Slow rising hCG question

Old May 17th 04, 11:09 PM
A&G&K

Default Slow rising hCG question

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
Ladies (and few gents), I didn't plan to announce this yet, so Brigitte,
please don't put me on the due date list yet, but it seems I am about 6w
pregnant at the time. My hormone levels, however, are not behaving as
they should, which is why I am here, telling anyway.

An u/s ruled out an ectopic, and measured a sac of about the right size
and she could also see a yolk sac. For any embryo it was just too early.
However, my bloodwork showed low progesterone (6.09) and the hCG is rising
but not doubling (from 1004 to ~1390 in two days). Except for asking me to
come in for another hCG test, the midwife had no clue what's going on
here. There is remarkably little information on the web about this, all I
can find are sites related to ectopic pregnancies, and that's been ruled
out for sure. I found some evidence that there are women with low hCG who
carry healthy babies to term, but that's about it.

I've started supplementing with Wild Yam immediately (2x1g a day) and
since then the spotting has completely stopped. I sort of feel pregnant,
but I cannot shake the feeling there is something wrong, which is freaking
me out. Anyone here who can shed some light on this or perhaps point me to
some good websites? I'm going slightly mad...

--
-- I
mommy to DS (22m)

Ilse,
I've e-mailed you, but am anxiously awaiting more news on how you are.
(((((((((hugs))))))))))
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old May 17th 04, 11:42 PM
ModernMiko

Default Slow rising hCG question (m/c ment).

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 15 May 2004 22:39:29 +0000, ModernMiko wrote:

Oh! I HOPE HOPE HOPE it all goes well and you have a little one on the

way.
Until I had my U/S at 8 wks, I was so afraid I would m/c.
I didn't have any spotting but my boobs didn't stay as sore as they

started
out. I think mainly I was freaked out because of the m/c in Nov. It's

good
that the ectopic was ruled out. I am afraid I have no insight on the HCG
levels. I will send you many good wishes, prayers, and sticky baby vibes
though :-)!

Thanks a lot Jenn! I know what you mean: every time I feel something I
think it's a bad sign, every time I feel nothing I think it's a bad sign.
The fastest way of driving a person out of her mind...

--
-- I
mommy to DS (22m)
mommy to two tiny angels (28 Oct 2003 & 17 Feb 2004)
guardian of DH (33)

Isn't that the truth?!?!? Have you had another level or are you doing
another level soon?

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

Old May 18th 04, 01:45 AM
Jamie Clark

Ilse Witch,
I've had 2 blighted ovums where they did see the both the sac and the yolk
sac, but there never was a fetal pole and/or heartbeat at 7 and 8 weeks.
I'm watching your story and praying for a heartbeat. Hugs.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest, Password:
Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 15 May 2004 22:06:22 +0000, Mary W. wrote:

I don't have good news to share. This is how my miscarriage went. Yolk
sac seen at ~6 weeks. Slow rising hCG, low progesterone (~5). We watched
for another 2 weeks or so, my numbers rose but slowly. They finally
started to drop, near when I decided to do the D and E. The sac
grew some but a fetal pole was never seen.

I think it was a blighted ovum, but I never got a definitive diagnosis.

I hope your story turns out diffferntly.

Thanks for sharing Mary. I've had blighted ovum, and in that case they
didn't see anything, not even a yolk sac. The impression I got from the
u/s tech is that seeing a yolk sac at 5.5w was a good sign, so I'll try to
stay positive as long as I can.

Old May 18th 04, 04:21 PM
Ilse Witch

On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:42:46 +0000, ModernMiko wrote:

Isn't that the truth?!?!? Have you had another level or are you doing
another level soon?

Should get another number back today. Keep fingers crossed it's OK...

Old May 18th 04, 04:23 PM
Ilse Witch

On Tue, 18 May 2004 08:09:55 +1000, A&G&K wrote:

Ilse,
I've e-mailed you, but am anxiously awaiting more news on how you are.
(((((((((hugs))))))))))
Amanda

As for feeling: I am nauseaus 24/7, tired like I ran a marathon, but I
still manage to blame all that on other things. Today I should get the
result from yesterdays bloodtest, as soon as I know, I'll post an update.

Old May 18th 04, 04:25 PM
Ilse Witch

On Tue, 18 May 2004 00:45:26 +0000, Jamie Clark wrote:

Ilse Witch,
I've had 2 blighted ovums where they did see the both the sac and the yolk
sac, but there never was a fetal pole and/or heartbeat at 7 and 8 weeks.
I'm watching your story and praying for a heartbeat. Hugs.

Thanks for sharing Jamie. I cannot say it has really lifted my spirits to
know this, but it is good for me to keep my feet on the ground.

Old May 18th 04, 05:05 PM
Fer

Ilse Witch wrote:
|| On Tue, 18 May 2004 08:09:55 +1000, A&G&K wrote:
||| Ilse,
||| I've e-mailed you, but am anxiously awaiting more news on how you
||| are. (((((((((hugs))))))))))
||| Amanda
|| As for feeling: I am nauseaus 24/7, tired like I ran a marathon, but
|| I still manage to blame all that on other things. Today I should get
|| the result from yesterdays bloodtest, as soon as I know, I'll post
|| an update.
|| --
|| -- I
|| mommy to DS (22m)
|| mommy to two tiny angels (28 Oct 2003 & 17 Feb 2004)
|| guardian of DH (33)

Oh do I ever hope those numbers are good ! I am keeping everything crossed
for you Ilse! --?

Jenn
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-34 weeks!

Old May 18th 04, 09:48 PM
ModernMiko

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:42:46 +0000, ModernMiko wrote:

Isn't that the truth?!?!? Have you had another level or are you doing
another level soon?

Should get another number back today. Keep fingers crossed it's OK...

--
-- I
mommy to DS (22m)
mommy to two tiny angels (28 Oct 2003 & 17 Feb 2004)
guardian of DH (33)

I've been thinking about you all day sweetie. Let us know when you hear
something, okay?

Old May 19th 04, 05:32 AM
Jamie Clark

I know, Ilse, and I'm sorry. I really want this to work out for you. I
hope it does.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

news

Old May 19th 04, 03:09 PM
Ilse Witch

On Wed, 19 May 2004 04:32:24 +0000, Jamie Clark wrote:

I know, Ilse, and I'm sorry. I really want this to work out for you. I
hope it does.

Please don't be sorry!! I've always valued it when people would give me
the full story, including the bad news. It takes courage to do that. Yes,
it makes me more scared, but that will also help in dealing with whatever
lies ahead.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (22m)
mommy to two tiny angels (28 Oct 2003 & 17 Feb 2004)
guardian of DH (33)

need slow cooker cookbook glunk General 5 July 8th 04 10:19 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM