Now I suppose someone will feel sorry for this guy

Old December 22nd 05, 10:18 AM posted to alt.child-support

Default Now I suppose someone will feel sorry for this guy

A lot of people go to law school because they have a useless undergrad
degree also..

Old December 22nd 05, 10:48 AM posted to alt.child-support

wrote in message
oups.com...
A lot of people go to law school because they have a useless undergrad
degree also..

They get a useless undergrad degree, and then spend all those hours and
sleepless nights getting a law degree because their undergrad degree was
useless? You sure about that one? Nearly every lawyer I've ever known got
a pre-law undergrad degree..... They knew what their plan was when they
started.

Old December 22nd 05, 09:24 PM posted to alt.child-support

Moon Shyne wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
A lot of people go to law school because they have a useless undergrad
degree also..

They get a useless undergrad degree, and then spend all those hours and
sleepless nights getting a law degree because their undergrad degree was
useless? You sure about that one? Nearly every lawyer I've ever known got
a pre-law undergrad degree..... They knew what their plan was when they
started.

Pre-Law degrees went out of vogue a long time ago. More common degrees
now are political science, history, psychology, sociology, etc. Many
students do decide to go to law school when it is hard to find a job in
one of those fields. While pre-law degrees might have been common 20
years ago, that is hardly the case today.

Old December 23rd 05, 11:11 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in

Yes, too often it becomes all about their career and has nothing to do
with solving real life problems for people!

Where on Earth did you get the idea that anyone goes to law school, gets
their degree, passes the bar exam and goes on to practice law because they
want to '[solve] real life problems for people"? Like any other
profession, they do it because they have an interest in the law (not
necessarily in people, but in the law), and because they can earn a living
that way.

Like any profession, they learn where the gravy money is and gravitate
toward the public trough!

A judge only counts the days to their nice big fat retirement fund, but in
the mean time don't tick them off in their own personal court room as they
don't want to deal with any conflict.

Old December 23rd 05, 01:54 PM posted to alt.child-support

"DB" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in

Yes, too often it becomes all about their career and has nothing to do
with solving real life problems for people!

Where on Earth did you get the idea that anyone goes to law school, gets
their degree, passes the bar exam and goes on to practice law because
they want to '[solve] real life problems for people"? Like any other
profession, they do it because they have an interest in the law (not
necessarily in people, but in the law), and because they can earn a
living that way.

Like any profession, they learn where the gravy money is and gravitate
toward the public trough!

Don;'t most people choose their profession, especially those requiring
advanced degrees, with some consideration to the earning potential of their
chosen professions?

A judge only counts the days to their nice big fat retirement fund,

As do most union members, and a variety of other careers and professions.

but in
the mean time don't tick them off in their own personal court room as they
don't want to deal with any conflict.

Judges accept conflict as a natural part of their profession - as do
lawyers. With no conflict, there were be virtually no lawsuits.