Prime example of why I hate other parents...

Old August 13th 06, 03:21 AM posted to misc.kids
Banty

Default Prime example of why I hate other parents...

In article .com, Barbara
says...

-L. wrote:
0tterbot wrote:

ho hum. it's a zoo issue. this type of thing goes hand in hand with ZOOS,
not with "parents". when you've actually been a parent for more than three
seconds yourself,

**** you. Too bad you don't know thew truth, because it makes you look
like an ass.

you might eventually develop an idea of that for which you
are ultimately responsible and can control, and that which you can only do
your best.

If any animal bites any child, it's *always* the parents' fault. No
ifs, ands, or buts.

How absurd.

From just a 2 minute web search:

http://www.nbc5.com/news/4466937/det...%3Cbr%2 0/%3E

Three year-old girl was on steps outside a home that housed a candy
store when a dog pushed its way out the door and attacked her.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/stor...p-349719c.html

Boy riding tricycle on sidewalk when dog escapes from pen and attacks
him,

What did these parents do wrong? Are you blaming them for allowing
their children to be outside?

I bet those kids didn't have their cellphones with them...

Banty

Old August 13th 06, 03:43 AM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On 12 Aug 2006 19:21:38 -0700, Banty wrote:

I bet those kids didn't have their cellphones with them...

Banty

LOL, you're incorrigible :-)

Nan

Old August 13th 06, 03:51 AM posted to misc.kids
user

-L. wrote:
0tterbot wrote:

ho hum. it's a zoo issue. this type of thing goes hand in hand with ZOOS,
not with "parents". when you've actually been a parent for more than three
seconds yourself,

**** you. Too bad you don't know thew truth, because it makes you look
like an ass.

you might eventually develop an idea of that for which you
are ultimately responsible and can control, and that which you can only do
your best.

If any animal bites any child, it's *always* the parents' fault. No
ifs, ands, or buts.

How absurd.

From just a 2 minute web search:

http://www.nbc5.com/news/4466937/det...%3Cbr%2 0/%3E

Three year-old girl was on steps outside a home that housed a candy
store when a dog pushed its way out the door and attacked her.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/stor...p-349719c.html

Boy riding tricycle on sidewalk when dog escapes from pen and attacks
him,

What did these parents do wrong? Are you blaming them for allowing
their children to be outside?

I bet those kids didn't have their cellphones with them...

You are just evil, sometimes. ;-)

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
http://www.mulveyfamily.com/kids

Old August 13th 06, 04:40 AM posted to misc.kids
Barbara

Banty wrote:
In article .com, Barbara
says...

-L. wrote:
0tterbot wrote:

ho hum. it's a zoo issue. this type of thing goes hand in hand with ZOOS,
not with "parents". when you've actually been a parent for more than three
seconds yourself,

**** you. Too bad you don't know thew truth, because it makes you look
like an ass.

you might eventually develop an idea of that for which you
are ultimately responsible and can control, and that which you can only do
your best.

If any animal bites any child, it's *always* the parents' fault. No
ifs, ands, or buts.

How absurd.

From just a 2 minute web search:

http://www.nbc5.com/news/4466937/det...%3Cbr%2 0/%3E

Three year-old girl was on steps outside a home that housed a candy
store when a dog pushed its way out the door and attacked her.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/stor...p-349719c.html

Boy riding tricycle on sidewalk when dog escapes from pen and attacks
him,

What did these parents do wrong? Are you blaming them for allowing
their children to be outside?

I bet those kids didn't have their cellphones with them...

Banty

Yes, and I'll also bet that both they and their parents were glad that
there was a phone easily accessible so that they could summon medical
attention. Of course I'm sure everything would have been just fine if
they'd had to walk several blocks to locate a pay phone, or had to
explain their need for a phone to a gatekeeper who could determine
whether or not it really was an emergency.

Barbara

Old August 13th 06, 04:41 AM posted to misc.kids
Barbara

Banty wrote:
In article .com, Barbara
says...

-L. wrote:
0tterbot wrote:

ho hum. it's a zoo issue. this type of thing goes hand in hand with ZOOS,
not with "parents". when you've actually been a parent for more than three
seconds yourself,

**** you. Too bad you don't know thew truth, because it makes you look
like an ass.

you might eventually develop an idea of that for which you
are ultimately responsible and can control, and that which you can only do
your best.

If any animal bites any child, it's *always* the parents' fault. No
ifs, ands, or buts.

How absurd.

From just a 2 minute web search:

Old August 13th 06, 05:13 AM posted to misc.kids
L.

Barbara wrote:

How absurd.

From just a 2 minute web search:

http://www.nbc5.com/news/4466937/det...%3Cbr%2 0/%3E

Three year-old girl was on steps outside a home that housed a candy
store when a dog pushed its way out the door and attacked her.

Where were her parents? My kid sure as hell doesn't sit outside
unattended, especially in front of a home where a known vicious dog
lives. "Neighbors said it wasn't the first time the dog has been
violent." So in other words, the parents simply don't give a ****
about the kid and let her hang around a home where there is a pitbull
known to bite humans. It's really elementary, Babs.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/stor...p-349719c.html

Boy riding tricycle on sidewalk when dog escapes from pen and attacks
him,

Where were the parents? The Grandparents did notuing to stop the
attack. The parents knew there was a vicious rotty living NEXTDOOR,
yet allow the children outside with no means of defense. Natural
selection at work.

What did these parents do wrong?

Is it really *that* hard to understand, barbara? **** doesn't just
"happen". Do you allow your preschoolers outside unattended where
viscious dogs are known to live?

Are you blaming them for allowing
their children to be outside?

Do you really have to ask that question? Parents have the
responsibility to keep their children SAFE. That normally doesn't
include allowing them in the vicinity of vicious dogs known to bite.
Well, that is, if the parents have half a brain cell....

-L.

Old August 13th 06, 05:31 AM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On 12 Aug 2006 21:13:41 -0700, "L." wrote:

Barbara wrote:

How absurd.

From just a 2 minute web search:

http://www.nbc5.com/news/4466937/det...%3Cbr%2 0/%3E

Three year-old girl was on steps outside a home that housed a candy
store when a dog pushed its way out the door and attacked her.

Where were her parents? My kid sure as hell doesn't sit outside
unattended, especially in front of a home where a known vicious dog
lives. "Neighbors said it wasn't the first time the dog has been
violent." So in other words, the parents simply don't give a ****
about the kid and let her hang around a home where there is a pitbull
known to bite humans. It's really elementary, Babs.

tsk, tsk.
The girl was there presumably because the person that owned the dog
operated a CANDY STORE. Gosh, ya think a CANDY STORE would be a place
kids might go to?
I'll assume the parents were somewhere close at hand, unlike you.

[...]

Hmmmm.... the grandparents were taking the children for a walk in
their own neighborhood. Seems pretty damn reasonable to me.

Nan
Old August 13th 06, 05:42 AM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

Banty wrote:

In article .com, Barbara
says...

-L. wrote:
0tterbot wrote:

ho hum. it's a zoo issue. this type of thing goes hand in hand with ZOOS,
not with "parents". when you've actually been a parent for more than three
seconds yourself,

**** you. Too bad you don't know thew truth, because it makes you look
like an ass.

you might eventually develop an idea of that for which you
are ultimately responsible and can control, and that which you can only do
your best.

If any animal bites any child, it's *always* the parents' fault. No
ifs, ands, or buts.

How absurd.

I don't have to search the web.

My dd#2 was walking across the floor in the home of a childless
couple with a dog, and the dog bit her entirely without provocation.
She wasn't even paying any attention to the dog. The dog's "parents"
claimed it was because she walked between the dog and the dog's food
empty dish, and the dog was just protecting her territory I would
not allow any dog to feel free to do that.

I've been bitten three times.

Once when I was in elementary school, I was running down the back
alley behind some houses, and a giant schnauzer (who normally was
confined on the porch roof), ran out of his yard into the alley and
bit me in the thigh. Didn't break the skin.

Second time I was lost, and a man I saw fishing told me to drive to
his house and ask his wife because he thought she would know how to
get to the place I was going (and she did). As I got out of the car,
to walk up to the porch, a collie ran around back of the car and bit
me in the behind (did not break the skin). The ladies comment was
"He's never bitten a woman before". I was wearing trousers.

Third time, I had been at a farm with my children and their ponies,
and we had loaded up and I went back to the house to return some item.
The owner of the farm had been up in one of the upper pastures with
the dog (a Doberman). As I walked back to the car, the dog ran up
behind me and grabbed my forearm from behind. I screamed and he let
go and ran off. I had four deep puncture wounds (from the canine
teeth) which took ages to stop bleeding. This dog had no rabies
vaccine, and they quarantined him. When the health department called
me, they told me that the test (for rabies) was positive. She meant
that the dog did NOT have rabies.

Now I know there ARE situations where animals bite because they have
been provoked and are defending themselves. But it isn't ALWAYS the
case.

And in none of those cases did I have a cell phone because there
weren't any then.

From just a 2 minute web search:

Old August 13th 06, 05:54 AM posted to misc.kids
L.

Barbara wrote:

How absurd.

From just a 2 minute web search:

Let me make something else abundantly clear. The parents' negligence
in no way absolves the dog owners' responsibility. The animals should
be destroyed and the owners (I use this word because they definitely
are not "guardians") should be charged with assault and attempted
murder, in cases where a known biter is allowed to bit again. Any
person who owns a biting dog has the responsibility to keep the animal
under control, away from others *and* muzzled.

-L.