urgant advice needed please!!!

Old May 17th 04, 07:21 PM
David

Default urgant advice needed please!!!

Hey, I'm worried about my gf, her period's late by 3 days now n counting,,
we had protected sex a few wks ago, but it was protected, i didnt see any
cracks/leaks in the condom n i didnt even come inside her,, I'm praying its
just stress or sumthing,, but if it makes a difference, i saw her for the
first time in ages on friday nite, we didnt have full sex but she did
orgasm, first time she has in a gd while apparently,, her period was due
saturday, do u think her having an orgasm could have delayed it a little? It
jst the fact we were as safe as possible and I didnt evn ejac inside her,
what r the chances that she could possibly b pregnant? I've been told they
can be late till up to 10 days but this has been the longest 3 days of my
life.

we're both currently crapping ourselves, maybe the worry is holding it back
too?

thanks in advance cos we're panicking.
David

Old May 17th 04, 07:25 PM
Sophie

[...]

If she's actually late, why doesn't she just take a pregnancy test?

Old May 17th 04, 07:28 PM
Jamie Clark

David,
Having an orgasm cannot delay your period...unless it's around ovulation
with unprotected sex grin. Not every woman's cycle is exactly the same
length each month -- it's totally normal for a woman's cycle to be a few
days longer or shorter each month. And, worry or stress won't delay her
period, but it could have delayed ovulation, which in turn could delay her
period. Does that make sense? A woman's period always comes a set number
of days after she ovulates -- but her ovulation could have been delayed by a
few days, which would cause her period to come later than average.

If she is 3 days late, a home pregnancy test should show positive, if she is
in fact pregnant. If it shows negative, it's still possible that she might
be pregnant, but there HPT could not be sensitive enough to pick it up. I
recommend you get EPT or Confirm. Don't use Fact Plus, as it is one of the
LEAST sensitive tests out there, and could be more likely to show a false
negative.

Good luck. I hope her period comes soon!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest, Password:
Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old May 17th 04, 07:36 PM
Nikki

David wrote:
Hey, I'm worried about my gf, her period's late by 3 days now n
counting,,

Take a pregnancy test. They will work if she is already late.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (5) and Luke (3)

Old May 18th 04, 06:10 AM
CY

If you didn't ejaculate inside her (you mean even in the condom?) it's very
unlikely that she'd be pregnant, unless you were having unprotected foreplay
and some of the "pre-come" could have entered your girlfriend's vagina.
It's not impossible to get pregnant while using a condom, but it's much less
likely than completely unprotected sex. This is taken from the
PlannedParenthood website (www.plannedparenthood.org) (where they will do
free pregnancy tests anonomously I believe):
Of 100 women whose partners use condoms, about 15 will become pregnant
during the first year of typical use.* Only two women will become pregnant
with perfect use.** More protection against pregnancy is possible if condoms
are used with a spermicide foam, cream, jelly, suppository, or film.
*Typical use refers to failure rates when use is not consistent or always
correct.
**Perfect use refers to failure rates for those whose use is consistent and
always correct.

I hope that your girlfriend gets her period soon - it could be panic
delaying things but I have never heard of an orgasm delaying a period.

Hope this helps...

Old May 18th 04, 01:56 PM
David

Thanks for the advice! It caught up with her today thankfully phew...
It's really got me thinking.

Thanks again
David