Finally: an organic-milk formula

Old January 14th 04, 12:46 AM
Chotii

Default Finally: an organic-milk formula

You know, people have asked about this stuff here sometimes, for when their
kids have to go into daycare and they can't pump enough, or whatever. I
*finally* saw a Horizon brand organic cow's milk formula, suitable for
babies birth-12 months, at the grocery store. $17 for a can of the stuff! I
wondered how long before somebody came up with some. I wonder who will shell
out the bucks.

--angela

Old January 14th 04, 06:49 PM
H Schinske

Angela wrote:

$17 for a can of the stuff! I
wondered how long before somebody came up with some. I wonder who will shell
out the bucks.

Rich adoptive parents?

--Helen
Old January 14th 04, 06:58 PM
Denise Anderson

"H Schinske" wrote in message
Angela wrote:

$17 for a can of the stuff! I
wondered how long before somebody came up with some. I wonder who will

shell
out the bucks.

Rich adoptive parents?

--Helen

We had to pay that much for Alimentum If they could make an organic
hypoallergenic formula, I'd shell out that much if I ever needed it again.

Old January 15th 04, 09:44 PM
calliaz

Chotii wrote:

You know, people have asked about this stuff here sometimes, for when their
kids have to go into daycare and they can't pump enough, or whatever. I
*finally* saw a Horizon brand organic cow's milk formula, suitable for
babies birth-12 months, at the grocery store. $17 for a can of the stuff! I
wondered how long before somebody came up with some. I wonder who will shell
out the bucks.

--angela

I pay it. Well, we actually pay $29.99 for the larger can.
It's worth the extra cost to us to buy organic. We aren't
rich, but we can tough it out until DS is ready to move
towards whole milk.

We've had it here for at least 3 months.

Jennifer in AZ
Former EPer for Carter, 11 months
Old January 15th 04, 11:11 PM
news.39311

Yes organic is pricey, but consider this... you get stuff without added
hormones! No bovine leukemia (which is in most of the conventional milk).

My friend's daughter started developing VERY early (7 yrs old). She then
started getting dark hair on her chin. The dr. diagnosed that she had been
assimilating a hormone that was present in beef and milk. It causes weird
hormonal stuff, and it also causes children's bones to fuse EARLY which
causes problems as they try to grow.

Anyway, it probably costs an extra $4000 per year for us to go organic, but
I just can't accept the nasty things they are feeding and doing to animals.
It just gets passed on to those who eat them! Try www.notmilk.com.

Old January 16th 04, 03:25 PM
Andrea

"news.39311" wrote in message ...

Yes organic is pricey, but consider this... you get stuff without added
hormones! No bovine leukemia (which is in most of the conventional milk).

My friend's daughter started developing VERY early (7 yrs old). She then
started getting dark hair on her chin. The dr. diagnosed that she had

been
assimilating a hormone that was present in beef and milk. It causes weird
hormonal stuff, and it also causes children's bones to fuse EARLY which
causes problems as they try to grow.

Anyway, it probably costs an extra $4000 per year for us to go organic,

but
I just can't accept the nasty things they are feeding and doing to

animals.
It just gets passed on to those who eat them! Try www.notmilk.com.

Wow interesting link. It has certainly given me food for thought!

I was thinking just the other day how it's weird humans drink cows milk.

Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 7 months still nursing strong
with 4 teeth!