took Max grocery shopping today...

Old September 30th 04, 05:24 AM
Marie

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:58:27 -0500, "Nikki" wrote:
I'll add - HOT, HOT, HOT. It was the hottest part of summer when I tried a
sling. A padded one none the less. I liked carrying him that way, and the
ease of nursing with one was great, but oh my did we swelter - both of us.
I couldn't take it and ditched it. I didn't use one with Hunter so I just
went back to the familiar instead of shelling out the money to try a
different one. The one I had was given to me.

I tried mine in the summer too, and couldn't stand the heat. And the
itchiness.
Marie
Old September 30th 04, 07:27 AM
KC

I have never used a baby bucket, but I was not fond of slings either
because of orthopedic issues. I used something called a universal
insert (sold at walmart and other places). It is a configurable
cushion that you can use to have an infant lie down in the sitting
area of the cart. I also used it as support for my babies to sit up
in the cart before they were quite ready to sit up in the cart without
it. I also got lots of looks and positive comment when using it.
Many people asked where they could get it. It was much easier on my
body than using my slings.

KC
Old September 30th 04, 03:09 PM
Irene

Marie wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:58:27 -0500, "Nikki" wrote:
I'll add - HOT, HOT, HOT. It was the hottest part of summer when I tried a
sling. A padded one none the less. I liked carrying him that way, and the
ease of nursing with one was great, but oh my did we swelter - both of us.
I couldn't take it and ditched it. I didn't use one with Hunter so I just
went back to the familiar instead of shelling out the money to try a
different one. The one I had was given to me.

I tried mine in the summer too, and couldn't stand the heat. And the
itchiness.
Marie

I forgot that one - that's a large part of why I requested my
Mayawrap, since ds (baby #1) was a July baby. Tho I didn't break it
out until August. We've had an unseasonably cool summer this year, so
it's worked well for me this year, too.

Irene
Old September 30th 04, 10:02 PM
Jamie Clark

You know, I had a padded sling and the Baby Bjorn. I liked the sling in
many ways, and probably more in theory than in practice. But, I may well
get an unpadded sling for Addie, and try it again. Like I said, there were
definitely things that I liked about the sling, but in many ways, I just
became more comfortable with the Bjorn.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

"Nikki" wrote in message
Irene wrote:

I hear a lot of reasons why people don't use slings, so here goes:

1) Didn't know they existed.

2) I've got a bad back - that'll just make it worse.

3) It's too complicated.

4) Baby didn't like it.

5) Tried it, and couldn't get comfortable with it.

Old October 1st 04, 03:14 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Jamie Clark wrote:

Whenever I did take Taylor to the grocery in the baby carrier, I always put
it on the front, over the seat, which left the basket empty for groceries.
I never quite got really into the sling that I had.

I've seen this done, too. I think it depends on the carrier, though, as
to whether it would fit. I see a *lot* of people put the carriers in
the basket part of the cart. I was going to try mine in the seat part,
but decided against it since I figured that the sling would be way easier.
Old October 1st 04, 03:18 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Sophie wrote:

Happens to me with the Bjorn. I actually walked past a women in the
commissary parking lot Tuesday and we both had a baby in a Bjorn and we
looked at each other like "what? someone lese uses one?". I only see women
lugging carseats, banging it into their legs, looking like their back hurts.
I don't get it.

Hey, that reminds me... I can now say that I've noticed that my back
hurts a lot more with the carrier than it does with the sling, yet back
when we were thinking about getting a sling, I expected the opposite. I
was so afraid that the sling would hurt my back, but now that I've
learned how to use the thing properly, it's actually not bad. I just
have to make sure I'm careful about how I bend over, if I have to pick
something up (and I have to try to minimize bending over, too, because
even when I'm careful, it is a little hard on the back). OTOH, I find
that the carrier *always* hurts my back, no matter what.
Old October 1st 04, 04:32 AM
Nan

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:14:12 -0400, Vicky Bilaniuk
scribbled:

Jamie Clark wrote:

Whenever I did take Taylor to the grocery in the baby carrier, I always put
it on the front, over the seat, which left the basket empty for groceries.
I never quite got really into the sling that I had.

I've seen this done, too. I think it depends on the carrier, though, as
to whether it would fit. I see a *lot* of people put the carriers in
the basket part of the cart. I was going to try mine in the seat part,
but decided against it since I figured that the sling would be way easier.

Mine will latch onto the backrest area of the seat with a small hook
but I don't like to put it there, as it still slides too much from
side to side. I just didn't feel comfortable with it that way.

Nan

Old October 1st 04, 05:04 AM
Irene

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message ...
You know, I had a padded sling and the Baby Bjorn. I liked the sling in
many ways, and probably more in theory than in practice. But, I may well
get an unpadded sling for Addie, and try it again. Like I said, there were
definitely things that I liked about the sling, but in many ways, I just
became more comfortable with the Bjorn.
--

Heh - sounds like my reasons I don't have a Bjorn! I've got an
Infantino front carrier (a gift) and while I like the idea in theory,

Irene
Old October 13th 04, 10:08 PM
Jamie Clark

Jamie Clark wrote:

Whenever I did take Taylor to the grocery in the baby carrier, I always
put
it on the front, over the seat, which left the basket empty for
groceries.
I never quite got really into the sling that I had.

I've seen this done, too. I think it depends on the carrier, though, as
to whether it would fit. I see a *lot* of people put the carriers in
the basket part of the cart. I was going to try mine in the seat part,
but decided against it since I figured that the sling would be way easier.

Mine will latch onto the backrest area of the seat with a small hook
but I don't like to put it there, as it still slides too much from
side to side. I just didn't feel comfortable with it that way.

Slides too much from side to side? What are you doing, NASCAR shopping?
How fast do you take those corners, lady? : )

Seriously, I've never had a problem with the side to side motion issue.
Gravity is a good thing.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old October 13th 04, 10:09 PM
Jamie Clark

"Irene" wrote in message
m...
"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
You know, I had a padded sling and the Baby Bjorn. I liked the sling in
many ways, and probably more in theory than in practice. But, I may well
get an unpadded sling for Addie, and try it again. Like I said, there
were
definitely things that I liked about the sling, but in many ways, I just
became more comfortable with the Bjorn.
--

Heh - sounds like my reasons I don't have a Bjorn! I've got an
Infantino front carrier (a gift) and while I like the idea in theory,
both babies hated it. I considered trying the Bjorn to see if it
would be better, but it was too expensive to go out & get when my
sling worked for almost everything the Bjorn would do.

Irene

I love the Bjorn, and both babies have loved it as well. They snuggle up to
my chest and fall asleep quite quickly. I'm glad to have it this second
time around!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

One year today! Alpha Breastfeeding 4 April 11th 04 01:28 AM
Nice comment while grocery shopping Cheryl S. Breastfeeding 3 March 6th 04 06:38 AM
MA: Demonstration Today Outside SJC court offices Dusty Child Support 66 February 23rd 04 01:39 AM
Create Powerful Joint Ventures Starting Today Ron Jay Child Support 0 October 26th 03 07:07 PM
40 weeks today Alicia Elliott Pregnancy 7 August 9th 03 11:49 PM