Questions about water and juice

Old September 3rd 03, 05:27 PM
Rob and Laura

Default Questions about water and juice

I have just started to give Izabella a little bit of water in a bottle just
maybe once a day or every other day. I am just wanting to know if this is
alright.

Her Pedi told me i could also try diluted juices with her now, like half and
half, half juice half water, is this alright as well?

I am new to this and been wondering if what I am feeding her and am going to
be giving her is alright. She is almost 7 months old. I almost wish I knew
where to find guidelines as to what shes suppose to be eating and drinking
(if anything)

--
Laura
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

Old September 3rd 03, 05:46 PM
Anne Rogers

I wouldn't give juice, it is associated with a risk of tooth decay, plus
it gets baby used to drinking something sweet. I would give some water to
drink and fruit as a puree, moving on to lumpier versions and wedges as
finger food. I think I am right in saying you shouldn't give a water
before solid food or breastfeeding as it fills the tummy and they don't
eat enough.

Old September 3rd 03, 06:37 PM
Mary W.

Rob and Laura wrote:

I have just started to give Izabella a little bit of water in a bottle just
maybe once a day or every other day. I am just wanting to know if this is
alright.

Her Pedi told me i could also try diluted juices with her now, like half and
half, half juice half water, is this alright as well?

I am new to this and been wondering if what I am feeding her and am going to
be giving her is alright. She is almost 7 months old. I almost wish I knew
where to find guidelines as to what shes suppose to be eating and drinking
(if anything)

We didn't give water or juice in a bottle, we used a sippy cup. You could offer
it during meals when she's getting solids. Its fine to give some if you'd like
(and
if she's eating a bit of solids, probably a good idea). I'd probably dilute the
juice
more than have and half (1/4 to 3/4 water), at this age if you wanted to give
it at all. DD (now two) still gets her juice 1/2 and 1/2 (she gets juice with
breakfast,
the rest of the time she drinks water or milk).

Mary

Old September 3rd 03, 06:45 PM
Emily Roysdon

Rob and Laura wrote:
I have just started to give Izabella a little bit of water in a bottle just
maybe once a day or every other day. I am just wanting to know if this is
alright.

Her Pedi told me i could also try diluted juices with her now, like half and
half, half juice half water, is this alright as well?

I am new to this and been wondering if what I am feeding her and am going to
be giving her is alright. She is almost 7 months old. I almost wish I knew
where to find guidelines as to what shes suppose to be eating and drinking
(if anything)

I'd give water in a sippy cup, but then we never had a need for bottles.
My kids are 3 and 5, and their beverage of choice is water in a cup or
sports bottle (mine as well.) I never saw juice as necessary or
apporpriate for my children, and certainly not when they were babies.
"Juice" is something they get at a birthday party, and they don't
complain about that at all.

JME,

Emily

Old September 3rd 03, 07:02 PM
iphigenia

Rob and Laura wrote:
I have just started to give Izabella a little bit of water in a
bottle just maybe once a day or every other day. I am just wanting to
know if this is alright.

If she's eating solid food, then a little water is fine.

Her Pedi told me i could also try diluted juices with her now, like
half and half, half juice half water, is this alright as well?

Juice is basically candy. There's no need for it. I've only recently started
giving juice to my two-year-old, and this only because he doesn't have many
calcium sources, so I give him calcium-fortified OJ.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old September 3rd 03, 07:35 PM
Laurie

Rob and Laura wrote in message ...
I have just started to give Izabella a little bit of water in a bottle just
maybe once a day or every other day. I am just wanting to know if this is
alright.

Her Pedi told me i could also try diluted juices with her now, like half

and
half, half juice half water, is this alright as well?

I am new to this and been wondering if what I am feeding her and am going

be giving her is alright. She is almost 7 months old. I almost wish I knew
where to find guidelines as to what shes suppose to be eating and drinking
(if anything)

I personally think it's a little young for juice, there's no real need for
it. I think I started Jess on occasional juice at around 9 months, which is
still youngish.....but if you do give it, diluted to half strentgh is good.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 29 months
and Christopher, 4 months

*This email address is now valid*

Old September 3rd 03, 08:37 PM
Sue

Water is fine now that she is eating solids. I wouldn't bother with the
juice as it is not good nutrionally. I believe on Dr. Sears website, there
is a guideline for solids.
--
Sue
mom to three girls

le.rogers.com...

Old September 4th 03, 02:26 PM
Chookie

In article ,
Daye wrote:

I would not worry too much about giving her juice. There is very little
nutritional value in it. They are loaded in sugar.

Are you talking about the naturally occuring sugar or added sugar?

They mean the natural sugars. Once you have extracted all the fibre from the
fruit and dehydrated the juice, there's not much left to reconstitute except
the sugars!

Eating an orange is better than drinking a glass of OJ, if you are looking at
overall nutritive value.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990

Asthma trigger in childrens juice drinks CWatters Kids Health 1 May 27th 04 06:09 PM
water makes me ill Elitsirk Pregnancy 27 February 19th 04 03:43 PM
At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM
Watery poops and potty training Tanya General 9 December 3rd 03 11:09 PM
camphybacter jejeuni [email protected] Pregnancy 6 October 21st 03 03:46 PM