38week checkup and induction

Old April 29th 04, 05:34 AM
Angela Schepers

Default 38week checkup and induction

Well, I went in for my 38 week appointment today and the OB was kinda
suprised to see me cause she thought I'd go into labor before then (was
2-3cm dialated and 80% effaced at 37weeks). Well, my BP and everything
else was fine. Gained 1.5 lbs in the past week but I've been eating
like crazy though and the doc thought it was mostly water weight and
baby growth. So, as it turns out I'm now 4 cm dialated, 90% effaced and
the doc still thinks I'll go any second now and she doesn't know what's
keeping me from it. I've also had a bunch more bloody show tonight so
maybe that'll get things going soon? Either way she said if by next
weeks appointment (May 5) if I haven't had the baby yet she'd like to
schedule me to come in to the hospital May 7 and they'll break my bag of
waters to get me going. She said that this was optional and if we want
things to go their natural course that was ok with her too but she gave
DH and I the option. I told her to go ahead and schedule us on May 7,
unless we go into labor before hand of course.

I've been having a lot more pelvic pain in back again and I'd rather not
have to go back to the physical therapist before the baby gets here
because I think I'll have to go again after the baby gets here anyhway
and it'll probably be counterproductive. Besides, those $20 copay's per
therapist visit ate us up a little this month and we're trying to save
money so DH can spend extra time at home with me and baby after we get
home. If I'm lucky I may not even need to see the therapist after the
baby is born. My OB agrees that baby is fully developed and just kinda
holding out on coming out so we're ok with getting a nudge. I just hope
he gets here before then! I'm getting so excited, only 9 more days at
most potentially!

I hope all you other ladies due here soon are doing well! Good luck to
all of you!!

Angela
EDD 5-13-04

Old April 29th 04, 06:51 AM
Cam & Shane

Oh my - how exciting - please keep us updated on how you're feeling.

Good luck

Camille

---

Old April 29th 04, 01:10 PM
Sophie

So, as it turns out I'm now 4 cm dialated, 90% effaced and
the doc still thinks I'll go any second now and she doesn't know what's
keeping me from it.

Wow, sounds good.

Good luck

Sophie
#4 due 7/7/04 - 4th c-section

Old April 29th 04, 03:11 PM
Jill

"Angela Schepers" wrote

I hope all you other ladies due here soon are doing well! Good luck to
all of you!!

Angela
EDD 5-13-04

I can't believe we have almost made it to our due dates! Mine is May 17 (or
May 16 if you want to go by the DD from the 8 week u/s- the 17 was what was
estimated by LMP before I had the u/s to date). I can't believe it!

I'm glad there's an end in sight for you!

I can't believe I'm due in practically 2 weeks. So far being this far along
is much more comfortable than I thought it would be- would you believe that
I have not had much heartburn, am still sleeping ok, and if just nap and sit
and walk around as I feel like, I don't have too many aches and pains? (That
darn hip pain/sciatica hurts like hell though when it happens, which is
usually if I stand or walk too long! It happens EVERY time I go out shopping
for just a short trip.) I do get crampy but it always passes in an hour or
two. I haven't had any more panic attacks or feelings like I can't
breathe..it's like I am just waiting for something to start! I don't know
what might change in 2 weeks though, I can feel great one day and crappy the
next...but so far so good!

I just can't believe it's this close for us! I wish I knew just for
curiosity if I'm dilated, all I know is last Friday the baby was engaged to
a -1. My next appointment is tomorrow, which will be 37w5d for me
approximately. I don't really plan to have an internal exam since the last
attempt was painful and there isn't really a need for one at this point. But
I am curious still! My friend was 2-3cm dilated for 2-3 weeks before she had
her baby, I don't know about effacement. I guess the midwife didn't get a
measurement for that from me either but she said my cervix is very soft and
ready. whatever that means.

Good luck!! I hope the next week or two goes by comfortably for you!!

Jill

Old April 29th 04, 04:42 PM
Angela Schepers

I can't believe I'm due in practically 2 weeks. So far being this far

along
is much more comfortable than I thought it would be- would you

believe that
I have not had much heartburn, am still sleeping ok, and if just nap

and sit
and walk around as I feel like, I don't have too many aches and

pains? (That
darn hip pain/sciatica hurts like hell though when it happens, which is
usually if I stand or walk too long! It happens EVERY time I go out

shopping
for just a short trip.) I do get crampy but it always passes in an

hour or
two.

Sleep hasn't been too great the past few days for me but I'm still
getting enough of it to not feel exhausted. The only discomforts I have
is some achiness in the joints in my pelvis and my pubic bone sometimes
feels like it's on fire! I think that's just cause the baby's riding so
low though but it still makes walking uncomfortable after a while.
Also, my back hurts if I walk around too much but I know that's very normal.

I haven't had any more panic attacks or feelings like I can't
breathe..it's like I am just waiting for something to start! I don't know
what might change in 2 weeks though, I can feel great one day and

crappy the
next...but so far so good!

I've had a history of panic attacks myself. Luckily I haven't had one
in quite a while (mine are mainly brought on by stress) but I've had a
few anxiety attacks creep up on me the past few months.. not fun at all.

I just can't believe it's this close for us! I wish I knew just for
curiosity if I'm dilated, all I know is last Friday the baby was

engaged to
a -1. My next appointment is tomorrow, which will be 37w5d for me
approximately. I don't really plan to have an internal exam since the

last
attempt was painful and there isn't really a need for one at this

point. But
I am curious still! My friend was 2-3cm dilated for 2-3 weeks before

she had
her baby, I don't know about effacement. I guess the midwife didn't get a
measurement for that from me either but she said my cervix is very

soft and
ready. whatever that means.

The internal exam really isn't painful for me, more uncomfortable than
anything really but it's over quickly. Besides, I'm so darned curious
that I couldn't help but find out if I was progressing.

Good luck!! I hope the next week or two goes by comfortably for you!!

Thanks!

Old April 29th 04, 04:42 PM
Angela Schepers

I can't believe I'm due in practically 2 weeks. So far being this far along
is much more comfortable than I thought it would be- would you believe that
I have not had much heartburn, am still sleeping ok, and if just nap and sit
and walk around as I feel like, I don't have too many aches and pains? (That
darn hip pain/sciatica hurts like hell though when it happens, which is
usually if I stand or walk too long! It happens EVERY time I go out shopping
for just a short trip.) I do get crampy but it always passes in an hour or
two.

Sleep hasn't been too great the past few days but I'm still getting

Old April 29th 04, 10:02 PM
Maggie

Angela Schepers spake thusly
Well, I went in for my 38 week appointment today and the OB was kinda
suprised to see me cause she thought I'd go into labor before then (was
2-3cm dialated and 80% effaced at 37weeks).

Wow! I had my 40w checkup yesterday and I'm around the same (75%
effaced though). My midwife reckons I'll go into labour within the next
few days, so I'm mentally preparing myself for a weekend baby.

I've been having a lot more pelvic pain in back again

Just the last week has been quite uncomfortable with lower back pain and
cramping, and I'm finally thinking that it will be great to get this kid
out! Even have my bag packed now.

I just hope he gets here before then! I'm getting so excited, only 9
more days at most potentially!

LOL! I started getting really excited yesterday, and then had real
problems getting to sleep. *Then* I was getting stressed that bubs
would want to start arriving and I'd be dead tired because of lack of
sleep. So now I'm trying to just ignore all that and keep on doing
stuff as normal.

Might do some housework. That might shock my system into labour!
--
Maggie
EDD 28 April
Old April 29th 04, 10:36 PM
Angela Schepers

That's what I'm doing today. I'm cleaning all the bathrooms, and
sweeping and mopping all the floors. Maybe that'll jumpstart me.

Might do some housework. That might shock my system into labour!