laundry and house cleaning poll - for those with little ones!

Old December 21st 05, 10:17 PM posted to misc.kids

Default laundry and house cleaning poll - for those with little ones!

Marie wrote:
"Irene" wrote in message
ups.com...
Lol. The only times I can think of where I volunteered to help with
housework (other than doing dishes after dinner) was before a party and
I was early. Once for my sister (partly because I didn't really want
my crawling baby on really icky floors!) and once for a bachelor friend
who had recently moved. Oh, and when babysitting for my nieces when my
BIL had gone to get SIL and newest neice home from the hospital - dh
and I got the kids to help straighten up the mess that had accumulated
while SIL was in the hospital.

For some reason, I like to do dishes for people. I hate doing dishes. But I
do them at my mom's and MIL's if she has more than a few dirty ones, and I
have done my aunt's, who is always running here and there with three
pre-teens and has a problem with depression. I also sweep at my MIL's
sometimes, and when we were dirtpoor a few years ago and would eat lunch
there when she wasn't home I'd sweep and do her dishes and fold the laundry
sitting out on the table (all things that were acceptable to her).
I really wish someone would do *my* dishes! I guess when I'm a
grandma...though my mom did do mine when I came home from the hospital with
babe #2.
Marie

I always volunteer to do dishes at one sister's house -- she keeps her
thermostat at a cozy 58, and doing dishes is the only way I can get my
hands warm in the winter.

Beyond that, though, it's not something I actively seek out.

Caledonia

Old December 22nd 05, 05:38 PM posted to misc.kids

In article ,
dragonlady says...

In article ,
Banty wrote:

Correction: you saw emotion and guilt where I didn't.

Really, go back and read the O.P. How can a well-thought out list of poll
questions *possibly* been seen as "NOT as requesting advice about how
to do a better job of housework, but as a desire to not feel guilty
about what she wasn't accomplishing"?? The only thing that even approaches
an
expresison of guilt is a statement that she feels behind what she aims to do
as
far as housework. But it'd be a stretch to see even that as an expression of
guilt.

And that's what I responded to: that she said she always felt like she
was several days behind. *To me* that sounds like feeling guilty, or at
least slightly overwhelmed.

And, as I said, I think our individual reading the OP may be viewed as a
Rorshock, saying more about us than about the OP.

No, Marie, this isn't an ambigious pattern that we read our own personalities
onto. The original post is quite straightforwardly unemotional and practical.
I didn't read anyting onto it. You did.

You seem to want to leave this on some kind of even-ground understanding, but
the best you'll get on this is agree-to-disagree.

Banty