LaVonne, where art thou?

Old October 30th 03, 04:00 PM
Ron

Default LaVonne, where art thou?

"Doan" wrote in message
(Snip)

Hiding out from Doan does NOT prove you to be superior.
No matter how much you unscientifically WISH it would.

I don't hide from doan. I have spent many years debating doan before
you were involved in alt.parenting.spanking. I have listened to doan's
abuse and doan's consistent distortion. I now choose to spend my time
more wisely. You are a relative newcomer to alt.parenting.spanking.
I've been on this ng since the mid 1990's. If you do not know the
history, be careful with your challenges.

More accusation against me, LaVonne? It's time for you to prove it!
Come on, LaVonne. Put up or shut up!

Doan

LaVonne

She does seem to be doing quite a bit of dodging here. Just as she dodged
my post stating that all of the studies she cites are short term.

If Strauss and Larzelere are the basis for her belief's, and they have been
shown to be such frauds, what does she have left? Usenet proves nothing,
except where the holes in one's pet theories are. I'd say that LaVonne has
some patching to do.

Ron

Old November 1st 03, 01:37 PM
Greg Hanson

And yes, I continue to make an emotional plea for the protection of
children. I make no apologies for emotional pleas to provide children
the parenting they deserve, and the protection from physical assault
that every adult in this society enjoys.

Protection like the Jackson adoptee boys got recently?
Like the Wallis Family got? Wallis v. Escondido
Like the Dupuy Family Got in Illinois? (Judge Rebecca Pallmeyer)
Like the Christine family got?
How about the protection that Logan Marr got?
Or Shelby Duis?
Or the adoptee boy the Boss family buried in their basement?

Half of all Child Abuse Deaths occur in Foster Care.

Foster care are TEN TIMES more likely to be sexually abused there.

The CPS of every state in the us FAILED Federal audits
and as big a deal as that was, you remained ignorant
of this huge important fact, as show by your recent
self serving disbelief and demand for proof, which I
posted instantaneously.

You post no proof for your claims, Greg.
You post anecdotes and propaganda. Show
me scientific data.

Do you have newsreader trouble, LaVonne?

I posted an AP report proving all 50 failed audits.
I asked you if that was sufficient proof, in that thread.
If you wish to refute that blatant proof, please do so
in that thread, the one where you have fallen silent.

If you want statistics, you might want to look at my
question I posted there asking WHY US DHHS doesn't
feature the 50 state failure PROMINENTLY on the clearing
house web site? Seems like selective reportage!

You saw the Sweden stuff get completely disproven,
and true to bureaucratic form you continued to
refer to it, reflexively, without naming the country.

The "Sweden stuff" as you call it, was not disproven, Greg. Until you
can define "Sweden stuff" and provide research evidence that the "Sweden
stuff" has been completely disproven I will continue to refer to studies
which have shown the effectiveness on many levels of Sweden's legal ban
on spanking children.

Save everybody some time. Ask Kane. He MORE than admitted it.

Perhaps, Professor Carlson has been RESTING ON HER LAURELS too long?

Emotional pleas and personal opinion are not the same
as rational or scientific discourse.

No, they are not. I have a personal opinion about the ethics
surrounding the practice of legal assaulting

Whoa! Your ethics don't support the rule of LAW??

children in the name of
discipline. I have a wealth of peer-reviewed, published research
studies that not only fail to identify any benefit to spanking over
alternative, positive parenting strategies, but that consistently and
positively correlate spanking with

potential

Ding Ding Ding!

long-term harm.

You do seem to be quite emotional about this whole
CPS issue, and have yet to provide a reference to
a peer-reviewed and published research study that
supports your many opinions which you state as fact.

"There's them whats doin it and them what talks about it."
You asked for proof on the 50 state failed audits.
I posted it, and waffles posted another source.
You stopped posting in that thread suddenly.
But you started up another new thread mocking me.
Should I reciprocate?

When was the last time you sat in on an entire trial?
When was the last time you recorded and transcribed
a call to a caseworker because you knew without question
that she was going to be a complete rag on the phone?

When was the last time you had to have a "supervised visit"
with your daughter even though there is no legal or
any justification for the expenditure or intrusion
of "supervised" visits?

Projection is an interesting thing, isn't it?

I just answered this identical question in another thread.
Look for the words "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

Hiding out from Doan does NOT prove you to be superior.
No matter how much you unscientifically WISH it would.

I don't hide from doan. I have spent many years debating doan before
you were involved in alt.parenting.spanking.

Tell it to the payroll clerk or union rep. Seniority counts there.

I have listened to doan's abuse and doan's consistent distortion.
I now choose to spend my time more wisely.

I've seen people do this before, spend 20 minutes making excuses
why they shouldn't to a 5 minute job.

You are a relative newcomer to alt.parenting.spanking.
I've been on this ng since the mid 1990's.

SO WHAT? Resting on your laurels?

If you do not know the history, be
careful with your challenges.

Or what?
You'll make Frank send me more Gigabytes of SPAM each day?

You never acknowledge or refuted the proof that I have posted.
Did you just get that glossy deer in the headlights stare?

Are you the one they used to call "LaMoron"?
Feeling like you've been had yet?
Old November 5th 03, 11:46 AM
Greg Hanson

Lots of press releases at DHHS, no reports that
all 50 states failed Child Protection audits.

http://www.acf.dhhs.gov/acf_news.html

LaVonne Doan General 0 April 15th 04 08:06 AM
Another child killed in kincare Kane General 39 February 12th 04 06:55 PM
LaVonne, where art thou? [email protected] General 68 October 25th 03 04:59 AM
LaVonne, where art thou? [email protected] Spanking 14 September 3rd 03 12:39 PM
LaVonne, where art thou? LaVonne Carlson Spanking 43 August 30th 03 12:57 PM