Almost 37w update

Old August 9th 05, 06:58 PM
Ilse Witch

Default Almost 37w update

My visit schedule has changed from fridays to tuesdays, so I had another
check-up today. I was a bit surprised that I made it, since late last week
there were definite signs of contractions. Nothing regular, only at night,
but enough to keep me awake. Switching my daily dosage of minerals from
breakfast to nighttime has helped keeping them under control. As long as I
can sleep through them with only a tylenol, it won't be anything serious.

Babies and me are still doing fine. BP is nice and low. The only things
that bother me are my stomach (acid reflux) and the fact that my belly is
too heavy to sleep with. I must be very careful to get my rest during the
day, and therefore have a strict schedule with DS to make sure I can lie
down most of the time. We have a bed in the living room since my back
problems, and it is here to stay for the time being.

Baby boy is now lower than girl, and she has turned around yet again. Boy
is still breech, but sort of transverse, although not far enough off
center to worry about. Girl is head down and lying more or less on top of
boy. At least, that's what it looked like today. Seeing the amount of
tumbling they keep doing, it might be different tomorrow.

So still no decision on c-section, wait and see where they are when labour
starts. I will have to call and come over right away when things get
serious, but we have everything set up here. I am beginning to get tired
of the pregnancy now. Last night I was truly fed up with not being able to
sleep comfortably. But then, I cannot complain, I've come this far without
any serious troubles and with two healthy babies. A bit of discomfort is
to be expected with two 6-7lb babies in there.

--
--I
mommy to DS (July '02)
Old August 9th 05, 07:14 PM
Emily

Ilse Witch wrote:
So still no decision on c-section, wait and see where they are when labour
starts. I will have to call and come over right away when things get
serious, but we have everything set up here. I am beginning to get tired
of the pregnancy now. Last night I was truly fed up with not being able to
sleep comfortably. But then, I cannot complain, I've come this far without
any serious troubles and with two healthy babies. A bit of discomfort is
to be expected with two 6-7lb babies in there.

No doubt! It sounds like things are going well. I hope they
quickly get themselves in the right position and then decide
that it's just too cramped and time to move out. It also sounds like
DS is handling things very well. Yay on that!

Emily
Old August 10th 05, 06:00 PM
emilymr

"A bit of discomfort is to be expected with two 6-7lb babies in there."

Holy cow, I didn't realize they were that big!! Hope things move quickly
now, and you can get your babies on the outside soon.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old August 10th 05, 07:13 PM
Anne Rogers

it must be fairly miserable for you, but after Monday's visit to my
friend with a baby in SCBU, you really don't want to do that, so try
and see it as a good thing! I'm glad you are still managing stuff with
your DS even if it is mostly lieing down, that was one of the things I
found hardest at the end, that most of the time I was in so much pain I
couldn't even bear to be touched so I was never alone with him.

Cheers

Anne

Old August 10th 05, 10:44 PM
Joybelle

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
Baby boy is now lower than girl, and she has turned around yet again. Boy
is still breech, but sort of transverse, although not far enough off
center to worry about. Girl is head down and lying more or less on top of
boy. At least, that's what it looked like today. Seeing the amount of
tumbling they keep doing, it might be different tomorrow.

I just have the cutest visual going on here.

So still no decision on c-section, wait and see where they are when labour
starts. I will have to call and come over right away when things get
serious, but we have everything set up here. I am beginning to get tired
of the pregnancy now. Last night I was truly fed up with not being able to
sleep comfortably. But then, I cannot complain, I've come this far without
any serious troubles and with two healthy babies. A bit of discomfort is
to be expected with two 6-7lb babies in there.

I hope they come soon, Ilse. How marvelous, though, that your pregnancy has
gone this far and those babies will have a wonderful start!
--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01