Stripping of Parental Rights

Old April 4th 07, 02:00 AM posted to alt.child-support
Flyboy

Default Stripping of Parental Rights

I know of a single mom, who has full custody of her 2 year old child.
Her exhusband has not been making child support payments for over six
months. He remarried when the child was only 9 months old, and has
left the USA and has been living in Europe ever since. He does place
phone calls about twice a week to talk with his child. The state that
this story refers to is Nevada.

Is there anyway to strip him of his parenting rights? I'm hoping there
would be, seeing that he has been so irresponsible.

Are some states harsher than others when it comes to stripping of his
rights? I'm thinking the biological mom might want to move to another
state to possibly make this happen..

Thanks!

Old April 4th 07, 03:05 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Flyboy" wrote
I know of a single mom, who has full custody of her 2 year old child.
Her exhusband has not been making child support payments for over six
months. He remarried when the child was only 9 months old, and has
left the USA and has been living in Europe ever since. He does place
phone calls about twice a week to talk with his child. The state that
this story refers to is Nevada.

Is there anyway to strip him of his parenting rights?

==
Why?? Many parents are irresponsible. It is not a criteria for which to
strip parental rights.
He's calling twice a week--doesn't seem to have abandoned the child.
Why do you care anyway? Are you intending to adopt the child and accept
financial
responsibility for him/her?

Old April 4th 07, 03:38 AM posted to alt.child-support
Flyboy

On Apr 3, 8:05 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"Flyboy" wroteI know of a single mom, who has full custody of her 2 year old child.
Her exhusband has not been making child support payments for over six
months. He remarried when the child was only 9 months old, and has
left the USA and has been living in Europe ever since. He does place
phone calls about twice a week to talk with his child. The state that
this story refers to is Nevada.

Is there anyway to strip him of his parenting rights?

==
Why?? Many parents are irresponsible. It is not a criteria for which to
strip parental rights.
He's calling twice a week--doesn't seem to have abandoned the child.
Why do you care anyway? Are you intending to adopt the child and accept
financial
responsibility for him/her?

No, I would just want him completely out of the picture and not deal
with him at all

Old April 4th 07, 04:10 AM posted to alt.child-support
Animal05[_3_]

Gini wrote:

"Flyboy" wrote

I know of a single mom, who has full custody of her 2 year old child.
Her exhusband has not been making child support payments for over six
months. He remarried when the child was only 9 months old, and has
left the USA and has been living in Europe ever since. He does place
phone calls about twice a week to talk with his child. The state that
this story refers to is Nevada.

Is there anyway to strip him of his parenting rights?

==
Why?? Many parents are irresponsible. It is not a criteria for which to
strip parental rights.
He's calling twice a week--doesn't seem to have abandoned the child.
Why do you care anyway? Are you intending to adopt the child and accept
financial
responsibility for him/her?

Why? ......because he is the new guy in the picture ...and God forbid he
should he be bothered with the bio dad in the picture.
Old April 4th 07, 04:27 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Flyboy" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 3, 8:05 pm, "Gini" wrote:
[...]

Ah yes! Another guy punching a chick with a kid who wants to get the
bio-dad out of the picture so he can be the cock of the roost. Forget it!
You have no impact regarding how that child is cared for and no say in how
that child's parents interact.

Old April 4th 07, 04:46 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"Flyboy" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 3, 8:05 pm, "Gini" wrote:
[...]

Well, aint' that special! If you aren't a "family court" judge or a "child
support" industry employee, you should be because you certainly fit the
mold. The problems of society can be traced back to fools like you!

Old April 4th 07, 01:09 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Bob Whiteside" wrote

"Flyboy" wrote

"Gini" wrote:
Are you intending to adopt the child and accept
financial
responsibility for him/her?

No, I would just want him completely out of the picture and not deal
with him at all

Ah yes! Another guy punching a chick with a kid who wants to get the
bio-dad out of the picture so he can be the cock of the roost. Forget it!
You have no impact regarding how that child is cared for and no say in how
that child's parents interact.

==
But, did you note he doesn't want to adopt or be financially responsible for
the child?

Old April 4th 07, 02:42 PM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On Apr 4, 8:09 am, "Gini" wrote:
"Bob Whiteside" wrote

"Flyboy" wrote

"Gini" wrote:

Are you intending to adopt the child and accept financial
responsibility for him/her?

No, I would just want him completely out of the picture and not deal
with him at all

Ah yes! Another guy punching a chick with a kid who wants to get the
bio-dad out of the picture so he can be the cock of the roost. Forget it!
You have no impact regarding how that child is cared for and no say in how
that child's parents interact.

==
But, did you note he doesn't want to adopt or be financially responsible for
the child?

Ah, this reminds me of my mother-in-law...she prides herself in
supporting her children on her own...blah, blah...made sure that my
husband is forever grateful to her husband as "he took care of them",
blah, blah...well, to a point I agree...HOWEVER, there is a big
difference here...THEY also (he as well) made sure that my husband had
NO CONTACT with his father...never...So, yes, she calls the dad a
deadbeat, yet she and her new hubby made their new lives together and
ensured he had no contact with his father...

You know...it's NOT the same when you have a child with no contact
with the other parent...it's much easier that way to go about your
business...the difficulty lies when the other parent is involved,
however, that IS what is best for the child...even though many CPs out
there might not think so...

Old April 4th 07, 07:06 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"whatamess" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 4, 8:09 am, "Gini" wrote:
"Bob Whiteside" wrote

"Flyboy" wrote

"Gini" wrote:

[...]

Happens here all the time--The current squeeze comes in and wants to know
how to
get rid of the dad but get more money from him at the same time. Usually the
newbie
doesn't want anything to do with the kid, either. Pathetic.

Old April 5th 07, 05:55 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"whatamess" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 4, 8:09 am, "Gini" wrote:
"Bob Whiteside" wrote

"Flyboy" wrote

"Gini" wrote:

[...]

Bear in mind: it's all about the FREE MONEY! If you remove the financial
incentive, my guess is that 99.9% of these custody issues would vanish. It
doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the less time a child
spends with their father the more money the mother gets.