Ch-ch-ch-changes

Old March 12th 04, 07:06 AM
melbgal1

Default Ch-ch-ch-changes

So, we now have a chair in the bathroom.
I don't mind walking, but I get exhausted standing stationary.

Doing hair and makeup for work ( and i'm not a gal that goes overboard -
my whole routine including showering, dressing, hair & makeup is only
30mins ) has become a bit of a chore. So now I sit to do the makeup bit
and peer into a small mirror ( the one I bought to take to hospital,
actually

I also need to take breaks from preparing veges etc for dinner ( I cut
and slice, dice etc standing up with a board by the sink ). It's so
exhausting !! ) SO I chop the carrots, take a break, chop the onions,
take a break etc I suppose I could take all the food over to the
kitchen table and do the lot sitting down, but that somehow seems so
much harder

--
Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
EDD: 10-Apr-2004
Old March 12th 04, 12:02 PM
Mary Gordon

30 minutes for shower, makeup, hair and makeup????

Honey, thats about to change! That would be an eon for a working mom.
Like, the only time I spend that long getting beautiful is when I'm
going to a very fancy occasion (and gee, that happens often...NOT!)
Mary G.
Mom of three, 10 minutes flat (and yes, I do blow dry and put makeup
on) and then scamper downstairs to feed the brood.
Old March 12th 04, 01:03 PM
Sophie

"Mary Gordon" wrote in message
om...
30 minutes for shower, makeup, hair and makeup????

I'm quite sure she doesn't mean 30 solid minutes. I take 10-15 minutes to
shower and get dressed, then I go make a kid's lunch, drinks, watch the
headlines, then go back to my bathroom to do my contacts, make-up, and hair
which probably takes 10 minutes. So that's 20-25 minutes - not all at once.
Why is that a lot?

Old March 12th 04, 01:03 PM
Sophie

"melbgal1" wrote in message
t...

[...]

Sorry, I replied to the reply, but not your post. I'm the same way. I have
to sit a lot, in-between whatever I'm doing or I get hot and dizzy.

Old March 12th 04, 01:05 PM
Donna

"Mary Gordon" wrote in message
om...
30 minutes for shower, makeup, hair and makeup????

Honey, thats about to change! That would be an eon for a working mom.

That is an eon for a stay at home mom, too. Can you say three and a
half minutes, including a quick facial buffing and a hairwash with
conditioner?

Like, the only time I spend that long getting beautiful is when I'm
going to a very fancy occasion (and gee, that happens often...NOT!)
Mary G.
Mom of three, 10 minutes flat (and yes, I do blow dry and put makeup
on) and then scamper downstairs to feed the brood.

It's amazing how fast a shower becomes when you have at least one child
pressed against the bathroom door, keening miserably.

Donna (dreaming of the time when the kids will be able to make their own
breakfasts. Or am I kidding myself?)

Old March 12th 04, 02:04 PM
Carol Ann

:: So, we now have a chair in the bathroom.
:: I don't mind walking, but I get exhausted standing stationary.
::
:: Doing hair and makeup for work ( and i'm not a gal that goes overboard -
:: my whole routine including showering, dressing, hair & makeup is only
:: 30mins ) has become a bit of a chore. So now I sit to do the makeup bit
:: and peer into a small mirror ( the one I bought to take to hospital,
:: actually

I added a chair in my bathroom a couple weeks ago. I, too, found I had to
sit alot more.

I also can't work at the liquor store for very long even though all I do is
sit! I think I wear myself out just getting ready in the morning. I tend
to take a long time now.....I refuse to leave the house without being kempt.

:: I also need to take breaks from preparing veges etc for dinner ( I cut
:: and slice, dice etc standing up with a board by the sink ). It's so
:: exhausting !! ) SO I chop the carrots, take a break, chop the onions,
:: take a break etc I suppose I could take all the food over to the
:: kitchen table and do the lot sitting down, but that somehow seems so
:: much harder

I don't even cook. Kevin does it for us. Last nite, we had pizza.

Hang in there!!

~Carol Ann
EDD Mar 22

Old March 12th 04, 11:02 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

melbgal1 wrote:

I also need to take breaks from preparing veges etc for dinner ( I cut
and slice, dice etc standing up with a board by the sink ). It's so
exhausting !! ) SO I chop the carrots, take a break, chop the onions,
take a break etc I suppose I could take all the food over to the
kitchen table and do the lot sitting down, but that somehow seems so
much harder

Would it help to buy stuff that's already chopped? I just saw some in
the grocery store today. You can buy fresh, chopped onions, celery, and
carrots. You can also get cauliflower and broccoli that are already
separated. I don't know if grocery stores near you offer this kind of
stuff, though, but it might be worth trying to find.

Old March 12th 04, 11:42 PM
toypup

"Vicky Bilaniuk" wrote in message
melbgal1 wrote:

I also need to take breaks from preparing veges etc for dinner ( I cut
and slice, dice etc standing up with a board by the sink ). It's so
exhausting !! ) SO I chop the carrots, take a break, chop the onions,
take a break etc I suppose I could take all the food over to the
kitchen table and do the lot sitting down, but that somehow seems so
much harder

Would it help to buy stuff that's already chopped? I just saw some in
the grocery store today. You can buy fresh, chopped onions, celery, and
carrots. You can also get cauliflower and broccoli that are already
separated. I don't know if grocery stores near you offer this kind of
stuff, though, but it might be worth trying to find.

I'd eat more fruits and veggies if I could find them prepared for me. See
how lazy I am? I'm willing to pay extra, too.