Help!

Old August 9th 05, 05:13 PM
Caledonia

Nikki wrote:
Caledonia wrote:

For me (but it's just me), it strikes me as odd that the OP was told
by her boss that her annual premium would jump $6k to add the baby
(employee+child is typically cheaper than employee+spouse because
spouses are, well, older and more expensive), sometime after this NICU
experience. Dunno. Can't shake the feeling though that the boss is in
some way implicated in...something.

I think her boss was just trying to save her some money. She was going to
put the baby on her dh's insurance so why would she want to pay premiums on
her insurance? Her boss had no way of knowing that she'd miss the deadline
on dh's insurance. Many insurances have an all or nothing policy.
Individual or family..you can't add just a spouse or just a kid. Mine is
like that and it is over $500 per month. Dh can now move the kids to his
policy but he didn't do it when he was first hired and so now the kids have
to wait 18 months to move over to his policy because they are currently
insured. That will cost us over 6K :-P.

Thank you for the reality check that indeed, I have become far too
cynical about motives vis a vis health insurances. Agh.
Must...take...vacation...

Caledonia
--
Nikki