Secret Shoppers????

Old October 13th 04, 07:34 PM
Christine

Default Secret Shoppers????

Ok, this sounds so good...
Great job, for the SAHM....
secret shoppers, K-mart, wal-mart..kings,,denny's....ETC.

Get pain 50.00 for every job????

did anyone ever hear of this?
DH says its a scam, because they wanted my credit card number.

does anyone know of any (real ) no scams...
work for a SAHM....
something to do from home OR take your baby?
besides any child care.

is the shopper thing a scam?

Old October 13th 04, 08:07 PM
Elizabeth H Bonesteel

In article ,
Christine wrote:
Ok, this sounds so good...
Great job, for the SAHM....
secret shoppers, K-mart, wal-mart..kings,,denny's....ETC.

Get pain 50.00 for every job????

My mom has a friend that did this. In addition to just checking the places
out, she had to do things like visit the rest rooms at a supermarket or send
back a meal at a restaurant.

I don't know how much she was paid, but it was legit. And she had a lot of
fun.

Your DH has a point about the CC number, though - you'll want to research
that particular organization before signing up!

Liz
--

"No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. Man's reason and
spirit have often solved the seemingly unsolvable - and we believe they
Old October 13th 04, 08:43 PM
Christine

lol..I think I meant to say (paid) not pain..

I think it would be a good way to make extra money.!

http://soundamerica.com/sounds/sound_fx/F-R/flush.wav

Old October 13th 04, 08:46 PM
Amy

I've worked in retail, and there definitely are secret shoppers, and they do
want just ordinary looking people - so the elderly, young people, mothers,
men, women....you get the idea. I couldn't say whether that one in
particular is a scam though - I'd be suspicious if they approached you, AND
wanted your credit card number. What do they need that for?

--
Amy,
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old October 13th 04, 10:35 PM
Christine

What do they need that for?

I guess, you have to pay for the web page that tells you where each job
is daily....I think it is a scam because there was no interview, he
didnt want to know anything about me, although I did not receive the
application through email yet..maybe that will go into more detail, but
I did notice after giving my email addy now it is filled with spam,,,all
day i've been getting spam!!!

he just said to do the application on line, and pay the money, to find
out where the jobs are, then start making money,..the part I didnt like
was, you have to py with CC, no check or money orders??????

it's shoppersinsight.com
incase anyones intrested in a scam...lol...

Old October 13th 04, 11:12 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Christine wrote:
is the shopper thing a scam?

I would bet that it is.

As for stuff to do... Start your own business? The possibilities there
are endless.
Old October 13th 04, 11:48 PM
Nan

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:35:16 -0400, (Christine)
scribbled:

What do they need that for?

I guess, you have to pay for the web page that tells you where each job
is daily....I think it is a scam because there was no interview, he
didnt want to know anything about me, although I did not receive the
application through email yet..maybe that will go into more detail, but
I did notice after giving my email addy now it is filled with spam,,,all
day i've been getting spam!!!

he just said to do the application on line, and pay the money, to find
out where the jobs are, then start making money,..the part I didnt like
was, you have to py with CC, no check or money orders??????

it's shoppersinsight.com
incase anyones intrested in a scam...lol...

Okay, I took a look at their sight. My advice:

DON'T DO IT!

Based on what I cut and pasted from their site below:

The purpose of our company is to introduce you to the secret
shopping industry, train and educate you, and expose the resources and
assignments available to you, so that you can become a successful
secret shopper.

They don't hire you, nor do they provide you with jobs. They're
simply providing information that you can obtain for free if you know
where to look, for a *monthly* fee. It's no different than a
newspaper advertisement that states they'll "help you find
employment", but they're not an employer or employment agency.... just
providing information and it's up to you to actually secure a job.

It's not really a scam, but it's misleading, at best.

Nan