Rate Your Family Law Attorney

Old February 11th 04, 08:53 PM
Montie Roland

Default Rate Your Family Law Attorney

Hey Fellow Single Parents!

I just wanted to let you know that there is now a way (free) for
single parents to rate how good of a job that your attorney did. Its
at

www.ncsingleparent.com

Its primarily aimed at NC, but I'll be happy to expaned it to areas
where there is interest. If you get a chance, take a look and let me
know what you think.

My e-mail is:

BTW -- I"m

- single parent
- have 2 girls (ages 6 and 10)
- member of the Raleigh-Durham NC, PWP Chapter
- enjoy mountain biking and computer games
- personal website is
www.montie.com

Have a great day!
Montie
Old February 12th 04, 07:00 AM
occupant

I haven't visited the site which I may do, but the very thought that you
have a subject line "rate your family law attorney, is scary. To hire a
lawyer means that 1/3 of the family assets go to the lawyers involved to
pay the legal fees and suggests that one was not successful at resolving
their differences with a person they have spent loving and living with
for many, many years and personally chose as a partner.

Having said that, everyone is entitled to a legal position.

I have several questions for a non-custodial parent.
husband's age.
wife's age.
number of children of the relationship
ages of the children of the realationship under 18
years married or living common-law
income of wife.
income of husband.
employment of wife and medical/pension benefits/years employed.
employment of husband and medical/pension benefits/years employed.
rent/own residence.
itemized monthly expenses of each spouse.

Now I appreciate that this is not something public for the net, but
effecively it is all that any judge or adjudicator really needs to know
and it is something non-custodial parents never talk/whine about but is
very, very relevant.

It is what it comes down to whether pay a lawyer or not.

Always remember that it really doesn't matter that much, unless you are
a millionaire, how good or bad your lawyer is, except that bad ones
charge as much as good ones, but it is always the credability of the
witness or clients. In other words, if you hire the best lawyer in your
town and you don't tell the truth or colour the truth, you can and
probably will lose big time. On the other hand you can have the worst
lawyer in town and if you tell the truth and are reasonable and fair in
your requests, you will probably do very, very well.

Divorced or separated people always want to tell you about how bad their
spouse is or was, but the rest of the world, myself included, is really
interested in how they met, how long they knew each other before they
got married, how well they knew other immediate members of the family,
why they got married, what thy had in common, and on it goes. That is
the real story.

Old March 10th 04, 02:40 PM
montie

Hi Kate,

If you would like to rate an attorney in another state, just let me know the state and county and I'll add it to the list.

Thanks for the compliment on the website!

Montie