Yeast on DD' tummy! What's next? LOL!

Old August 18th 03, 03:18 AM
Shana

Default Yeast on DD' tummy! What's next? LOL!

Is there any thing that I can do to reduce the discomfort of a yeast
infection on my DD's belly and diaper area? That doc says that the
amoxicillin probably triggered the yeast growth and gave me some cream but I
want to know if there is anything else I can do to help her more. I forgot
to ask the doc. DD is also teething now, so it just seems to be one thing
after another lately. Sigh. I swear when my hubby gets home I'm gonna break
out the margaritas! LOL!
Any hints would be great!

Thanks!

Old August 18th 03, 06:18 AM
newfy

"Shana" wrote in message
. ca...
Is there any thing that I can do to reduce the discomfort of a yeast
infection on my DD's belly and diaper area? That doc says that the
amoxicillin probably triggered the yeast growth and gave me some cream but

want to know if there is anything else I can do to help her more.

Other than use the cream? Nothing really except try to keep the diaper area
really dry so it doesn't invite the growth of more yeast. Maybe give her
some naked time on a towel?

I don't know if you are breastfeeding or not, but if so, there is a good
chance she could get the yeast in her mouth which is called thrush. If you
are nursing then you should watch very carefully for white spots and be
treated yourself. I haven't had experience with thrush personally, but I
know many here can help you if you need it. HTH
--
JennP.
mom to matthew 10/11/00

Old August 18th 03, 06:31 AM
Kereru

"Shana" wrote in message
. ca...
Is there any thing that I can do to reduce the discomfort of a yeast
infection on my DD's belly and diaper area? That doc says that the
amoxicillin probably triggered the yeast growth and gave me some cream but

want to know if there is anything else I can do to help her more. I forgot
to ask the doc. DD is also teething now, so it just seems to be one thing
after another lately. Sigh. I swear when my hubby gets home I'm gonna

break
out the margaritas! LOL!
Any hints would be great!

Thanks!

The cream should work really quickly, in the meantime keep it away from
clothes etc.. as much as possible, nappy off as much as possible.

But It's very quick when the cream gets working.

Judy

Old August 19th 03, 09:44 PM
jojo

naked in bright sunlight (filtered through a window is fine)
Sunlight kills yeast.

"newfy" wrote in message

. ca...

Old August 20th 03, 05:19 PM
Shana

really? cool! Thanks!

--
Shannon

"Children nowadays are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their
food and tyrannize their teachers."
--Socrates.--
"jojo" wrote in message
y.com...
naked in bright sunlight (filtered through a window is fine)
Sunlight kills yeast.

"newfy" wrote in message

. ca...