Worried foster care parents in revolt over new rules

Old November 6th 06, 01:41 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Sherman

Default Worried foster care parents in revolt over new rules

"Ron" wrote in message

Ron wrote

snip

As for foot dragging, well the parents have to assume a significant amount
of liability for that since they are the ones given the list of things
they need to accomplish to achieve reunification and so often fail to do
so. They also fail to show for court, fail to comply with court orders,
fail to clean up/sober up, fail in so many other areas that they honestly
cant all be listed here.

Lets face it gregg, you have never really been all that knowledgeable on
the subject, your understanding of the system and how it works is minimal
to say the least. So, while I understand while you refuse to believe
people like myself, I cant understand why you don't get off your fat lazy
ass and go get the education you are so lacking.

Ron

A Foster Parent usually has a right to notice and appearance at family court
hearings involving their foster child(ren). The above note of Ron's
regarding the parent's lack of compliance and not even showing up for court
hearings is usually taken hard by us. WE have to help the children through
this without comment upon their parent's behavior and show of lack of
concern.

We are not informed by any caseworker of the causes for removal except as
might apply to a problem with a child. Example: front teeth recently
missing and a battered face on a child - we may be told that a family member
caused this and the child has just come from a hospital and needs certain
types of care and follow-up medical / psychological treatment. Or an infant
who is going through withdrawal from substance exposure prebirth by their
Mommy and needs exceptional intensive care.

Spend 24 hours with a newborn meth exposed baby - one doesn't need anyone to
tell you what the removal was caused by.

We - anyway, I, in my cases, have always been noticed of hearings and have
the right to attend. It isn't often that the caregiver does go but
sometimes, they do if it is in the best interests of the child that they
become better informed as to the particulars of a case. The Judge would
decide if any testimony at any hearing should exclude any party. A Judge
can decide if a foster care parent hears from a lab employee that the Mommy
had smuggled another person's cold urine into a court ordered drug test.
And so on...

BTW, getting an education for some might be not exist as any type of goal
since getting a j-o-b hasn't even been on the horizon. Learning is w-o-r-k
too,

Sherman.

Old November 6th 06, 04:22 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Doan

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Ron wrote:

"Greegor" wrote in message
oups.com...
To a system suck idealogue any other view is to be villified.
Is this news?

So, what your saying is that you don't really have a reasonable reply to his
argument and therefore must resort to childish name calling to make yourself
feel better. Well...... I guess that's one way to finally make yourself
feel like you have come out on top.

Ron

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about Kane. ;-)

Doan

Old November 7th 06, 01:27 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Ron

"Doan" wrote in message
On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Ron wrote:

"Greegor" wrote in message
oups.com...
To a system suck idealogue any other view is to be villified.
Is this news?

So, what your saying is that you don't really have a reasonable reply to
his
argument and therefore must resort to childish name calling to make
yourself
feel better. Well...... I guess that's one way to finally make yourself
feel like you have come out on top.

Ron

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about Kane. ;-)

Doan

Not likely. Kane and I agree on most things. The lone exception to date is
the area that you find most irritating about his belief's. On that he and I
have agreed to disagree and leave it alone.

gregg tends to fall into this personality flaw whenever he cannot face that
he has no reasonable response to someone else's facts. I understand the
reason for it, but that makes it no less inane.

Ron

Old November 7th 06, 01:44 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Ron wrote:
"Doan" wrote in message
On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Ron wrote:

"Greegor" wrote in message
[...]

As does Doan. The way to tell if name calling is being used unethically
is to watch and see if it's used to avoid the main point of the other's
commentary.

Doan is consistent this cop out and I just addressed Greg and his old
buddy for doing exactly that. Refusal to address the issue by using
name calling as a cop out.

Oh well.

0:-

Old November 7th 06, 03:17 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
giovinazzo

Hey Ron, the case workers do lie to you foster parents....that is what
you are right? Well my case worker told the foster parents my kids are
abused, didn't tell them that they are an at risk group of children
that I have never done anything to my children, though my kids have
told the fosters that mom never hits them and hasn't done anything to
hurt them. My kids are good about that, they tell the foster parents
everyday how they want to come home. I hear it as there is one good
foster parent. The other however calls my oldest her birth daughter
which is a lie....

Yes some kids are abused but alot are not. Here they remove children
in my case biggest issue because I was a crown ward and went through
abuse as a child. Did you suffer abuse as a chilD? If so watch
out....you won't be allowed kids if you let them know, after all as
their steretype goes we will possibly abuse our own children.

What a stupid childish way for them to think, just because it happened
to me doesn't mean im going to do it. Just like the idoit that breaks
your door down and steals from you, doesn't mean you are going to go
out and do it does it?

Sorry had bad experience with foster parents of my autistic son, they
kept lying to the cas so they could keep my son.

I know there is the odd good one but more abusive foster homes.

Anyway fact is they do lie...they want you on their side not ours.

Lisa
Greegor wrote:
Ron wrote
caseworkers don't lie to us

They've been CAUGHT AT IT Ron!

Ron wrote
It is not the place of the foster parents to judge the reasons for
removal. We don't have all the information, we were not there, we don't
have the training and in most cases the education to make these judgments.
That's what caseworkers are for. And the police of course.

Isn't that the argument the death camp guards and villagers used?

Plus you implied that caseworkers DO have the training or
education to know diddly, which even KANE acknowledges
is not true.

Ron wrote
3. Most removals for "At Risk" children are made by law enforcement
officers. Not caseworkers. I notice that both of you tend to place all the
blame on the caseworkers, when in fact in many cases they just get handed a
case by the police and the actual removal has already been made.
Interesting that you don't blame the officers for making these decisions.

I do, but the CPS agency justifies to itself MAINTAINING
dominion and control over the children. The cops are
not responsible for the months of foot dragging by the agencies.
Dominion and Control over a child is the legal issue for good reason.

Old November 7th 06, 04:52 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Sherman

"giovinazzo" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Hi Lisa,
Please Do have your own private assessment done by a professional of your
choice, if it is in any way possible. I cannot stress the importance of
this effort enough. Most abused children do not grow up to become abusers.
Most child abusers were abused themselves as children. A real conundrum to
wade through. There is ample testing material that psychologists can
utilize to gain insight into a particular individual and what the impact may
or may not have on their adult behavior.

And yes, there are bad foster parents. Far too many of them as far as I am
concerned. The best thing is that it is getting better. And there are more
"good" foster parents who WILL turn in other foster parents who have abused
the children in their care. Foster parents have many problems with social
workers / caseworkers from child protection agencies. The ones who care,
work on improving communication and accountability. They do what they can,
with what they've got, where they are.

Keep up a good, positive, confident attitude. Keep up to date with your
lawyer. May your children return home soon,
Sherman.

Old November 7th 06, 05:49 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Psychologists are also BENEFICIARIES of the system.
Do you think they want to let you through unscathed?
Imiagine how embarassing it would be for them to admit
that CPS sends them thousands of people for
psych evals where there was absolutely NO BASIS for
their intrusion.

If you go to a "makeup expert" how often do you think
they would send you away saying you don't need ANY makeup?

Every person could use a bit less this or that, or a bit
more of this or that.

Nobody is ever just fine as they are.

And of course having STRONG POLITICAL VIEWS will
only let you through if the psychologist just happens
to have the same ones.

Old November 7th 06, 07:06 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Psychologists are also BENEFICIARIES of the system.

Here own privately engaged psychologist? What makes you think all
psychologists do vendor work for the state, Greg....other than your
inordinate and reactionary fear of anything to do with mental health
testing?

Why do you think Sherman encouraged her to get her own assessment
outside the system?

You dig yourself deeper and deeper.

Do you think they want to let you through unscathed?

Why would they not?

Imiagine how embarassing it would be for them to admit
that CPS sends them thousands of people for
psych evals where there was absolutely NO BASIS for
their intrusion.

Besides the fact you are wrong, the point was to use your own
psychologist for testing. I believe there was a suggestion of having
your attorney engage them so that you would not be seen as "shopping"
for one that was biased toward either side.

If you go to a "makeup expert" how often do you think
they would send you away saying you don't need ANY makeup?

When you don't.

You can say this about ever profession, every job, every employment
Greg. Do you wish to indict every working person in the world?

Every person could use a bit less this or that, or a bit
more of this or that.

Yep. A psych eval is a very good thing. It can tell you if you need to
work in certain areas of your reality, your life, and just how good you
are doing...in fact that is usually the outcome. Most people don't test
as needing much at all.

Nobody is ever just fine as they are.

Nonsense. All a psych eval tells you is that you need or don't need help
in certain areas.

And if you ARE nuts, don't you want to know before you hurt someone or
yourself?

And of course having STRONG POLITICAL VIEWS will
only let you through if the psychologist just happens
to have the same ones.

Nonsense. More bias and lies from the prime example of someone that has
no real knowledge.

Like your old buddy claiming that foster parents are killers....yet he's
never been one.

If you folks are so sure of yourselves, why aren't you within the system
cleaning it up from inside. At least volunteer, stupid.

But the you cannot because you will have to face that you have been
lying and letting yourself be lied to for all these years. A pack of
saps, that want to conserve and sequester their sap in jar on the shelf.
R R R R R R

Now take a look at this leading comment by Sherman and go apologize, you
witless get:

"Please Do have your own private assessment done by a professional of
your choice, if it is in any way possible."

See how very stupid you are, Greg? Your extreme unreasonable neurotic
biases blind you to what you are actually reading.

How dumb is that?

Sherman empowers, you try to weaken so you can pick this family off like
you've tried so often in the past to pick others.

So tell us, what do you think of the advice the Christine's got and
followed that landed them in jail for all these years, and more to come,
and until their children are adults unable likely to see them all
together in the same country? Unless their families are rich enough to
meet where neither Brit or American government prevail?

You think the advice they got TO BREAK THE LAW, Greg, was good advice?
Just didn't work out because they didn't kill the witnesses, maybe?

What would you have told them to do, stupid?

0:-

Old November 7th 06, 07:40 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Psychologists who don't get paid by the state?

Where do you find those?

Pluto?

MOST of the money psychologists get comes
from Medicaid.

It's like asking for psychologists who do psych evals
but not for the agencies.

Ask the ones who DON'T DO psych evals why they don't!