What is in those Vaccinations?????

Old May 25th 06, 10:40 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.health,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology

Default What is in those Vaccinations?????

"john" wrote in message

"Bryan Heit" wrote in message

Just one:

Antibiotics: Used in the culture of viruses and some bacteria, to
prevent bacterial infections of the culture system. Due to the high
rates of antibiotic allergies among people the FDA requires that these be
removed before packaging. So it's not actually in the vaccine. Once
again you are lying about the contents of the vaccines...

Why does it say 25 mcg of neomycin on the package insert them?

"Each dose of the vaccine contains sorbitol (14.5 mg), sodium phosphate,
sucrose (1.9 mg), sodium chloride, hydrolyzed gelatin (14.5 mg), human
albumin (0.3 mg), foetal bovine serum (1 ppm), other buffer and media
ingredients and approximately 25 mcg of neomycin. The product contains no
preservative". http://www.whale.to/m/mmr11.html

At the end of the day vaccines have saved millions of lives; you seem to
want those people to die. why is that?

Study the real history, rather than flaunt your lies here
http://www.whale.to/vaccines/smallpox14.html

Aluminum hydroxide ... These two compounds are used as they are extremely
safe at the doses used. Animal/laboratory vaccines use much more potent
adjuvents (freunds, for example), but these are not used in people as the
risk of a sever reaction is too high. Making vaccines without adjuvents
would be like making bread without yeast.

Vancouver neuroscientist Chris Shaw shows a link between the aluminum
hydroxide used in vaccines, and symptoms associated with Parkinson's,
amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease), and
Alzheimer's....."This is suspicious," he told the Georgia Straight in a
phone interview from his lab near Heather Street and West 12th Avenue.
"Either this [link] is known by industry and it was never made public, or
industry was never made to do these studies by Health Canada. I'm not sure
which is scarier." Similar adjuvants are used in the following vaccines,
according to Shaw's paper: hepatitis A and B, and the Pentacel cocktail,
which vaccinates against diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, polio, and a type
of meningitis...."No one in my lab wants to get vaccinated," he said.
"This totally creeped us out. We weren't out there to poke holes in
vaccines. But all of a sudden, oh my God-we've got neuron death!"Another
important factor with regard to mercury on the mind, which officials at
the CDC, FDA and the professors in the IOM do not consider, is synergistic
toxicity - mercury's enhanced effect when other poisons are present. A
small dose of mercury that kills 1 in 100 rats and a dose of aluminum that
will kill 1 in 100 rats, when combined have a striking effect: all the
rats die. Doses of mercury that have a 1 percent mortality will have a 100
percent mortality rate if some aluminum is there. Vaccines contain
aluminum. http://www.whale.to/vaccines/woolley.html.htm

"We have demonstrated the toxicity of thimerosal by using it to kill
neurons in culture. At 50 nanomolar thimerosal the neuron killing
capacity/rate is about doubled with the addition of levels of aluminium
found in vaccines. The aluminium alone at this level is not demonstrated
to be toxic, so it is enhancing the toxicity of the thimerosal. It likely
does this by increasing the rate that thimerosal breaks down releasing
ethylmercury which is the toxic material" -------Testimony Prof Boyd
Haley, University of Kentucky, Chair and Head of Chemistry.......

Gupta RK, Relyveld EH.Adverse reactions after injection of adsorbed
diphtheria-pertussis-tetanus (DPT) vaccine are not due only to pertussis
organisms or pertussis components in the vaccine.
Vaccine. 1991 Oct;9(10):699-702. Review.PMID: 1759487; UI: 92101590
Aluminium compounds such as aluminium phosphate and aluminium hydroxide
are the most commonly used adjuvants with vaccines for human use. Due to
the increasing concern about the toxicity of aluminium, other adjuvants
like calcium phosphate may be evaluated as an alternative to aluminium
adjuvants. To minimize reactions after immunization with DPT vaccine due
to impurities in the toxoids, the use of toxoided purified toxins is
suggested.

Just imagine how smart and how healthy we would all be, had we just not
taken all those vaccines?

Old May 25th 06, 10:50 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology

Mark Probert wrote:
Welcome to the world of the anti-vac liars. Why they do it is a mystery,
but, they do it. If Autism was totally disproven to be vaccine related,
they would come up with another scary disease to fear monger to parents.

Heh... interesting that you would use the term fear monger, since it's
one of your trademark characteristics. In welcoming Bryan, are you
agreeing with everything he just said? Stay tuned while I debunk a
large section of his post.

Max.

Old May 25th 06, 11:39 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.health,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology

"Bryan Heit" wrote in message
Ilena Rose wrote:
http://www.opposingdigits.com/vaccines/

Ohh look, yet another page filled with the typical ignorance and lies
propigated by the anti-vaccine group. No idea of how vaccines are made,
no idea what these components are, no idea of what components of the
process actually end up in the vaccines, and no idea of what is removed
before sale. And no idea of the safety standards and purity
requirements... Basic deconstruction of the list:

Gelatin, chick embryo/egg/fluid, human/other cells, serum proteins, soy
protein, yeast, etc: Used to support the growth of the virus/bacteria
used to generate the vaccine. Viruses require living cells to grow (hence
the use of eggs or animal cells). The rest (gelatin, serum, etc) are
components of the media used to grow the cells. According to FDA rules,
before sale all of these components must be removed from the vaccine. So
listing them as ingredients is an out-and-out lie. Kinda like listing
"dirt" as an ingredient for bread. It was used to grow the wheat, but
isn't rpesent in the bread itself.

Various microbes: Vaccines are designed to protect us from microbes. The
way they do this is by exposing our body to parts of microbes, or to dead
microbes, or to living (but impaired) microbes. This gives our immune
system a chance to respond to the pathogen with no/minimal risk of actual
disease. After this exposure the immune system "remembers" the pathogen,
and thus if you are exposed to it again your body can readily fight it
off. To put this into context, it takes your body upto 2 weeks to respond
effectively to a pathogen the first time you are exposed - that's two
weeks in which the pathogen can ravage your body. Memory responses are
much faster, and usually take less then a day. So complaining about
microbial components in your vaccines is rather stupid - making a vaccine
without these would be like making bread without flour. Simply put,
without these components the vaccine wouldn't do a thing.

Antibiotics: Used in the culture of viruses and some bacteria, to prevent
bacterial infections of the culture system. Due to the high rates of
antibiotic allergies among people the FDA requires that these be removed
before packaging. So it's not actually in the vaccine. Once again you
are lying about the contents of the vaccines...

Sorbitol & lactose: Sugars. You eat these every day; they're found in
milk products, candy, and other sources. Perfectly safe. And usually
removed from the final product to help prevent bacterial growth in the
vaccine.

Aluminum hydroxide (alum), polysorbate: Adjuvents. Required to make the
vaccine work. Without them you may as well inject water. Polysorbate is
also a common ingredient in foods. These two compounds are used as they
are extremely safe at the doses used. Animal/laboratory vaccines use much
more potent adjuvents (freunds, for example), but these are not used in
people as the risk of a sever reaction is too high. Making vaccines
without adjuvents would be like making bread without yeast.

Glycerin/glycerol: Thickening agent and emulsifier. Harmless; your body
produces glycerin as a breakdown product of many lipids. Can also be used
as an energy source by your body, or used by your body in the synthesis of
various phospholipids. Major component of skin moisturizers and soaps.

Phenol, formaldehyde, 2-phenoxyethenol: Organic compounds used in the
preparation/preservation of the vaccine. Toxic at high doses, but present
in vaccines in trace amounts. Some are produced by our bodies,
particularly in the liver. As an example, your liver produces trace
amounts of formaldehyde as a natural part of it's metabolism (usually
during the breakdown of alcohol-containing compounds). Every 3 hours your
liver will produce about the same amount of formaldehyde that is present
in an vaccine. You'll recieve more phenol from living in a house with
carpets then you will recieve from vaccines (phenol is a common ingredient
of carpet glue).

Thimerosal: A mercury-containing preservative. There was some suggestion
in the 90's that thimerosal may cause autism or mercury poisoning. Both
of these have since been disproved - there is absolutely no link between
autism and vaccines what-so-every, and it also been shown that the amount
of free mercury (i.e. toxic mercury) released from your average vaccine
injection is about the same as the amount of mercury you receive eating a
tuna salad sandwich. Even so, due to public pressure thermisol is being
replaced in many vaccines with alternative preservatives. When compared
to the risk of the diseases we're vaccinating against, worrying about the
unlikely toxic effects of this preservative is like worrying about
second-hand smoke when your trapped in a burning building.

Monosodium glutamate (MSG), aspartame: Amino-acid derivatives, derived
from glutamic acid and aspartic acid respectively. Used in the cell
culture stage to provide the cells with amino-acids required for cell
growth. Largely removed during processing, and can be used by our bodies
for the synthesis of proteins, or can be broken down for energy. Also
commonly used as food additives. There is a slight allergy risk with MSG,
hence why it is usually removed from the final product.

Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS): Simply a saline solution which is pH
regulated by the addition of phosphate. This is injected (either as
straight saline, or as PBS) frequently into patients. Probably the most
commonly injected substance in medicine. Used medically to replace fluid
after dehydration or blood loss. Use in vaccines to provide a safe fluid
to suspend the vaccine in. Can be made in a variety of ways, and may
contain: potassium chloride, potassium phosphate monobasic, potassium
phosphate dibasic, sodium bicarbonate, sodium phosphate dibasic, and
sodium chloride. All of these components exist naturally in our bodies -
in fact, PBS is specifically designed to mimic the natural levels of these
components in our bodies, and thus replicate the fluids in our body
accurately. Also used in the culture of the cells used to make vaccines.

thimerosal toxic on contact with
the skin is totally benign when pumped into the bodies of infants.

Wrong! Not even close to being toxic. A very small portion of the
population (about 3 in 10,000) will undergo an allergic response to
thermisol when if they are exposed to it on their skin. This reaction is
known as a allergic dermatitis, akin to the response people have when
exposed to poison ivy (i.e. itching, redness). Although irritating it
represents no threat what-so-ever to the patient. Due to the nature of
these responses (properly referred to as hapten-carrier reactions), the
risk of a reaction via injection is minimal as the body can only respond
to thermosil when it is linked to specific skin protein(s). Because
injected vaccines are placed below the keritinized layer of the skin, the
chance of this conjugate forming is minimal, and therefore the risk of a
response is also minimal. Even if a response occurs it tends to be very
similar to your average allergic response - nasal congestion. Hardly a
"toxic" response, and a small price to pay.

Ironically, the #1 risk of taking vaccines - anaphylaxis - wasn't even
mentioned by you. Makes one wonder if you're even vaguely aware of how
vaccines or the immune system work. If you don't want to be vaccinated
that is your business, but you shouldn't be passing off these lies as
truth. Although the fact that you use lies to push your agenda is a
pretty good indicator of just how honest you are, and speaks volumes about
the credibility of your arguments. At the end of the day vaccines have
saved millions of lives; you seem to want those people to die. why is
that?

Bryan

Whew...

A lot of claims there.

Care to prove EACH and EVERY one??

For someone posting from:

The University of Calgary

You really should learn how to spell!!

Get updated.

http://www.testfoundation.org/aluminumvaccines.htm

http://www.ithyroid.com/autism.htm

http://www.testfoundation.org/thimerosal.htm

http://www.flu.org.cn/news/2004986362.htm

Old May 25th 06, 11:44 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology

Let's take a look at some things you've said here (without a single
shred of evidence to support yourself.)

Bryan Heit wrote:
Gelatin, chick embryo/egg/fluid, human/other cells, serum proteins, soy
protein, yeast, etc: Used to support the growth of the virus/bacteria
used to generate the vaccine. Viruses require living cells to grow
(hence the use of eggs or animal cells). The rest (gelatin, serum, etc)
are components of the media used to grow the cells. According to FDA
rules, before sale all of these components must be removed from the
vaccine. So listing them as ingredients is an out-and-out lie. Kinda
like listing "dirt" as an ingredient for bread. It was used to grow the
wheat, but isn't rpesent in the bread itself.

So, you're saying that the CDC is lying when it lists those ingredients
in the vaccines?

http://www.cdc.gov/nip/recs/contraindications_guide.pdf
If you'll read appendix A, you'll find that gelatin, egg protein, mouse
serum protein (ick!), lactose, sorbitol and yeast protein are listed.
Now, let me quote a specific sentence of notable mention:

"While these substances, except as noted above, are not specified by
the ACIP as contraindications to vaccination, providers should be aware
of substances contained in vaccines should they encounter a patient
with a known anaphylactic allergy."

But if they're removed, WHY would it be of any concern to anyone? The
fact is, the internet is filled with reports of reactions to the very
substances you're claiming are removed before sale. So, even if you
COULD provide evidence that it's removed before sale, the evidence
suggests that either these substances aren't fully removed or they're
getting back in to the vaccines before injection.

[...]

Yes, people who are now suffering from cancer as a result of the
tainted polio vaccine back in the early 1960s have nothing to worry
about when it comes to "various microbes." I was going to post a link
here, but I had too many to choose from. Google the words monkey virus
sv40 and take your pick.

Antibiotics: Used in the culture of viruses and some bacteria, to
prevent bacterial infections of the culture system. Due to the high
rates of antibiotic allergies among people the FDA requires that these
be removed before packaging. So it's not actually in the vaccine. Once
again you are lying about the contents of the vaccines...

Could you please show evidence that these things you're saying are
removed are, in fact, removed?

Sorbitol & lactose: Sugars. You eat these every day; they're found in
milk products, candy, and other sources. Perfectly safe. And usually
removed from the final product to help prevent bacterial growth in the
vaccine.

Sure you eat them. That doesn't mean they make it into your blood
stream in tact. It's the job of our digestive tract to make sure it's
broken down properly before entering the blood stream. You could eat a
candy bar. Does that mean you'd melt one and inject it into blood
stream?

Aluminum hydroxide (alum), polysorbate: Adjuvents. Required to make
the vaccine work. Without them you may as well inject water.

And you accuse others of lying. Aluminum hydroxide is used to increase
the production of antibodies. That doesn't mean no antibodies would be
produced without it.

Furthermore, some of the aluminum hydroxide ends up in the brain. I
don't know about you, but I don't want aluminum hydroxide in my child's
brain.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

Polysorbate is also a common ingredient in foods. These two compounds
are used as they are extremely safe at the doses used.

Ah the ever popular "at the doses used" routine. Never mind that if
you follow the recommended vaccination schedule, your child will
receive MANY times the dosage in a single shot. While looking for info
on polysorbate, I came across this page:

http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/...gredients.html

It lists several drawbacks of many of the ingredients we're talking
about here. I also found many web sites implicating polysorbate as a
potential carcinogen.

Animal/laboratory vaccines use much more potent adjuvents (freunds, for
example), but these are not used in people as the risk of a sever
reaction is too high. Making vaccines without adjuvents would be like
making bread without yeast.

That's probably a good analogy. Much better than "you may as well be
injecting water."

[...]

I'd be interested in reading your source for the information above.
Could you please post it?

Thimerosal: A mercury-containing preservative. There was some
suggestion in the 90's that thimerosal may cause autism or mercury
poisoning. Both of these have since been disproved - there is
absolutely no link between autism and vaccines what-so-every, and it
also been shown that the amount of free mercury (i.e. toxic mercury)
released from your average vaccine injection is about the same as the
amount of mercury you receive eating a tuna salad sandwich. Even so,
due to public pressure thermisol is being replaced in many vaccines with
alternative preservatives. When compared to the risk of the diseases
we're vaccinating against, worrying about the unlikely toxic effects of
this preservative is like worrying about second-hand smoke when your
trapped in a burning building.

I've posted plenty of evidence already debunking your above statement.
Search this group for my name and the word thimerosal. Some of the
mercury in thimerosal enters the brain and remains there for quite a
while. Again, I don't want mercury in the brains of my children.

Monosodium glutamate (MSG), aspartame: Amino-acid derivatives, derived
from glutamic acid and aspartic acid respectively. Used in the cell
culture stage to provide the cells with amino-acids required for cell
growth. Largely removed during processing, and can be used by our
bodies for the synthesis of proteins, or can be broken down for energy.
Also commonly used as food additives. There is a slight allergy risk
with MSG, hence why it is usually removed from the final product.

Heh... tell people who are allergic to it that it's slight. I've
spoken with many people who have almost lost their lives over eating a
meal they didn't know had MSG in it. Once again, can you provide
evidence that this is removed from the final product?

[...]

Now this is just blatant lying. Perhaps you'd like to take a look at
any of the many manufacturers' material safety data sheets (MSDS) on
thimerosal and reevaluate your position.

http://www.nomercury.org/msds.htm

A quote from the Eli Lilly 1991 MSDS:
"Warning: This product contains a chemical known to the State of
California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm."

How about what Merck says about thimerosal:
"Very toxic by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed.
DANGER OF CUMULATIVE EFFECTS!!!!!!! [emphasis added for effect.] Very
toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the
aquatic environment."

How about this?
"Immediately change contaminated clothing. Apply skin-protective
barrier cream. Wash hands and face after working with substance.
Under no circumstances eat or drink at workplace. Work under hood. Do
not inhale substance."

There are plenty of other quotes like that to be found on the page
cited. So, tell me again how it's "not even close to being toxic."

[...]

In your opinion, which is all you've posted here today.

Ironically, the #1 risk of taking vaccines - anaphylaxis - wasn't even
mentioned by you. Makes one wonder if you're even vaguely aware of how
vaccines or the immune system work. If you don't want to be vaccinated
that is your business, but you shouldn't be passing off these lies as
truth.

An ironic accusation, to say the least.

Although the fact that you use lies to push your agenda is a
pretty good indicator of just how honest you are, and speaks volumes
about the credibility of your arguments. At the end of the day vaccines
have saved millions of lives; you seem to want those people to die. why
is that?

I will not argue that vaccination has saved lives, but it has cost
lives as well. The thing is, there is ample evidence that proper
nutrition COULD have been used to save the same lives that vaccination
has saved, only without the potential negative side effects.

Old May 25th 06, 11:57 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.health,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology

Blood work from kids SHOULD have been taken within two to four hours, NOT
days
after vaccines, thimerosal crosses the blood brain barrier and is stored in
the
brain.

"Bryan Heit" wrote in message
john wrote:
"Bryan Heit" wrote in message Why does it say
25 mcg of neomycin on the package insert them?

Wowe, out of the thousands of vaccines out there you managed to find one
with an antibiotic. Oh, and the new MMR vaccines are now available with
or without the neomycin, so you can get around it if you want. Tha siad,
25mcg (micrograms) is a minimal amount, as in it is a trace contaminant;
about 1:1,000,000 what you would take in a single dose if treating an
infection. To put this into context there is nearly 1000x more sorbitol
(sugar) in the mix, and even that is in trace quantities compared to the
vaccine components themselves.

In the case of MMR, neomycin is there to prevent spoiling of the vaccine.
They're using it in place of another preservative such as thermacil.

At the end of the day vaccines have saved millions of lives; you seem to
want those people to die. why is that?

Study the real history, rather than flaunt your lies here
http://www.whale.to/vaccines/smallpox14.html

Why don't you try quoting science, instead of some fantasies made up by
people who don't know what they're talking about. Here's some basic
science literature which completely discounts the little lies on your
little webpage:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_DocSum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_DocSum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_DocSum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_DocSum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_DocSum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_DocSum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

Not to mention that the NIH, FDA, UN, CIHR, CID and pretty much every
other major health organization all are on the side of vaccinations.
That's tens of thousands of scientists, hundreds of thousands of doctors,
and hundreds of health organizations, all on the side of vaccination. All
against your what - 20 or 30 wackos?

Aluminum hydroxide ... These two compounds are used as they are extremely
safe at the doses used. Animal/laboratory vaccines use much more potent
adjuvents (freunds, for example), but these are not used in people as the
risk of a sever reaction is too high. Making vaccines without adjuvents
would be like making bread without yeast.

Vancouver neuroscientist Chris Shaw shows a link between the aluminum
hydroxide used in vaccines, and symptoms associated with Parkinson's,
amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease), and
Alzheimer's....."This is suspicious," he told the Georgia Straight in a
phone interview from his lab near Heather Street and West 12th Avenue.

Wow, yet another uncited claim by the anti-vaccine group. It's not at all
ironic that they've clamped onto a well known neurologist, and made claim
on his behalf that we cannot substantiate. But we can infer a lot from
his webpage and published articles. He has over 65 publications (search
pubmed.gov for "Shaw CA" for a complete list), NONE of which address, or
even mention, alum. And you'd think that with this ground breaking work
he'd a least mention it on his webpage, if not have several publications
on it (see link below for webpage).

http://www.neuraldynamicsubc.ca/sour...-all-chron.htm

The funny thing is that the issue of alum in vaccines has been well
studied, and there is:

1) No published studies linking alum to ALS or any other disorder. You
can confirm this yourself by searching the medical literature for this at
www.pubmed.gov

2) Alum was shown to be protective to the kidney:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

3) There are no scientific or medical reports demonstrating neurotoxicity
from the use of alum in vaccines. In fact, the only reports of toxicity
come from dialysis patients, whom often receive thousands of times the
amount of aluminum that vaccine recipients do - and the damage is
reversible:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

And one has to ask - if vaccines cause ALS then why, after nearly 100
years of the use of alum in vaccines, have the rates of ALS not changed?
Billions of people have been vaccinated - you'd think that with all those
people receiving alum there would be at least a small increase in ALS if
there was even the most tenuous link...

snip quote, which is probably faked, but purportivly from a real
scientist

"We have demonstrated the toxicity of thimerosal by using it to kill
neurons in culture.

Which is meaningless. I work with HIV, and kill it every day in petri
dishes. Almost anything works - ethanol, chlorine, leaving the lights on.
But NONE of these translate into biologically relevant data - you cannot
put enough ethanol or chlorine into a patient to cure HIV, nor can they
get enough sun. Same is true of the thermisal data you refer to - they
(Boyd Haley) dumped industrial doses of thermisal into a pteri dish, and
suprise!, things died. In addition, he hasn't published this data, which
makes one wonder just how valid the experiment was or if it was even
conducted. Problem is that there is no evidence that thimerosal is
neurotoxic to living orgnaisms at the doses used in vaccines. In fact,
all we really know comes from this work (see link below); long and short
is:

a) The models commonly used for meurcury posioning in the brian (i.e.
methyl meucury) are not valid for guaging the effects of thimerosal.

b) That thimerosal doesn't reach known toxic levels of other
meurcury-containing toxins under normal vaccine conditions, and

c) Given that thimerosal is less toxic then the toxins used to model
thimerosal dosage, it is highly unlikely that it is having any neurotoxic
effects.

http://pubmedcentral.com/articlerend...?artid=1280342

At 50 nanomolar thimerosal the neuron killing capacity/rate is about
doubled with the addition of levels of aluminium found in vaccines.

Your brain would never see this much, for the following reasions:

1) The TOTAL amount of thermisal in a vaccine is extremely small, and
administered to the whole body. A vaccine contains a mere 50 nanomolar
concentration in a dose of ~1ml. Which means, at worst, your body is
getting a total of 0.05 nanomoles thimerosal (50nmol/L * 0.001L =
0.05nmoles). Given that the human body has ~5L of blood in it, this
0.05nanomoles of thermisal will dilute in the blood to 0.01nmol/L
(0.05nmol/5L = 0.01nmol/L), which is 1/5000th the dose at which
neurotoxicity is claimed to occur. So unless you inject straight into the
brain you'll never even approach dangerous levels.

2) The brain is sealed off from the blood by the blood brain barrier. This
prevents the movement of nearly all molecules, including water, into the
brain. Anything which the brain needs is actively imported into the
brain. Since there is no thimerosal transporter in the blood brain
barrier, little thimerosal will ever reach the brain.

3) Thimerosal is rapidly excreted by the kidneys, so the period of
exposure is extremely short. The half life for thimerosal is ~7 days, a
mere fraction of the half life of known toxic forms of mercury (i.e.
methyl mercury).

Gupta RK, Relyveld EH.Adverse reactions after injection of adsorbed
diphtheria-pertussis-tetanus (DPT) vaccine are not due only to pertussis
organisms or pertussis components in the vaccine.
Vaccine. 1991 Oct;9(10):699-702. Review.PMID: 1759487; UI: 92101590

Way too look at up-to-date literature. That's only what, 15 years old?
I've got a bit of a suprise for you - we've made some advances since then.
That said, had you actually read the paper you just quoted you would have
seen that:

a) The adverse reactions to which the authors refer occurred in less then
1000 cases, and of those 1:1000 cases, less then 1% of those reactions
could be attributed to things other then the pertussis toxin.

b) The "adverse reactions" were almost entirely wheel-and-flair
reactions - i.e. a bit of swelling and pain at the point of injection.

Ironically, the same authors you just quoted are still active in the field
today, and now advocate a very different point of view. They now claim
that the major source of these adverse reactions is the presence of
"extra" bacterial components and toxins which are present in small
quantities after processing. They then point out (rightly) that a better
selection of antigens and better purification methods could reduce the
frequency of these adverse reactions. And even still, these "adverse"
reactions are largely limited to swelling and pain at the site of
infection. Not exactly a lethal side effect. And a hell of a lot better
then being infected with these pathogens.

Or in other words, higher purification of the vaccine components is
required, but the adjuvents we use are just fine.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

Read and learn...

Bryan

Old May 26th 06, 01:05 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.health,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology

Jan Drew wrote:
Blood work from kids SHOULD have been taken within two to four hours, NOT
days
after vaccines

What are you talking about? In terms of the papers I quoted, vis-a-vis
thimerosal in the brain, they looked at monkeys, not kids. And they
looked at multiple time points, after multiple injections. As for 2 to
4 hours, there is no significant reason to look at those time points.
Given the 1/2 life of Thimerosal in the brain (6.7 days), you wouldn't
see anything at these time points that would be significantly different
then at the 1 to 2 days they looked at.

, thimerosal crosses the blood brain barrier and is stored in
the
brain.

Wrong, and had you actually looked at the links I posted you would know
that. Thimerosal can only cross the BBB if it is carried across by a
carrier protein (i.e. gets transported across along with something
else), or if inflammation of the brain occurs. Secondly, thimerosal is
not stored within the brain tissue. It clears at a well defined
half-life of 6.7 days (had you read the paper you would have known
that). 6.7 days is a pretty standard half-life for many drugs and in no
way, shape, or form represents "storage" of the thimerosal in the brain.
If storage was occurring you would expect half-lives in the range of
weeks to months, like the half-life of known toxic mercury compounds
(i.e. methyl-mercury, half-life of 60 days).

The paper, again:

Old May 26th 06, 02:10 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology

Max C. wrote:

So, you're saying that the CDC is lying when it lists those ingredients
in the vaccines?

http://www.cdc.gov/nip/recs/contraindications_guide.pdf
If you'll read appendix A, you'll find that gelatin, egg protein, mouse
serum protein (ick!), lactose, sorbitol and yeast protein are listed.

The CDC is not lying, but those compound are present in trace amounts
(if you look at the FDA standards you'll see that the requirements are
usually less then 1ppm). It is physically impossible to remove 100% of
any chemical when purifying biological agents. But you'll note that
some of the things you claimed are in there - human embryonic cells for
example, are not listed by the CDC as components.

Also, what does it matter? None of those components are toxic to
people; in fact, of the ones you listed only one (mouse serum) is not a
regular part of most peoples diet. Gelatin is a part of your body (it
is a component of collagen), sorbitol is a sugar (ohh no, not sugar),
yeast proteins are in bread, beer, pastries, dough nuts, as are egg
proteins. That's quite a long list of toxins!

Now, let me quote a specific sentence of notable mention:
"While these substances, except as noted above, are not specified by
the ACIP as contraindications to vaccination, providers should be aware
of substances contained in vaccines should they encounter a patient
with a known anaphylactic allergy."

Which is why the CDC lists these as *trace* components of vaccines.
And, as I noted before, the concern IS NOT toxic effects of these
compounds, but rather allergic responses to them. And as I've posted
out before - the #1 allergic response is wheel-and-flare. A bit of
swelling and pain. A far cry from the death and destruction you preach.

Yes, people who are now suffering from cancer as a result of the
tainted polio vaccine back in the early 1960s have nothing to worry
about when it comes to "various microbes."

The vaccine was contaminated with another virus, new polio vaccines (and
all other vaccines) are no longer allowed to carry other pathogens.
Apparently this comes as a surprise to you, but both the standards for
vaccine purity and our ability to detect contamination have improved
dramatically. But hey, none of us are surprised that you're living 50
years in the past!

I was going to post a link
here, but I had too many to choose from. Google the words monkey virus
sv40 and take your pick.

Rather then using google, why not use a scientific search engine? That
way you'd get rid of all the crap on the net and limit yourself to the
medical literature. Try www.pubmed.gov for starters.

And a search of the medical literature shows that the link between SV40
and cancer is weak at best, and is highly controversial. But hey,
you've got your agenda, so we shouldn't be surprised that you presented
this as fact and not as a controversial idea which remain unproven. But
for people who want the real story:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

Sorbitol & lactose: Sugars. You eat these every day; they're found in
milk products, candy, and other sources. Perfectly safe. And usually
removed from the final product to help prevent bacterial growth in the
vaccine.

Sure you eat them. That doesn't mean they make it into your blood
stream in tact.
It's the job of our digestive tract to make sure it's
broken down properly before entering the blood stream.

Actually, simple sugars like sorbatol and lactose are directly imported
into your blood without modification. Your digestive tract does break
down polyshaccarides (complex sugars) via enzymes called amylases, but
the product of these enzymes are simple sugars - things like sorbatol,
lactose, glucose, sucrose, fructose, etc. All of these sugars are
directly metabolizable by our body without further modification.
Indeed, many of these sugars are injected into the blood of patients -
they are a common component of many IV products. They are alsop natural
components of the blood.

You could eat a
candy bar. Does that mean you'd melt one and inject it into blood
stream?

Of course not - the complex sugars, starches, proteins, etc, would be
problematic. But we're not talking about chocolate bars here; we're
talking about highly purified sugars which are normally found in your blood.

Aluminum hydroxide (alum), polysorbate: Adjuvents. Required to make
the vaccine work. Without them you may as well inject water.

And you accuse others of lying. Aluminum hydroxide is used to increase
the production of antibodies. That doesn't mean no antibodies would be
produced without it.

You need to read on what adjuvents do. An antigen (i.e. the chunk of
bacteria) is not enough to generate a protective immune response. You
need a "danger" signal at the same time to indicate to the immune system
that the antigen is dangerous. Without this danger signal your immune
system actually inhibits future responses to that antigen (a process
called anergy). This has the net effect of preventing, rather then
promoting, immune responses against pathogens. In fact, allergy
treatments work on this principal - you expose the body to the antigen
without a danger signal, in the hopes of teaching the immune system to
ignore the allergen. We're also trying to develop vaccines which could
be used to treat autoimmune disease (diabetes, MS, lupus) using the same
process. You can read more on this by searching for energy and
tolerance, or by picking up any basic immunology textbook.

In the case of alum, it serves two purposes. Firstly, it acts as the
danger signal I refered to. Secondly, it helps to inhibit the
dispersion of the antigen. This keeps the antigen in the injection site
longer, thus enhancing the size of the immune response.

Furthermore, some of the aluminum hydroxide ends up in the brain. I
don't know about you, but I don't want aluminum hydroxide in my child's
brain.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

True, but the levels seen in the brain were low, transient, and only
seen after the injection of relatively large amounts of alum. And given
the choice between my child brain being exposed to a bit of alum, verses
my child dying from polio, mumps, measles, hepatitus, etc, I'll take the
alum.

Polysorbate is also a common ingredient in foods. These two compounds
are used as they are extremely safe at the doses used.

Ah the ever popular "at the doses used" routine. Never mind that if
you follow the recommended vaccination schedule, your child will
receive MANY times the dosage in a single shot.

Which is taken into account when they add these components to vaccines.
The scientists and doctors who design vaccine schedules are not
idiots, and the whole schedule is designed around getting optimum
immunization with minimal toxic effects.

While looking for info
on polysorbate, I came across this page:

http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/...gredients.html

I'd question the validity of this source, seeing as it comes from an
anti-vaccine source. Here's a MSDS on polysorbate, which has accurate
info on toxicity and routs of ingestion for polysorbate-80, the form
used in vaccines:

http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/t7683.htm

You'll notice that the listed risks are mild irritation, with the
exception of ingestion of large amounts, which can cause diarrhea...

There is also no published scientific data claiming that polysorbate-80
is a carcinogen, although it does appear to be useful in delivering
anti-cancer drugs to tumors. Once again, I'd direct you to pubmed.gov
if you want to check yourself.

It lists several drawbacks of many of the ingredients we're talking
about here. I also found many web sites implicating polysorbate as a
potential carcinogen.

Webpages are fine, if reality isn't a concern. If you want the real
story you need to look at the medical literature. There is a lot of
medical material on the net; most of it is wrong. www.pubmed.gov is an
excellent search engine for looking specifically at the medical
literature. I've heard that Google scholar also does a good job,
although I have no first hand experience.

That's probably a good analogy. Much better than "you may as well be
injecting water."

Either way you don't get bread/immunity.

Phenol, formaldehyde, 2-phenoxyethenol: Organic compounds used in the
preparation/preservation of the vaccine. Toxic at high doses, but
present in vaccines in trace amounts. Some are produced by our bodies,
particularly in the liver. As an example, your liver produces trace
amounts of formaldehyde as a natural part of it's metabolism (usually
during the breakdown of alcohol-containing compounds). Every 3 hours
your liver will produce about the same amount of formaldehyde that is
present in an vaccine. You'll recieve more phenol from living in a
house with carpets then you will recieve from vaccines (phenol is a
common ingredient of carpet glue).

Which part? The stuff on the formation of formaldehyde is readily found
in any biochemistry textbook; I don't have a specific link for that as
it is just stuff I know and use on a day-to-day basis (I'm a molecular
biologist). It's actually the mechanism of methanol poisoning - the
enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase converts the alcohol group on methanol into
an aldehyde group, thus forming formaldehyde. The formaldehyde is what
is toxic, not the methanol. Formaldehyde is also produced any time your
liver breaks down a methanol side-group. For example (you'll need
monospaced type for this):

CH3-CH-CH3 (isobutanol) ---------------------- CH3-CH-CH3
| ALCOHOL DEHYDROGENASE |
CH2OH CH2O

------------- CH3-CH2-CH3 (propanol) + CH2O (formaldehyde)
HYDROGENATION

As for the carpet glue, it's a major concern. There is a lot of medical
lit out there about the risks of long-term exposure to these chemicals,
with flooring being identified as the major source. Pubmed.gov again...

I'd be interested in reading your source for the information above.
Could you please post it?

As I said, it's basic biochemistry. Any biochem book should cover the
basics. I did a quick google, and this is the best simple description I
could find, from molecule of the month:

http://pdbdev.sdsc.edu:48346/pdb/molecules/pdb13_1.html

I've posted plenty of evidence already debunking your above statement.

No, you've posted links to a bunch of anti-vaccine and conspiracy pages.
That hardly constitutes proof. Try providing us with a bit of science
- I linked to multiple medical papers about this topic; one must wonder
why you cannot provide the same quality of proof.

There are plenty of other quotes like that to be found on the page
cited. So, tell me again how it's "not even close to being toxic."

Firstly, dose, dose, dose. Even water is toxic if you drink enough.
As is table salt (who's MSDS reads a lot like the one you posted).
Spilling thimerosal on your skin is not going to kill you - bathing in
it may be a good idea. And also, you really need to get more recent
sources for your info, here's the MSDS (2005 version) for thimerosal
from a reputable university:

http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/TH/thimerosal.html

You'll notice it has codes for "harmful by inhalation" (R20) and
"harmful by ingestion" (R22). But only is stated that it may be harmful
through skin contact. You'll also notice that the lethal doses are
quite high - in the range of 40-100mg/kg. Table salt is almost as
toxic. Now the first thing you're going to do is ask why there is such
a big difference between you're older MSDS and this newer one. The
answer is simple - often they don't have all the info they need, so they
simply put in the strongest warnings they feel is necessary. Often,
this is based on related chemicals. But as more an more is found out
about a compound the MSDS gets updated. Hence why you really need to
look at sources which are a little newer then the ones you tend to post.

Although the fact that you use lies to push your agenda is a
pretty good indicator of just how honest you are, and speaks volumes
about the credibility of your arguments. At the end of the day vaccines
have saved millions of lives; you seem to want those people to die. why
is that?

I will not argue that vaccination has saved lives, but it has cost
lives as well. The thing is, there is ample evidence that proper
nutrition COULD have been used to save the same lives that vaccination
has saved, only without the potential negative side effects.

Really? Please provide ONE SINGLE SCIENTIFIC article proving that
nutrition is as effective as vaccination. I've heard that line before,
and yet none of you "nutrition is god" people have ever been able to
post single link which demonstrates this scientifically. Anecdotal
links need not reply. I can provide anecdotal evidence that Elvis is
still around and kicking - doesn't make it true.

Bryan
Old May 26th 06, 02:14 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.health,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology

Jan Drew wrote:
Whew...

A lot of claims there.

Care to prove EACH and EVERY one??

Firstly, I provided more outside links then you did. Secondly, I've
provided lots of links to actual medical literature in this, and other
posts. You can also do a lot of the legwork yourself - www.pubmed.gov
is an excellent source for finding scientific papers within the medical
field. Sorry, you'll find none of your anti-vaccine conspiracy material
there...

For someone posting from:

The University of Calgary

You really should learn how to spell!!

Why? I'm posting to the net, not writing a thesis! And if that's the
best you can do to "disprove" my claims then you've got a long way's to go.

Get updated.

Grow a brain

Bryan
Old May 26th 06, 03:04 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology

Bryan,

Since you're new here, I feel compelled to inform you that your use of
logic, rationale and facts are not suitable for the anti-vac wackos.
You need to learn to use more disparaging comments, obfuscation, and
lies - those seem to be the only things they understand.