Boy/Girl Anatomy - Ack! They are asking!!!

Old June 24th 04, 03:55 PM
looneybird

Default Boy/Girl Anatomy - Ack! They are asking!!!

"Chotii" wrote in message
.. .

These are your private parts. You may touch them if you
like, but do it in private, nobody needs to see that. Nobody else is

allowed
to touch them except mommy or daddy if you ask because something hurts, or
the doctor at an appointment if mommy or daddy is there."

Very good way to explain this topic.

Old June 24th 04, 05:42 PM
Megan Byrne

Oh, no, I was totally being sarcastic, looneybird!!
Why do we get so uncomfortable about this issue? It's sorta
funny....especially me, with all I went through with IF and everyone and
their brother down in my "privates", LOL, you would think I would have
any easier time saying the actual words!

Megan~
Mommy to
Aidan & Alexis born 9/28/02
Twin Angels..
baby boy 6/20/01 (18 weeks)
baby girl 7/1/01 (20 weeks)

www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aidannalexis

Old June 24th 04, 05:45 PM
Megan Byrne

Default Boy/Girl Anatomy - Ack! They are asking!!!-Another Q

Speaking of privates.....my kids are not really talking yet, so like I
said, I am not dealing with what to call anything, but there is
something elsethat is making me uncomfortable. Everytime I change my 21
mo. old daughter, she sticks whatever toy that she is playing with "down
there". Is this normal behavior? Just exploring I guess?

Old June 24th 04, 05:52 PM
Frisbee®

looneybird wrote:
"Gummy Joe" wrote in message
. com...
Vagina.

Or "bagina".

Either way, this is not a real problem!

Okay Joe, I started to reply thinking that you were probably a troll.
But I stopped myself and decided to google you. Seems that you have
posted a lot on usenet and from anything recent, it doesn't seem
that you're trollish. And, you've even posted once before on this
board about infant gas.

Glad you gave him the benefit of the doubt. Unless I'm wrong about the
other replies, looks like he might be the only male who replied.

Looks like your kids are very young, so for you to say this "isn't a
problem" is premature... unless, of course you have older children.
In that case, I still wouldn't agree with you.

Well, you probably won't agree with me, either, then. My boys are six.
Don't have any daughters.

Also, it seems that you didn't read my entire post, because I clearly
stated that "vagina" was *not* the appropriate term here. We are
talking about urination and nothing else. I think I speak for all of
us females here... we don't pee via our vaginas.

I really don't see the hang-up here, unless it's just something you can't
seem to get past.

Why is vagina such an awful word? The child is not wondering where babies
come from yet, just wanting to know what to call a particular part of their
anatomy.

Maybe this question might be better asked a pediatrician, if it's really all
that important to you.

I was going to blast you for being insensitive, but I won't. You
will know what I'm talking about soon enough and I hope you revisit
this thread at that time... because I think you'll need the advice
too!

I don't think his reply warranted blasting. I don't mean to upset you, but
to me it seems that you're the one with issues.

--
Fris "Am I going to regret replying here?" bee®, MCNGP #13

The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
http://www.mcngp.tk

Certaholics