Looks like the NH Status of Men is out..

Old December 19th 05, 06:39 AM posted to alt.child-support

Default Looks like the NH Status of Men is out..

http://mensnewsdaily.com/blog/usher/...tatus-of-men-i
n-new.html
Watershed Report: The Status Of Men In New Hampshire

The State of New Hampshire released its first report, entitled the First
Biennial Report Of The New Hampshire Commission On the Status of Men.

The Commission's report is a watershed event in politics because it is the
first official recognizance of structural discrimination against boys in
education and men in the family, and because the findings indicate those
policies need to be changed to reverse the trend.

It is also the first state-level commission to follow through with the work
started in the "Families First" - The Report of the National Commission on
America's Urban Families (GPO, January 1993 [ISBN 0-16-041600-0], issued in
the closing days of the H.W. Bush administration.

The report encourages debate by calling attention to inappropriate
influences of special interests in family law, particularly in the areas of
domestic violence and child support, which in turn drive a diaspora of
problems for children and men including educational failure, delinquency,
poor workplace performance, and men's health issues.

Third, it is the first state-level report to recognize that federal programs
may have a negative impact on the father-child connection.

Lastly, New Hampshire is the first state legislature to realize the need for
a Commission to quantify the problems, triage the causes; and recommend a
wide scope of initiatives, reforms, and programs. Overall, the report
represents a sea-change in legislative attitude towards improving the
futures of boys, men, and subsequently marriage.

There is no reason to restate the contents of this report. It speaks
eloquently on its own. While the minutiae may vary in different states, the
overarching issues and relationships do not. All states would do well to
study it carefully, and take the findings and suggestions to heart.

The real value of this report is its political significance. New Hampshire
has realized that social policy should no longer live in the 1950's. Social
policy has not yet recognized or mitigated the drastic changes in the social
position of men in family and society. Rather, we have spent approximately
forty years surviving contorted politics and policy as if nothing had ever
changed.

Egalitarians of all political stripes, particularly those who realize the
importance of reversing the wide variety of intractable social and economic
problems caused by structural discrimination against men in marriage and
family, are beginning to realize that the Men's movement is the legitimate
marriage movement. This movement has been working hard for many years to
reverse the trend of father-absence and prurient divorce that has cost
everyone so dearly since the early 1960's. Politicians are increasingly
unafraid to discuss the profound drag on the economy, business, public
safety, and public coffers these problems continue to present, and then to
do something positive about it.

Boys have not changed genetically since 1950, but the way they are raised
certainly has. Today, too many boys develop an antisocial attitude that they
"have to" do it on their own. They do not build trust in others or a sense
of attaining a future role in society. They are raised absent the father
socialization that is so necessary for building team-working skills, an
ethical competitive spirit, and maturity into functional adulthood. It is
not uncommon when speaking with today's young men to hear them say that
marriage is "too dangerous" to risk. Too many of them have no real goal in
life - other than hanging out, video games and chat rooms. This is far
different from men prior to 1960, whose style of self-reliance was built on
healthy competitiveness and a goal and expectation of being a loving father
and good husband.

Father-absence seriously affects girls as well. A girl learns how to trust a
man and what to expect from one by having an involved father, instead of
experimenting on boys down the street.

Today's marriage movement is comprised of men and women who where brought up
with pre-1960's values, many of whom who ended up paying the price of
unrestrained feminist policies. It is important that our "bridge generation"
correct the failures of the last forty years. If we fail, we will leave it
to a generation socially unequipped to deal with the problem. Let us all
work together to establish a new modern standard that works for the
substantive benefit of all men, women, and children: "We must now grant to
fathers the same right to be in the family as we have granted to women in
the workplace.

Liberalism: that haunting fear that someone,
somewhere, can help themselves without
Government intervention.