Awaiting Twins

Old March 30th 04, 05:50 AM
Karen

Default Awaiting Twins

Having twins is truly an adventure!
I, too, was convinced that I would be fine without having scheduled
help come in. I figured that I could just call family & friends on an
"as needed" basis. But let me tell you - those first few months are
tough! We went through a period of a few weeks where the girls just
screamed non-stop (or at least it seemed that way). After dealing with
it all day, my husband came home and they started up again. After an
hour, I started crying too an my husband just started to laugh (which
annoyed me at the time, but I see where he was coming from). He kept
saying, "okay - ONE of you has got to stop crying!"
We had our nights of being sleep deprived and feeling like shut-ins
(the girls were preemies and born during flu season, so we couldn't
take them out of the house for several months), so we would fight.
Also, of course, money gets tight which causes tension.

All that being said, I think it's great that your husband is entering
this experience so positively! You really need one parent (at least)
to be the cheerleader and say "hey, it's tough, but we can do this!"
I'm always the pesismist, convinced that things will fall apart. My
hubby's the one who doesn't care that we have Mount Saint Laundry in
our bedroom and that the kitchen is a disaster area.

If you can, find someone who can come over one day a week (at least)
to help you out. Even if that person doesn't touch a baby and just
throws a load of laundry in, it will help you so much! My mom comes
every Wednesday and only stays for a few hours, but it's long enough
for me to wander through the mall or clean the floors, whatever. Just
knowing help is there makes the hard parts much easier.

And above all - when you're in the middle of a really tough phase,
remember - it will end! I did not know how I was going to get through
the 3rd month! Now the girls are a delight.
Allow yourself to be overwhelemed. If you aren't keeping perfect track
of meals, naps, etc., don't beat yourself up. If the only way your
babies will fall asleep is in the swing, or the bouncy seat, it's
okay. You can work on modifying sleep habits later.
Do whatever you need to do to survive day by day...and tell your
husband you love him every night.

Congratulations on your blessings! Keep us posted!
Karen

Old April 1st 04, 12:42 PM
Reta

Hi Seth Jackson, Derek and Mariel are very lovely!

Congratulations, Nicose!!!
Please feel free to visit www.parentingsoft.com I hope it can help you.

Reta

My husband thinks this is filled with fun! I need help convincing him on how
challenging our life will become in the first few months....anyone have a
story to share?

It *is* filled with fun...although those first three months are
definitely tough. Get as much sleep as you can now. Soon, you won't
remember what it feels like.

Old April 1st 04, 12:47 PM
Reta

Congratulations, Nicole!!!

Reta

We are excited as we await the arrival of our twins. We have no idea what
the sexes are but they will be joining us in a feww days...or weeks!?!?!

My husband thinks this is filled with fun! I need help convincing him on how
challenging our life will become in the first few months....anyone have a
story to share?

Nicole

Old April 14th 04, 01:22 AM
Seth Jackson

On 1 Apr 2004 03:42:58 -0800, (Reta) wrote:

Hi Seth Jackson, Derek and Mariel are very lovely!

Thanks, Reta! I have some band new school pictures to put up as soon
as I get around to scanning them.

--
-Seth Jackson, proud father of Derek and Mariel(10/1/99). Pictures at:
http://hitmeister.home.mindspring.co...lypictures.htm

Music links: www.mp3.com/SethJackson
www.mp3.com/loudspeaker
www.SethJackson.net