Call for Action. Virginia joins Ohio on the short bus for "WantedDaddy" posters

Old May 11th 07, 03:42 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

Default Call for Action. Virginia joins Ohio on the short bus for "WantedDaddy" posters

http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=600&sid=1137947

Sometimes I think idiocy is contageous. First Ohio, now this place, and
we have in addition to the pizza box places, three asian restaurants and
a grocery store. Can’t these people be creative and idiotic at the same
time? I guess not.

Looks like we’ll need another few marches, not to mention fliers. The
Grocery store is where I think you could hit it big with fliers of
fathers that have been denied visitation. Imagine somebody walking
around with this big game list of child support to find a whole parking
lot filled with "My Daddy Misses Me" photos.

And if anybody is working on this down in Virginia, I damn sure want to
see those posters if they can do it. There is little that I can do here
from my end (shock of shockers, but I'm a little strapped for cash), but
I definitely can spread the word.
Old May 11th 07, 04:40 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

I'm going to try and get more information on this...this bitch works
for ACES...which is "headquartered" in the same jurisdiction.

Perhaps Virginia dads should engage in ARMED protests of the
businesses involved.

Old May 11th 07, 07:06 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"John Meyer" wrote in

Sometimes I think idiocy is contageous.

2.3 Billion Dollars is owed, how much money do these indigent souls really
earn?

Old May 11th 07, 09:24 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"DB" wrote in message
t...

"John Meyer" wrote in

Sometimes I think idiocy is contageous.

2.3 Billion Dollars is owed, how much money do these indigent souls really
earn?

Too bad the Virginia report to the Federal OSE doesn't back up the statistic
in the quote. Virginia reports $1.95 billion (not $2.3 billion) in total CS
arrears for all FY's through FY 2006. They collected and distributed $154
million of that amount during FY 2006.

Virginia has 296,629 cases with arrears in FY 2006 and they collected the
$154 million from 172,320 cases. That means they are collecting arrears on
58% of their arrearage cases. Another way to look at this is 42% of the
arrearage cases on the books in Virginia (and most likely 42% of the total
arrearage amount owed or $800 million) is uncollectible for some reason.

Old May 14th 07, 04:50 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

DB wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote in

Sometimes I think idiocy is contageous.

2.3 Billion Dollars is owed, how much money do these indigent souls really
earn?

Isn't it obvious, DB. It isn't about how much they make, it's how much
the system can squeeze out of them...ERR what's in the best interests of
the child. ;-)
Has anybody found out which supermarket is aiding this humiliation
campaign? I'd think a great idea would be to visit there, load up a
grocery cart, wait until the clerk adds up the total, then slap your
forehead and say, "I'm sorry, I can't afford that AND pay my child
support. No Sale."
I'd also suggest doing that with the restaurants and tips too, but any
money that gets into their hands is too much money.
Old May 14th 07, 08:08 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"John Meyer" wrote in

2.3 Billion Dollars is owed, how much money do these indigent souls
really
earn?

Isn't it obvious, DB. It isn't about how much they make, it's how much
the system can squeeze out of them...

Yes, but don't indigents have to make the amount of money first before any
money can be squeezed out.
2.3 billion owed reflects only 25% of these people's total income, which in
theory would be $10 billion.

Has anybody found out which supermarket is aiding this humiliation
campaign?

It's not smart for any business to get involved in sensitive political
issues.

Old May 14th 07, 10:09 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"DB" wrote in message

"John Meyer" wrote in

2.3 Billion Dollars is owed, how much money do these indigent souls
really
earn?

Isn't it obvious, DB. It isn't about how much they make, it's how much
the system can squeeze out of them...

Yes, but don't indigents have to make the amount of money first before any
money can be squeezed out.
2.3 billion owed reflects only 25% of these people's total income, which

in
theory would be $10 billion.

The $2.3 billion is an overstatement of Virginia's actual reported total
arrearage amount of $1.95 billion. For your math the be closer to reality
the 25% factor needs to be applied against the lower number AND then have
the results divided amongst all FY's AND then make adjustments for
inflation.

The total arrears amount is the sum of all arrearages from 1975 through
2006. They only collect about 8% of this total each year because over the
31 year period some of the obligors are deceased and many of the children
are now adults so the cases have become dormant.

This is an example of the statistics games played by the femwits. The next
reporting period for FY 2007 will cover a 32 year span of arrearages.
Playing these games always makes the total arrearages go up every year.

Old May 15th 07, 01:45 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in

This is an example of the statistics games played by the femwits.

Yes itserves a purpose to dramatize and issue that really doesn't exist.

Old May 15th 07, 02:59 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"DB" wrote in message
. net...

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in

This is an example of the statistics games played by the femwits.

Yes itserves a purpose to dramatize and issue that really doesn't exist.

Actually most feminist statistics are easily proven to be wrong. It is not
a stretch to say feminist statistics are used selectively, are taken out of
context, and are routinely over-stated.

The basic problem we have with the media today is they buy-in on whatever
their sources tell them are the "facts." I personally believe the media
starts with an agenda and then they seek out "experts" to quote to advance
their agenda. All you have to do is read a story that presents a one-sided
opinion and then look for the famous "experts say" type of quotes. (Next
time you read a women's abuse article about how men are violent abusers, men
use guns to commit violence, and domestic violence is increasing look at who
they quote and what they say.)

The media goes to women's victim abuse counselors, feminists advocating for
restraining orders, gun control advocates, CS administrators, etc. to get
their "facts". The media has no clue there is another side to these kinds
of issues so they never seek out contrary opinions from fathers rights
groups or scholars without an agenda who study family law issues.