PE scare

Old December 7th 03, 08:26 PM
Daye

Default PE scare

Hello all...

Well, yesterday (Sunday) I went to the doctor convinced that I had the
onset of pre-eclampsia. I had severe pre-eclampsia with my first, and
I am very scared that I am going to get it again. (I am aware that
because I had it with one doesn't mean that I will get it with #2.) I
didn't have PE!

At 8 months pregnant, my hands have recently started swelling. I had
to take off my wedding ring because it was getting difficult to get it
on and off, and I was afraid of it getting stuck. Actually not bad
considering that my wedding ring came off with #1 when I was only 5
months pregnant.

Then yesterday, I had a migraine. I get migraines. However, the pain
was really bad, and it didn't seem to be going away. So, I told my DH
that I thought I was getting pre-eclampsia again. He suggested we go
to a doctor and get my urine and BP checked.

We called my doctor's office. It is only open for 1 hour on Sunday
between 10am-11am. Luckily, we caught the doctor before he left for
the day. He told us to come right in. So we did.

He checked my BP and urine. Urine was clear, and BP was normal for me
-- 90/60. I have always had really low BP. No other signs of PE.
Doctor said it was probably just a regular migraine. If the migraine
didn't go away to back in the first part of the week. Otherwise, he
wants me to come back at the end of the week.

So, I went home, and on the doctor's advice, I took more medication
for the migraine. I slept for 2 hours, and when I woke up, the
migraine was basically gone. It did come back in the evening, but
this morning, all signs of the migraine are gone.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old December 8th 03, 10:18 AM

Daye wrote in message . ..

He checked my BP and urine. Urine was clear, and BP was normal for me
-- 90/60. I have always had really low BP. No other signs of PE.

Hooray and happy dance! I'm *so* pulling for you to avoid it this
time. (I ran into a woman IRL who had it with all four of her
pregnancies, with two deliveries at 34 weeks and two at term. Made me
more paranoid.)

I'm curious; did they do a placental artery scan for you, or put you
on aspirin?

--
C, mama to one year old nursling

A bad scare Naomi Rivkis Pregnancy 18 December 2nd 03 05:18 PM
Spotting-what a scare! SMK Pregnancy 13 October 17th 03 08:36 PM
Bit of a scare Ilse Witch Pregnancy 8 October 14th 03 03:03 PM
I had a bit of a scare last night Taniwha grrrl Pregnancy 3 September 2nd 03 10:53 PM