to
have
its members contact their local representatives.

We also strongly encourage the public to also do so. Please let them
hear
your voice!
Senators Frist M.D. and Hastert were instumental in the recent passage
of a bill preventing people from suing the manufacturers of vaccines
preserved with mercury .Many scientists believe there is a causal
link between mercury in vaccines and childhood autism
Actually, no real scientists believe this, because there is a large
volume of evidence to show that it is not true. There are, however,
some pretend scientists who like to say so because it helps them to
sell stuff and make money giving speeches.

and it seems to
me that if there was no basis for such a claim legislators would'nt
bother passing such a bill.
So you believe that the existence of laws against frivolous defamation
suits is evidence that the defamation is justified? The laws against
people attempting to defraud and blackmail vaccine manufacturers were
simply a way of preventing the courts from being clogged with people
who are just after money for no reason other than they want it.

In general ,the courts determine whether a case has merit. How does one
know whether a products liability,medical malpractice or any other case
has merit unless the parties are able to argue their side and present
scientific experts in court?

Agreed. Subject the "experts" to a Daubert hearing and let those who pass
muster testify.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....811a361d97136c

Feb 21 2006

Do tell us why you have this insane need to divert?

I am a lawyer and know that most
legislators (also mostly lawyers) have little or no scientific
background .

However, many AltNuts rely on politicians to prove medical issues.

They are in no way qualified to decide whether suits for
damages arising from mercury have merit.

That is the purpose of a Daubert hearing and trial.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....811a361d97136c

Feb 21 2006

Do tell us why you have this insane need to divert?

The purpose of the bill was to
protect corporations that contribute money.

Actually, the purpose of the bill was to protect companies from patently
absurd lawsuits which can clog up the federal courts ever more than they
already are.

Got proof? A url will do, not your saying it.

Personally, I would prefer to allow all suits, and, for those determined
to be frivolous, which is not the same as to have lost, the litigant be
assessed hefty court costs and legal fees.

In the Matter of Mark Probert (Admitted as Mark S. Probert), a
Suspended Attorney, Respondent.
Grievance Committee for the Tenth Judicial District, Petitioner.

92-02731

SUPREME COURT OF NEW YORK, APPELLATE DIVISION, SECOND DEPARTMENT

183 A.D.2d 282; 590 N.Y.S.2d 747

November 9, 1992, Decided

PRIOR HISTORY: [***1]

Disciplinary proceedings instituted by the Grievance Committee for the
Tenth Judicial District. Respondent was admitted to the Bar on
February 15, 1978, at a term of the Appellate Division of the Supreme
Court in the Second Judicial Department, under the name Mark S.
Probert.

DISPOSITION: Ordered that the petitioner's motion to impose discipline
upon the respondent based upon his failure to appear or answer is
granted; and it is further,

HEADNOTES: Attorney and Client - Disciplinary Proceedings

Respondent attorney, who is charged with 22 counts of failing to
cooperate with investigations of alleged misconduct by the Grievance
Committee, and who has failed to answer or appear, is disbarred.

COUNSEL:

Frank A. Finnerty, Jr., Westbury (Muriel L. Gennosa of counsel), for
petitioner.

JUDGES: Mangano, P. J., Thompson, Bracken, Sullivan and Harwood, JJ.,
concur.

Ordered that the petitioner's motion to impose discipline upon the
respondent based upon his failure to appear or answer is granted; and
it is further,

Ordered that pursuant to Judiciary Law § 90, effective immediately,
the respondent, Mark Probert, is disbarred and his name is stricken
from the roll of attorneys and counselors-at-law; and it is further,

Ordered that the respondent shall continue to comply with this Court's
rules governing the conduct of disbarred, suspended and resigned
attorneys (22 NYCRR 691.10); and it is further,

Ordered that pursuant to Judiciary [***2] Law § 90, the respondent,
Mark Probert, is commanded to continue to desist and refrain (1) from
practicing law in any form, either as principal or as agent, clerk or
employee of another, (2) from appearing as an attorney or
counselor-at-law before any court, Judge, Justice, board, commission
or other public authority, (3) from giving to another an opinion as to
the law or its application or any advice in relation thereto, and (4)
from holding himself out in any way as an attorney and
counselor-at-law.

OPINIONBY: Per Curiam.

OPINION: [*282]

[**747] By decision and order of this Court dated September 29,
1989, the respondent was suspended from the practice of law until the
further order of this Court based upon his failure to cooperate with
the Grievance Committee. By further order of this Court dated June 4,
1992, the Grievance Committee was authorized to institute and
prosecute a disciplinary proceeding [*283] against the respondent
and the Honorable Moses M. Weinstein was appointed as Special Referee.

[**748] A notice of petition and petition was personally served upon
the respondent on July 2, 1992. No answer was forthcoming. The
petitioner now moves to hold the [***3] respondent in default. The
motion was personally served upon the respondent on August 14, 1992.
The respondent has failed to submit any papers in response to the
default motion.

The charges involve 22 counts of the respondent's failure to cooperate
with the Grievance Committee in its investigations into complaints of
professional misconduct.

The charges, if established, would require the imposition of a
disciplinary sanction against the respondent. Since the respondent has
chosen not to appear or answer in these proceedings, the charges must
be deemed established. The petitioner's motion to hold the respondent
in default and impose discipline is, therefore, granted. Accordingly,
the respondent is disbarred and his name is stricken from the roll of
attorneys and counselors-at-law, effective immediately

Source:

NY UNIFIED COURT SYSTEM, ATTORNEY REGIST. UNIT

Currency Status:

ARCHIVE RECORD

NAME & PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION

Name:

MARK PROBERT

Date Of Birth:

11/XX/1946

Gender:

MALE

Address:

1698 WEBSTER AVE

MERRICK, NY 11566

County:

NASSAU

Phone:

516-968-5572

EMPLOYER INFORMATION

Employer:

MARK S PROBERT ESQ

PERSON

LICENSING INFORMATION

Licensing Agency:

NY STATE OFFICE OF COURT ADMINISTRATION

License/Certification Type:

ATTORNEY

License Number:

1253889

Issue Date:

00/00/1978

License Status:

DISBARRED

License State:

NY

From: Mark Probert - view profile
Date: Sun, Feb 11 2001 4:17 pm
Email: Mark Probert
Groups: k12.chat.teacher

Noah has had one since 11/26/96 (my birthday).

Old January 23rd 07, 11:03 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
jill999999

Clinton wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:

Mark Probert wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:

Another reason amalgam fillings fracture teeth is that as they age
thecrystal structure brea ks down ,causing an increase in volume
despite a decrease in weight from the huge amt of hg vaporizing off.
Care to document that?
I have lots of fractured teeth. None of my teeth without fillings are
fractured.Almost everyone with amalgam has fractured teeth.

I have amalgam fillings and no fractured teeth.

By the way ,Igot well over 650 on the math SAT. I scored in the top one
% of the population.

Whoopee. I got an 800.

Of my 720 classmates, 91 got an 800. The lowest score was just under 700
If you took the SAT before 1995,less than one percent got 700 in math
.Less than one percent got a perfect 1600 so you are lying again.

Nobody mentioned a perfect 1600. Are you living in the same reality
as the rest of the readership?

ARe you? For reference the claimed average Math SAT scores of the
quackwatch team is now higher than that of the Freshman class of
MIT (on the old SAT) and way above the incoming class of Harvard.
The SATs of quackwatch are irrelevant. How much are they being paid for their unobjective opinions?

How could anyone with double 400s on the SAT not see that amalgam
exposes one to toxic levels of hg since people with many fillings lose
more than 150 microgms/day in urine and feces whereas people with no
amalgam fillings ,who never had any, lose 2-10 microgms/day.These
amounts don't include hg that is stored in the brain and other organs
or hg lost in sweat.10 microgms/day from all sources is a toxic
level.Do the quackwatch people believe that people with amalgam
fillings eat more fish or break more thermometers that people with no
fillings.
Statistically, the distribution claimed could occur in a magnet type
school if everyone in the school was in the top 1% of the population.
But what relevance would that have to most schools where an 800 would
occur far less than 1 in 100 which would roughly correspond to 700,

Old January 23rd 07, 11:48 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
jill999999

Clinton wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:

Mark Probert wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:

[...]

Was the intellectual giant who claimed that hg vapor from amalgam was'nt toxic because people exhale affiliated with quackwatch? Exhalation did'nt work well at Auschwitz.Cyanide displaces o2 on hemoglobin so that when you breathe you dont get oxygen . Like cyanide hg displaces O2 on hemoglobin . This is why people with amalgam feel lightheaded and spacey.

Old January 24th 07, 04:48 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
David Wright

In article . com,
jill999999 wrote:

Clinton wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:

Mark Probert wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:

[...]

Nobody here claimed to have double 400s. Nobody claimed to have
double 800s, either. You just made that up out of whole cloth. I
think your problems are a lot more severe than just a few amalgam
fillings.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"If George Bush were my dad, I'd be drunk in public so often that
James Baker would have me killed." -- Bill Maher on the Bush twins
Old January 24th 07, 03:04 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

jill999999 wrote:
Clinton wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:

[...]

A truly moronic statement.

How could anyone with double 400s on the SAT

Let's see...when I took the SATs in the 1960's double 400's meant that
the person was not getting into college and had to look to a trade
school, and hope that they were not 1A.

not see that amalgam
exposes one to toxic levels of hg since people with many fillings lose
more than 150 microgms/day in urine and feces whereas people with no
amalgam fillings ,who never had any, lose 2-10 microgms/day.These
amounts don't include hg that is stored in the brain and other organs
or hg lost in sweat.10 microgms/day from all sources is a toxic
level.Do the quackwatch people believe that people with amalgam
fillings eat more fish or break more thermometers that people with no
fillings.

Since you claim there is storage of mercury, and mercury is omnipresent
in the environment, has there been a mass die-off of those who are
so-called "poor excretors" like David Kirby mentions? The concentration
of mercury has to eventually reach the fatal level.

Oh, and the other point....can you cite chapter and verse that the
excretions you mention compare to concentrations that would have a toxic
effect, or, are you one of those who claim that dose does not make the
poison?

Old January 25th 07, 06:34 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Jan Drew

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
jill999999 wrote:
Clinton wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:

[...]

See how Mark keeps changin his *anecdotes are bull*****.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....15df7fd9ea9204

Jun 1 2006

The Real t wrote:

*I do live among the real world, and have friends who are dying from
cancer. I have losses in my family from cancer.*

Try placing it in context.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....browse_frm/thr...

In context, we were discussing human events, and not trying to prove a
scientific principle.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....f98eb79c10e562

Feb 22 2006

JanD wrote:
Anecdotes are Bull****. Mark Probert.

Anecdotes are bull**** to prove a medical claim. No question. However,
when discussing personal experience, they are valid.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....616fe7354cb992

Feb 4 2006

You could get out there and meet some real live people. You could even find
that often those anecdotes are worth more than the proof you cry for. Or
you can continue along the way you are. Won't matter anyway, we all die
sooner or later. trt

1) Your method of responding results in incorporating your response with
my comments, thus making it difficult to ascertain who said what.

2) I do live among the real world, and have friends who are dying from
cancer. I have losses in my family from cancer.

Anecdotes are bull****. I use facts.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....a9d56d9?hl=en&

Feb 5 2006

You could get out there and meet some real live people. You could even
find that often those anecdotes are worth more than the proof you cry
for. Or you can continue along the way you are. Won't matter anyway, we
all die sooner or later. trt

1) Your method of responding results in incorporating your response with
my comments, thus making it difficult to ascertain who said what.

2) I do live among the real world, and have friends who are dying from
cancer. I have losses in my family from cancer.

Anecdotes are bull****. I use facts.

Anecdotes are limited FACTS and not necessarily conclusive.

Anecdotes are bull**** and prove nothing.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....a9d56d9?hl=en&

Feb 3 2006

True, I cannot. You may not have noticed that I said so in my post. But,
not having sufficient proof for you is not proof that my words were not
true.

Hogwash. If any alternative met those criteria, the information would be
readily available and you would post a few hundred links.

I KNOW a person who was diagnosed, and refused to go along with the
accepted treatment. That person is alive today, some 10 -12 years later.
With no sign of a reoccurrence. It may surprise you , but most people who
get well without a doctor, do not keep records. They just get on with
their life. trt

What would surprise me is that my question were answered with something
other than an unverifiable anecdote.

JanD wrote:
[...]

Mark is just arguing. It has been posted many times that even *low* doeses
cause health problems.