plugged duct?

Old October 5th 06, 03:14 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Rebecca Jo

Default plugged duct?

My right breast felt bruised yesterday and it feels worse today. Just on the
right side & underside of the breast.

I found this page: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/mastitis.html and
am going to be doing the hot shower & warm compresses. I had Alexander nurse
more on that breast last night because nursing seemed to ease the pain some.

I'm not sure if it's a plugged duct but it sounds like that might be what it
is. I hope it goes away soon!!

--
Rebecca Jo
Mama to Alexander 6/6/05

Old October 6th 06, 08:16 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Larissa In Aus

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 10:14:27 -0400, Rebecca Jo wrote:

My right breast felt bruised yesterday and it feels worse today. Just on the
right side & underside of the breast.

I found this page: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/mastitis.html and
am going to be doing the hot shower & warm compresses. I had Alexander nurse
more on that breast last night because nursing seemed to ease the pain some.

I'm not sure if it's a plugged duct but it sounds like that might be what it
is. I hope it goes away soon!!

Good luck getting rid of the plugged duct, it can feel bruised for a
day or so after it is cleared. IIRC, mastitis can often be associated with
flu like symptoms and a fever. Often antibiotics are used to treat
mastitis.

Larissa

Old October 6th 06, 01:58 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Rebecca Jo

"Larissa In Aus" wrote:

Good luck getting rid of the plugged duct, it can feel bruised for a
day or so after it is cleared. IIRC, mastitis can often be associated with
flu like symptoms and a fever. Often antibiotics are used to treat
mastitis.

Larissa

Thanks! It is SO much better today.

I nursed and expressed milk all day yesterday and it finally felt better.
Yay!

--
Rebecca Jo
Mama to Alexander 6/6/05