OT Hospital Appointment

Old November 7th 05, 09:03 PM
April & Bump

Default OT Hospital Appointment

Hi All

Well had my 28 wk hospital appointment with the hosipital doctor today to
speak about labour plans and make sure all was OK. Well thank fully
everything was excellent with the baby and when doctor measured the baby he
said that it measured correctly with dates so that was excellent news. I
asked him about having a home birth and he was not happy about that as I had
a c section in 99 and a forceps delivery in 2001 but he said that I could
come back in 9 wks and speak to my own OBS and ask him but due to the past
its unlikely that will happen, my husband is also adament that I should have
the baby in hospital so I guess that one is out and I shall go with the
hospital birth, I then said OK then but is there a birthing pool at the
hospital, the antinatal nurse wasnt 100% sure as she usually works at the
Aberdare hospital which I can not birth at due to the c section and the
doctor wasnt sure either but the nurse said she would find out for me, got a
phone call this evening and it turns out that NO there isnt a birthing pool
at the hospital I have got to birth at only at my local hospital which I am
not allowed to birth at. I have still got to go back in 9 wks to speak to my
doctor unless of course baby is here b4 then. Life certainly is a bitch at
times as I was really hoping for a birthing pool but it looks like I will
have to use another form of pain reliefe.

sry this is cross posted to another group but it saves me typing out
twice!!!!!

Old November 7th 05, 09:18 PM
Tiger Lily

ok......... i don't get it......... if you have to
go to this hospital but you aren't allowed to go
to this hospital????????// where are you supposed
to have the baby then?

help!
kate

Old November 7th 05, 09:26 PM
April & Bump

no, sry Tiger Lily proberlby didnt explain properly, my local hospital is
Aberdare Hospital and they are 10 mins down the road but they do not take in
past c section mums to be or mums with complications so due to both my
complications the c section and the forceps I have to go to the Prince
Charles hospital which is about 20 - 30 minute drive.

Old November 7th 05, 09:28 PM
Tiger Lily

ohhhhhhhhhh not so good...... because a 3rd baby
can come into the world in a rush............ not
taking the length of time that a first baby
takes!!!!!

i sure hope you make it to the hospital in
time........... call for an ambulance if there is
ANY concern that you aren't going to make it......
speeding isn't safe unless you have the lights and
sirens going as well..........

take care, honey
kate