a not-so-long (or short) story

Old August 9th 05, 07:51 AM
xkatx

Default a not-so-long (or short) story

well, i finally have a moment or two here on the computer! it seems like
forever, but the last 4 days have been interesting ones...
i woke up around 2am on august 4 and i was unable to get back to sleep... i
was sure it was the beginning of labor, and i tossed and turned in bed, got
up and walked around, had a quick shower and then around 4am, i gave up and
got in the car and went down to the hospital while ds and dh were still
sleeping... i layed hooked up to all the machines they use for the nst, and
after about an hour, they determined i was having a few good contractions
but wasn't at the minimum 3cms to be admitted! i grumbled all the way home,
fairly uncomfortable, and went back to toss and turn in bed at 5am.
about 730am or so, i woke up again from restless sleep and this time was so
uncomfortable - contractions were coming in threes where i'd have one that
lasted around 45 seconds, it would stop, about 2 mins later another one the
same 45 seconds, 2 min break then one last one... after that 3d one, it was
a good 6-7 min break. i didn't think i could drive myself to the hospital
so i called a friend of ours who lives close and asked her if she was busy
(at 745 in the morning) she was actually going to that same hospital later
in the morning around 930 and i told her i could wait. i actually had lied
and dh called me a cab, since he doesn't drive. i could barely wait for the
cab and when i got to the hospital just before 8, i was admitted and sitting
at 3-4cm with good contractions.
i had an epidural (yes, i'm a big baby) and now i have 9 holes in my back
from where the epidural wouldn't go in! as soon as it was in, though, it
was well worth it, i think! this was around 10am, and at that time, i was
comfortable and happy as a clam! dh left the hospital to do some things at
home around 1pm since at that point i was 6cm. my aunt had asked the nurse
what time she would guess the baby would come, and the nurse had guessed by
315. boy was she off! at 10 to 2, the doctor came in and checked me... i
was at 10cm and she had said i was ready to go! i couldn't yet since dh
hadn't come back to the hospital, and the doctor said i was alright to sit
for a bit since i wasn't yet getting urges to push. dh had said hed be back
in about an hour to an hour and a half, but he'd be back at the hospital at
230 for sure... it wasn't even 2 and im on the phone trying to find him
since there was no answer at home. my mom was going to pick him up and
bring him back, and he was nowhere to be found... my mom found him walking
to the hospital from the store close to home, and they made it back at
almost 230 exactly. i had urges to push at about 215, and i was trying my
best to hold back. dd was born at 246pm, and she came fast! i think it was
only 3 contractions and she was here!
sorry for improper sentences, no capital letters, horrible spelling and bad
punctuation... it's been a long day, and weekend, and i think its about time
for bed now! its also fairly hard to type much when youre tired and have a
baby in your arms! still in the process of putting pictures up, so a i'll
post a link as soon as we have time to do that. everything's been going
good, even though we're all very tired!

Old August 9th 05, 08:07 AM
DamnOkie

Congratulations! Yipeeeeeeeee!
Post pics when you can....

Samantha

Old August 9th 05, 10:01 AM
Mum of Two

Wow, congrats! Any names yet?

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old August 9th 05, 04:46 PM
Jamie Clark

Congrats again! Thanks for posting your birth story! That nurse wasn't
that far off~!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old August 9th 05, 04:46 PM
sharalyns

Congratulations and welcome to your baby girl!!

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Old August 9th 05, 06:13 PM
xkatx

"DamnOkie" wrote in message
news:1123571233.4803f085afd0cfd185bd2b882b9ff049@t eranews...
Congratulations! Yipeeeeeeeee!
Post pics when you can....

Samantha

Thanks! I just checked DH's email last night, and found that his sister had
emailed a couple pictures that she had taken a couple days ago... I'm also
waiting for my dad to send me the pictures he had taken in the hospital, but
he's kind of tied up at work right now We can't seem to find our digital
camera for quite some time, and the only pictures we have of our own are on
the disposable cameras... hehehe Will get some pics up real soon!

Old August 9th 05, 06:14 PM
xkatx

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
Wow, congrats! Any names yet?

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,
& Ana born screaming 30/06/04
http://www.freewebs.com/carlos2002/
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ana%5Fj%5F2004/
My blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/querer-hijo-querer-hija/

We named her Amie Anna. DH was real set on Amie (I thought Amy until he
filled the papers out and had Amie as spelling!) and DS was determined to
always call his baby sister "Anna" even before she was born, so I made a
deal with DH that he picks first name and I would pick the middle name... DS
ended up picking the middle name, but that's fine with me!

Old August 9th 05, 06:15 PM
Emily

Yay! Congrats!

Emily
Old August 9th 05, 06:15 PM
xkatx

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
Congrats again! Thanks for posting your birth story! That nurse wasn't
that far off~!
--

She wasn't that far off, but my aunt was still guessing hours and hours! DD
did end up coming a lot sooner than anyone figured!

Jamie
Earth Angels:
Taylor Marlys, 1/3/03 -- Little Miss Nature Girl, who got her first wasp
sting! : (
Addison Grace, 9/30/04 -- Little Miss "I'm On My Way!", who has taken her
first unassisted steps, and has a new tooth coming in!

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Old August 9th 05, 06:16 PM
xkatx

"sharalyns" wrote in message
oups.com...
Congratulations and welcome to your baby girl!!

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Thanks! She's been a great baby!