Lack of Reliable Parents Leads to Need For Levy

Old April 14th 06, 12:53 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Default Lack of Reliable Parents Leads to Need For Levy

http://news.communitypress.com/apps/...te=printpicart

Lack of reliable parents leads to need for levy

"What's with kids today?" These are just some of the questions I receive
when I give talks to community groups. Another question, "Is there more
child abuse going on, or is it just in the news more, or is it just that
kids are using it to accuse their parents of stuff."

Some people seemed stunned: "Do kids really get kicked out of nursery
school?" In one discussion, a senior citizen confirmed there were a couple
of kids kicked out of Sunday school at his church. "Bad kids" he said. When
asked how old they were, he said, "Not sure, maybe three or four."

The rise in young children being diagnosed with ADHD, autism and other
mental health issues prompt questions. Juvenile court staff has more kids
who are mentally ill, not delinquent. Schools are instituting programs
against bullying. Higher divorce rates, single heads of households, number
of children placed in foster care; Child Focus has record referrals for
children of all ages.

There are too many questions to answer here, but reading newspapers give you
a clue. "Profanity Growing Common" a recent headline in USA Today.
Seventy-four percent of Americans said they encountered profanity in public
daily.

Another headline was about Morgan Spurlock, the star of the movie "Super
Size Me," who apologized for his talk at a Philadelphia high school. The
article states, " ... Spurlock used the F-word, imitated and mocked various
ethnic groups -- including Indians and Mexicans -- joked about teachers
smoking pot in the balcony, talked about his sex life and made insensitive
remarks about special education students."

While at breakfast at Perkins, a husband and wife were discussing the recent
shooting and killing of a teenager by an older man. The youth allegedly
walked on the man's lawn. I wasn't eavesdropping as I was sitting four
booths away. The wife said; "I know kids and I know how they can aggravate
you till you are so angry -- and the parents won't do anything. That kid
probably aggravated that old man constantly." The husband quietly said,
"That's no reason to kill him." "I know, I know but you can kind of
understand why, can't you?" asked the wife. Her husband and others in the
restaurant were all shaking their heads "no."

Voters said "no" to the mental health levy, a levy that generates money to
serve mentally ill children. The Children's Services levy failed. It is
specifically for abused and neglected children. The failure of both of these
levies has been devastating to children's services in our community. Adults
are heard to say, "taxes are too high" or "I already raised my kids, it is
somebody else's turn to pay." Who do these adults think voted for services
to children when they were kids? It is of critical importance that we pass
the Children's Services levy.

So, how do I answer the question; "What's wrong with kids today?" I usually
respond, "It's the lack of responsible adults and parents in today's
society."

James L. Carter is CEO of Child Focus Inc. and a Clermont County voter who
lives in Union Township.

Old April 14th 06, 01:04 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

bull****. A mentally disturbed kid is going to tax all of the family
resources: finance, patience, etc. Parents need MORE help, not bull****.

Old April 14th 06, 07:20 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
Jan Drew wrote:
http://news.communitypress.com/apps/...te=printpicart

Lack of reliable parents leads to need for levy

bull****. A mentally disturbed kid is going to tax all of the family
resources: finance, patience, etc. Parents need MORE help, not bull****.

Sorry, you have a hard time dealing with TRUTH.....

[...]

critical importance that we pass the Children's Services levy.

Old April 14th 06, 03:45 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Jan Drew wrote:
http://news.communitypress.com/apps/...te=printpicart

Lack of reliable parents leads to need for levy

bull****. A mentally disturbed kid is going to tax all of the family
resources: finance, patience, etc. Parents need MORE help, not bull****.

Sorry, you have a hard time dealing with TRUTH.....

You do not have a clue and it is an utter waste of time trying to
explain it to a judgmental moron such as yourself.