Meth: Hype Vs. Reality.

Old April 30th 06, 08:14 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking

Default Meth: Hype Vs. Reality.

From the first post in this thread:

Doug or Michael wrote
There are a number of funding issues being addressed in Congress that
interests these claimsmakers. One, the reorganization of Title IV-E
Social Security entitlements to the states for foster care of children
from impoverished families. Two, the impending threat to reduce War
on Drugs funding to local police agencies. And, finally, two
methamphetamine bills being considered by Congressional Committees.
The creators of the "meth epidemic" PR releases are lobby groups for
agencies that are seeking an epidemic of funding.

Old April 30th 06, 09:05 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

becca:
Kane and his cohorts have tried to create
guilt for normal family bathroom sharing
and because I reached around a shower
curtain to rinse shampoo from a 7 year
old girl's head.

Kane admitted to showering with his kids.
At the ages described, his parts
would have been dangling in their faces.

He complained and tried to exaggerate
innocent family activities to be perverted.

Dennis just pointed out that Kane was
hypocritical since his own exposure could
be considered much more lurid than mine.

The problem is not what you or I think is
obscene or innocent, but what some idiots
from CPS think is inappropriate.

The President of the US can publicly show
photos of his brother running around naked
as a toddler, but if a normal citizen takes
such photos and sends them to a typical
photo printer, it starts criminal charges or
at least a child protection investigation.

People used to take beautiful pictures
of their baby on a bear skin rug, but
now those are seen as child pornography.

Old April 30th 06, 02:28 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking

Greegor wrote:
From the first post in this thread:

Doug or Michael wrote
There are a number of funding issues being addressed in Congress that
interests these claimsmakers. One, the reorganization of Title IV-E
Social Security entitlements to the states for foster care of children
from impoverished families. Two, the impending threat to reduce War
on Drugs funding to local police agencies. And, finally, two
methamphetamine bills being considered by Congressional Committees.
The creators of the "meth epidemic" PR releases are lobby groups for
agencies that are seeking an epidemic of funding.

I don't believe that was the first post in this thread, but you can
provide the link to it, right?

On the other hand, if one actually studies the meth problem, as I have
for over a decade, when it was already an established problem but not in
the news, and looks up the data related to treatment, meth lab
proliferation, and now the incidence of meth involved in crimes (it
always was, it simply was not being correctly data tracked by police and
the courts) it becomes rather obvious this is a serious problem
deserving the attention it is getting.

It is especially debilitating for families, right along with cocaine,
alcohol, and prescription drug abuse.

Those of you in denial about it show your ignorance, or what you do have
the information, your unethical biases.

0:-]

Old April 30th 06, 02:43 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Greegor wrote:
becca:
Kane and his cohorts

'Kane' has no cohorts.

have tried to create
guilt for normal family bathroom sharing

No they haven't. No one has EVER questioned "normal family bathroom
sharing," ODDLY ENOUGH BUT YOU AND DENNIS. Weird eh?

and because I reached around a shower
curtain to rinse shampoo from a 7 year
old girl's head.

How did you find her head without looking, Greegor. By feel? Isn't that
risking accidentally grabbing other parts?

And why was it made an issue by CPS? More to it than we can find out here?

Kane admitted to showering with his kids.

Yep.

At the ages described, his parts
would have been dangling in their faces.

You know the size of my shower? It was an outdoor shower on our deck,
dummy. Even our indoor shower was huge, with three shower heads.

We bought and rehabilitated an old 'Y' camp.

He complained and tried to exaggerate
innocent family activities to be perverted.

No I didn't. YOU pointed out that somehow, time after time, you couldn't
manage to have towels in the bathroom for the child. For some odd reason
YOU had to keep hauling towels to her.

You spanked her.

You forced her to take cold showers and admitted in a recent post that
they were "aversive." In other words, Greg, you punished a child for
having toileting accidents.

Your actions speak for themselves. No one has to do anything other than
read YOUR posts to get the picture.

What YOU had going on in YOUR mind is entirely between you and your god,
but we pointed these things out as perfectly rational reasons for CPS to
question what the hell you were doing home with this child alone all
day, when both you and Lisa could have been working and using child
care, as well as the child going to school. She WAS six years old, after
all.

Dennis just pointed out that Kane was
hypocritical since his own exposure could
be considered much more lurid than mine.

Nope, Dennis posted a lurid, suggestive, and thoroughly perverted
pornographic description. Kind of cute after accusing ME of doing so,
but never posting my actual words (where I was in fact describing the
horrendous incestuous abuse of children by parents and relatives).

What HE gets off on is more suggestive of HIS perverse mindset, don't
you think?

He thinks molestation is "pornographic" but popping in and out of the
bathroom with SOMEONE ELSE'S CHILD NAKED IS NOT.

The problem is not what you or I think is
obscene or innocent, but what some idiots
from CPS think is inappropriate.

They are limited by law as to what they can or cannot present in that
way. And they have to present it to a judge for acceptance or dismissal.

The President of the US can publicly show
photos of his brother running around naked
as a toddler,

Yep, because it's perfectly normal if it was not done for perverse
purposes.

but if a normal citizen takes
such photos and sends them to a typical
photo printer, it starts criminal charges or
at least a child protection investigation.

No to the former, yes to the latter if there are things IN the photo
that appear suggestive.

You are lying. As though who have faced investigation for such things
have tried. Unless there was something in the photos that APPEARED
SEXUALLY SUGGESTIVE, like the father that had the child's midsection,
naked, up to his face, no such investigation has taken place.

People used to take beautiful pictures
of their baby on a bear skin rug, but
now those are seen as child pornography.

They still do. I've seen them in CPS offices in workers cubicles
depicting their own children.

CPS does not investigate for simple child nudity, or even parental
nudity unless there are other circumstances that suggest more is going
on than "normal" activities.

YOUR case, in particular, comes to mind. You were NOT related to the
child in question.

And you have shown, unless you have married since we last asked and you
refused to answer, that were willing to marry the child's mother.

Anyone that is curious and wonders just what your story is about, and
why the remarks about it have been made here should really go and read
your own posting history.

In fact a lot of it is clarified in your own "petition to the court."

0:-

Old April 30th 06, 10:20 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Kane wrote
I don't believe that was the first post in this thread,
but you can provide the link to it, right?

Why? Are you retarded?

Old April 30th 06, 10:33 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

From the first post in this thread:
Doug or Michael wrote
There are a number of funding issues being addressed in Congress that
interests these claimsmakers. One, the reorganization of Title IV-E
Social Security entitlements to the states for foster care of children
from impoverished families. Two, the impending threat to reduce War
on Drugs funding to local police agencies. And, finally, two
methamphetamine bills being considered by Congressional Committees.
The creators of the "meth epidemic" PR releases are lobby groups for
agencies that are seeking an epidemic of funding.

Kane recently commented about his ten year involvement in the
Meth treatment industry.

Commander McBragg claims ten years of involvement
and therefore expertise in almost EVERYTHING, of course!

I kinda figured when you started exaggerating METH
that you must be seeing PROFIT FOR YOU in that!

That's just the kind of whore for the system Kane is.

Doug wrote
The creators of the "meth epidemic" PR releases
are lobby groups for agencies that are seeking
an epidemic of funding.

Kane, you lied and exaggerated the stats trying
to self justify your ten year investment. Calling
you "intellectually prostitute" doesn't fully convey
just how dishonest and self serving you are.

Old April 30th 06, 11:15 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Greegor wrote:
Kane wrote
I don't believe that was the first post in this thread,
but you can provide the link to it, right?

Why? Are you retarded?

No, are you for not being able to produce it?

0:-

Old April 30th 06, 11:29 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Greegor wrote:
From the first post in this thread:

Doug or Michael wrote
There are a number of funding issues being addressed in Congress that
interests these claimsmakers. One, the reorganization of Title IV-E
Social Security entitlements to the states for foster care of children
from impoverished families. Two, the impending threat to reduce War
on Drugs funding to local police agencies. And, finally, two
methamphetamine bills being considered by Congressional Committees.
The creators of the "meth epidemic" PR releases are lobby groups for
agencies that are seeking an epidemic of funding.

Kane recently commented about his ten year involvement in the
Meth treatment industry.

Nope. That was not my field. Why are you lying again?

Commander McBragg claims ten years of involvement
and therefore expertise in almost EVERYTHING, of course!

Mmmm...I don't recall that. Who is Commander McBragg, by the way?

I kinda figured when you started exaggerating METH
that you must be seeing PROFIT FOR YOU in that!

I made my money in an entirely different field. But I worked for it. How
you doing?

That's just the kind of whore for the system Kane is.

I support the protection of children from abusive, neglectful parents.
That does not equate with whoring.

Doug wrote
The creators of the "meth epidemic" PR releases
are lobby groups for agencies that are seeking
an epidemic of funding.

Kane, you lied and exaggerated the stats trying
to self justify your ten year investment.

Show the lie, show the stats, and prove they are lies.

Or, admit I did not, and apologize.

Calling
you "intellectually prostitute" doesn't fully convey
just how dishonest and self serving you are.

Let me see. I've done volunteer work for many years on various community
issues. I am now doing one on meth, and I'm dishonest and self serving?

Would you like to claim there is no meth problem?

I have a gigantic file of media pieces on it and they are mostly
arrests. From police reports.

In the next DOJ/FBI reporting cycle you will begin to see the results of
data that is just now being collected. Previous to very recently, crimes
that meth involvement have not been closely monitored and collected for
inclusion in crime figures under their own category.

Cops have known, of course. My LE contacts have been telling me about it
for over two years now. I've listened to high level FBI agents literally
curse the federal government that can direct them that have ignored meth
and gone after marijauna. They KNOW the amount and kind of crime
connected to meth.

It's much bigger even than I predicted a couple of years ago.

Watch, learn. If you can.

http://tinyurl.com/rd5hc

I hope you don't think that ALL these people are lying about the crime
issue, and the meth crime as well, and the addiction, and the treatment
issues, and the meth induced psychosis.

http://tinyurl.com/pp4mu
" ... About Meth Addiction
Meth-related hospital admissions increased more than 366% during the
last ten years in ... eyes Chronic use can lead to acute psychosis with
auditory ...
www.escapemeth.com/methaddictiontext.html - 31k - Cached - Similar pages

[PDF] 3688 PP5 FLYER (Page 1)
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
psychosis, stroke, dangerously high body temperature,. and cardiac
arrhythmia. ... Place meth-related products in areas with. high
visibility; ...
www.methwatch.ca/download/methwatch_flyer_en.pdf - Similar pages

FRONTLINE: the meth epidemic: frequently asked questions | PBS
Long-time users have been known to develop symptoms of psychosis, ... up
to 20 percent of their inmates were incarcerated because of meth-related
crimes, ...
www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/meth/faqs/ - 38k - Cached - Similar pages

The Real Cost of Prisons Weblog: This is your County on Meth
.... a 73 percent increase in meth-related visits over the last five
years. ... can cause not only mental health problems such as depression
or psychosis, ...
realcostofprisons.org/blog/archives/2006/01/this_is_your_co.html - 12k -
Cached - Similar pages ...

Just a few of the many entries.

You may not care, but I do.

http://tinyurl.com/nuvou

[[[ Children in particular, are taking a hell of a beating from this
nasty drug and its effects on their lives in so many ways..not the least
of which is parents that are incapacitated. ]]]

" ... Meth related arrests grow 85% in 3 years in USA
Meth related arrests grow 85% in 3 years in USA ... The second survey
found that meth is a major cause of child abuse and neglect. ...
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medi...p?newsid=27142 - 39k - Cached -
Similar pages

Iowa Child Abuse Data - Iowa Child Abuse Statistics and resources ...
Child abuse by victim age, 2001-05 - Excel Spreadsheet or PDF (Child
abuse by age). DHS study on meth-related child abuse cases - PDF ...
www.pcaiowa.org/child_abuse_data.html - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

NPR : Study: Meth Epidemic Fueling Family Break Ups
.... percent of their current child abuse and neglect cases involve
parents using meth. ... Meth-related arrests are still on the rise, but
at a slower pace. ...
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=4726336 - Similar pages

The Craig Daily Press: Social workers must fight the system
I'd say meth-related cases make up 70 to 80 percent of what we see." ...
And child abuse or neglect can't always be traced to drugs, Counts said. ...
http://www.craigdailypress.com/secti...al/story/12082 - 15k - Cached -
Similar pages

Governor Ted Kulongoski Press Release
Governor meets with meth-affected family to stress the need for
meth-related child abuse prevention Oregon City, OR—To highlight the
need for additional ...
governor.oregon.gov/Gov/p2006/press_030606.shtml - 14k - Cached -
Similar pages

NACO
.... 87 percent report increases in meth related arrests starting three
years ago. ... The second survey found that meth is a major cause of
child abuse and ...
http://www.naco.org/.../ContentManag...ontentID=16962 -
45k - Cached - Similar pages

[PDF] The Meth Epidemic in
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
enforcement agencies, 87% report increases in meth related arrests
starting three years ... a greater risk of child abuse, shaken baby
syndrome and neglect. ...

http://www.naco.org/Content/ContentG...MethSurvey.pdf
- Similar pages

4/25/2006 - Frist Praises Hearing On Meth Impact On Child Welfare ...
.... causes users to become paranoid and irritable, often leading to
child abuse. ... respond to the spike in the number of meth-related
child welfare cases, ...
www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_84522.asp - 26k - Cached - Similar
pages ... "

Don't bother to respond, Greg. We know how morally bankrupt you are and
how you'll try to turn this into something about YOU and your situation.

0:-

0:-

Old May 1st 06, 02:41 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking

0:- wrote:
Greegor wrote:
From the first post in this thread:

Doug or Michael wrote

....or lied, or misinformed, according to one's own viewpoint....0:-

There are a number of funding issues being addressed in Congress that
interests these claimsmakers. One, the reorganization of Title IV-E
Social Security entitlements to the states for foster care of children
from impoverished families. Two, the impending threat to reduce War
on Drugs funding to local police agencies. And, finally, two
methamphetamine bills being considered by Congressional Committees.
The creators of the "meth epidemic" PR releases are lobby groups for
agencies that are seeking an epidemic of funding.

http://www.middletownjournal.com/hp/...ethsummit.html

Meth summut focuses on prevention, funding
‘It’s so seriously out of control right now’

COLUMBUS — Never before has one illegal drug had such widespread effects
on society, officials said during a summit on methamphetamine abuse last
week.

Representing legislative, health, farming, law enforcement and judicial
professions, about 30 people came together in the state capital to
discuss the impact of what is believed to be Ohio’s fastest growing drug
trend in decades.

Led by Democrat Sens. Marc Dann and Kimberly Zurz, the summit focused on
four areas of methamphetamine’s impact: Preventing abuse, enforcement
and creating stronger penalties, treatment of abusers and the cleanup of
meth labs.

“Every day we hear more and more in the news about the growing meth
problem in Ohio,” Dann, who represents Ohio’s Mahoning Valley of
Trumbull, Mahoning and Columbiana counties, said Thursday. “This is an
addiction that knows no boundaries.”

Unlike most illegal substances, addiction to methamphetamine can happen
after the first use. More than two of 10 people who have tried
methamphetamines — taken orally as a pill, smoked or injected — are
hooked immediately and for years, according to the Ohio Department of
Alcohol and Drug Addiction Services.

According to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, Ohio’s rate of
clandestine methamphetamine laboratory incidents has increased from 14
in 1999 to 286 in 2004. By May of 2005, Ohio had recorded more than 305
breakups of the dangerous makeshift cauldrons of highly flammable and
hazardous chemicals used to manufacture methamphetamine, according to
the Ohio Drug and Alcohol Addiction Services.

In 2000, drug counseling services in Ohio treated 160 people for
amphetamine addiction. In 2004, that number had jumped more than three
times to 482, according to officials from the same agency.

But even this data is incomplete. Though methamphetamines have been
around for years, studies on the topic are new and few.

“We have a good handle on the acute effects while it’s being cooked, but
the long term effects, that’s one big question mark,” said Dr. Bob Frey
of the Ohio Department of Health.

“It might be easier to say it’s not a public problem because we don’t
see the numbers,” said Zurz, who represents constituents in Summit and
Portage counties. “But I don’t buy that.”

In the next year, legislators said they will work to continue tracking
and curtailing the sell of over-the-counter drugs used in manufacturing
meth, seeking funding initiatives through state and federal grants for
drug task forces and working to strengthen penalties for abusers caught
in the act.

“It’s so seriously out of control right now that the threat of a fine
isn’t enough right now,” Zurz said.

Contact this reporter at (513) 705-2840 or .