Does anybody have any useful advice on how to collect a child support debt?

Old October 14th 07, 06:28 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

Default Does anybody have any useful advice on how to collect a child support debt?

"Illiana via FamilyKB.com" u38194@uwe wrote in message
DB wrote:
"Paula" wrote in

Show me one father that doesn't want involvement with their child?

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]

And the difference in your definitions are?

A Father wantsto be with his children, he doesn't need laws to enforce
this!!!!!!

If that is the case, then why would it even be an issue to pay
child-support.

It's the amount of C$, plus daycare, plus health insurance, it's alot more
than you would normally spend on a child!
I could just see my Dad now roll in his grave if he saw how much money the
government is FORCING me to pay for one kid.
Funny how our whole family got by on less than what most of these fathers
are FORCED to pay these days!
Then again,it's the governemnt running this program and we can see how
successful they have been at running the country.

If the Non custodial parent (because there are some women that don't
support
their children) is willing to support their children that is fine, but I
think a lot of custodial parents want a court order for reassurance that
that
circumstance doesn't change.
When people get angry at each other, it is possible that a non custodial
would withhold support for spite, just as a custodial parent may withhold
access to the child.

yea, but you don't throw people in prison over child issues!

I personally think that when two people split up they should get an order
of
support and a court order for visitation right away, because you never
know
how another person may act in an attempt to get at another.

Yes Comrade, that's called communism where the government controls
everything.

Old October 14th 07, 06:38 PM posted to alt.child-support
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

DB wrote:
"Paula" wrote in

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
A Father wantsto be with his children, he doesn't need laws to enforce
this!!!!!!

If that is the case, then why would it even be an issue to pay
child-support.

It's the amount of C$, plus daycare, plus health insurance, it's alot more
than you would normally spend on a child!
I could just see my Dad now roll in his grave if he saw how much money the
government is FORCING me to pay for one kid.
Funny how our whole family got by on less than what most of these fathers
are FORCED to pay these days!
Then again,it's the governemnt running this program and we can see how
successful they have been at running the country.

If the Non custodial parent (because there are some women that don't
support

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
would withhold support for spite, just as a custodial parent may withhold
access to the child.

yea, but you don't throw people in prison over child issues!

I personally think that when two people split up they should get an order
of
support and a court order for visitation right away, because you never
know
how another person may act in an attempt to get at another.

Yes Comrade, that's called communism where the government controls
everything.

That is your situation, and the guidelines in your state. What is it like in
the other 49 states?
You nor I know about those situations, because they are not the same as ours.
Let
S just agree to disagree, but in a healthy way. Debates are good, but some of
the things on here have nothing to do with child support. Let’s not talk
about rape being the fault of the woman, because that is uncalled for. If
those who said that had ever seen a real rape victim, they would never use
that phrase again.

Old October 14th 07, 06:39 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Illiana via FamilyKB.com" u38194@uwe wrote in

What does ROTFL stand for. I am not good with acronyms because,as my
sister
put it, I am not web savy.

You're not too Savvy concerning C$ either!

You enter a World where you know nothing, have experienced nothing about a
system that is out of control, and try to use buzz words like "dead beat"
with no notion of who is a deadbeat and if they really exist.
Your ignorance of the topic is not shocking as there are many people like
you hold the belief that the government is working for your best interests.

Do you really believe everything the government tells you?

Old October 14th 07, 06:44 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Illiana via FamilyKB.com" u38194@uwe wrote in

A dad is going to pay the child support because he loves his kids, and is
willing to swallow some of his pride.

99% of C$ collected would have been paid anyway, without the goverment's
assistance!
Actually, more money would have been spent directly for the child had the
government not been involved .

Those who cannot pay, don't have any money, and no amount of Government
force will change that!

Old October 14th 07, 06:56 PM posted to alt.child-support
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

DB wrote:
"Illiana via FamilyKB.com" u38194@uwe wrote in

What does ROTFL stand for. I am not good with acronyms because,as my
sister
put it, I am not web savy.

You're not too Savvy concerning C$ either!

You enter a World where you know nothing, have experienced nothing about a
system that is out of control, and try to use buzz words like "dead beat"
with no notion of who is a deadbeat and if they really exist.
Your ignorance of the topic is not shocking as there are many people like
you hold the belief that the government is working for your best interests.

Do you really believe everything the government tells you?

I am not savvy when it comes to your situation, or how your state agency
works, but to say I know nothing is a reach. I don't know what you think the
government told me, because they haven't told me anything-other than the fact
that they want money from me every frickin' year.

To me a deadbeat is a person, man or woman, whom does not help financially
support their children, or play a role in the child’s life because they just
don’t want to. They don’t work, and live off of new partners, or work under
the table to avoid paying taxes. They just do not contribute to their
families or society in a positive way. Of course, your definition may vary
from mine.

Old October 14th 07, 06:59 PM posted to alt.child-support
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

Illiana wrote:
"Illiana via FamilyKB.com" u38194@uwe wrote in

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]

Do you really believe everything the government tells you?

I am not savvy when it comes to your situation, or how your state agency
works, but to say I know nothing is a reach. I don't know what you think the
government told me, because they haven't told me anything-other than the fact
that they want money from me every frickin' year.

To me a deadbeat is a person, man or woman, whom does not help financially
support their children, or play a role in the child’s life because they just
don’t want to. They don’t work, and live off of new partners, or work under
the table to avoid paying taxes. They just do not contribute to their
families or society in a positive way. Of course, your definition may vary
from mine.

Well, maybe we can continue this debate tomorrow, or possibly later on this
evening.

Old October 14th 07, 07:19 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

DB wrote:
"Paula" wrote in

Show me one father that doesn't want involvement with their child?

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]

And the difference in your definitions are?

A Father wantsto be with his children, he doesn't need laws to enforce
this!!!!!!

I think you mean any dad that wants to be with their children doesn't need
court order, and that is true. We are talking about men who have fathered
children.

That's the problem, Illiana. We are NOT just talking about men who have
provided the sperm and want nothing to do with the child. We are talking
about the whole gamut--from the true dedbeats, to those who desperately want
to be in their children's live (and not just as walking wallets). All are
lumped together in this system.

Any man can be a father, it doesn't take much to have sex, and
procreate, but not all of them can be dads. I know you have heard that,
but
it is the truth.
My dad was a great man, and family came first, even after he and my mum
split.
My mom had a child support order, and my dad didn't get mad, in fact he
paid
his child support AND provided my siblings and me with the extras. My mum
did
work, and her earnings went for rent, food, and other bills. She didn't
have
any habits and we always came first.

How long ago was this? Things have changed in the last years.

My mum put those child support checks in the bank, and when we were adults
she took the money, split it three ways, and gave it to us to start our
own
lives.
Maybe you were done wrong, but your experience is not everybody's, same as
mine.

You need to accept, then, that the people on this forum have had extremely
negative experiences with the child support system. Really read what some
of them have to say, and get to know the dark side of the system that served
you and your mother so well.

A dad is going to pay the child support because he loves his kids, and is
willing to swallow some of his pride.

And if he really does not have the money If he pays every penny he can,
but the arrearages continue to grow until he is committing a felony just for
not having the money? What then, Illiana? Does it mean he does not love
his children just because his income took a downward turn and he was not
granted a modification when he asked for one?

Old October 14th 07, 07:24 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Illiana via FamilyKB.com" u38194@uwe wrote in message
teachrmama wrote:
"Illiana" u38194@uwe wrote

[quoted text clipped - 28 lines]
two parent income, and as a human being, you should as well.

Unfortunately, the children are not really the issue--they are just held
up
to be the issue. If children and their right to be supported by two
parent
incomes were really the issue, then you would see stay-at-home moms
arrested
all over the country for not providing an income for their child. You
would
also see custodial parents who do not work being arrested for not
providing
support. But the only ones who are dealt with harshly are NCPs. And the
majority of the time the ones who are penalized are the ones who really
*can't* pay the full amount due to exigent circumstances. But NCP and
"deadbeat dad" have become almost synonymous in the public eye. (I could
tell you horror stories on this one)

It is obvious that you have no regard for the children in these
situations.
It makes me wonder why? How much do you or a partner have to pay an ex
for
child support, and why are you SO bitter about it?

You are responding to a person who has never had a CS order, and who
shared
responsibility for her children with her ex without ever needing any sort
of
government intervention. Why would people not want to hear advice from
someone who accomplished that?

Just comply with the law and there isn't a problem, because there are a
lot
worse things out there than child support. You are never going to change
your
opinion, just as I will not change mine. Why argue, and be nasty?
I will take the high road, and ignore your comments. Good day,
Governess.

Are you implying that she has broken the law? There are a number of
people
posting here now that seem to interpret the advice to "get a job and/or an
education and become independent of the need for someone else to help
support you" as being the same as "you don't deserve child support."
Those
are 2 very different things.

No, just that there are worse things out there besides child support that
can
devastate a family.
There are street gangs, violence, and murder. Then you have the people
that
are out to only hurt the children such as, but not limited to child
molesters,
rapists, murderers, and pedophiles.
Why cry over a few bucks?

If we were talking about "just a few bucke," we probably would not be having
this conversation. How about 50% of your take-home pay garnished on a
barely-above-minimum-wage job--leaving you with enough money either to pay
rent or to eat. And you still aren't paying the ordered amount, so
arrearages are continuing to grow. Does that seem like just a few bucks?

Hell, we should all be happy if our children are
not targeted by those kinds of people.
There are a lot of things worse than having to pay child support.
No disrespect intended, but if what you say about Gini is true, then she
has
no knowledge or experience about how child support works, or if the system
is
unfair or not.

chuckle That is why I advise you to really read what some of these people
say. I can tell you that the advice I have received from several of them
has been a huge help to my family these past 6 years. (Can you believe it's
been 6 years, Gini?)

Old October 14th 07, 07:25 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

Gini wrote:

Just comply with the law and there isn't a problem, because there are a
lot
worse things out there than child support. You are never going to
change
your
opinion, just as I will not change mine. Why argue, and be nasty?
I will take the high road, and ignore your comments.

===
ROTFL. Damn, I need to take you of my killfile. You're just too much fun.

What does ROTFL stand for. I am not good with acronyms because,as my
sister
put it, I am not web savy.

It means Rolling On The Floor Laughing. Why don't you ask Gini directly
about her experiences with the system? You really would learn a lot.
Seriously.

Old October 14th 07, 07:30 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

DB wrote:
[...]

The government lumps a lot more than that into the deadbeat category. It
puts in all of those who desperately want to be in their children's lives
and contribute financially--and do so each and every month without fail by
wage garnishment--but they are not contributing "enough" to satisfy the
order. Now, wouldn't you say that if the system is taking 50% of a man's
wages every month, that they would KNOW that he doesn't have any more to
give? Why would he not be granted a modification? Something to think
about.